1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brb

brb CR250

It upsets me no more, than all the people that cleared the shelves of bog roll, it upsets me no more than B&Q being open, because the businesses chose to. It upsets me no more, than certain bodies thinking restarting football is some sort of priority. It upsets me no more, than companies that are opportunist at making employees redundant during this virus. At the end of the day, it came down to a minor breach of the law, that was not captured at the time of the offence, should we go prosecuting other people, in the same way, I'm sure local authorities have plenty of CCTV footage of people being where they shouldn't.

2. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I HONESTLY hope you are right , but I doubt anything bad will come of this for either of them ( Much as I want it to ) .

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Only he and more importantly the PM, cabinet and attorney general haven’t got away with it.

As they’ve all maintained throughout that he didn’t breach the lockdown rules and have gone to extraordinary lengths to try and justify why he supposedly didn’t. Only now, the Police have concluded that he did. The fact that they’re not going to prosecute retrospectively is irrelevant really, as the ‘he’s done nothing wrong’ stance has been shown to be wrong.

4. Number 1 Jasper

As I said to Archers . I Honestly hope you are correct .

5. Looney Leftie

Looney Leftie Well-Known Member

This is no different from prof Ferguson and the Scottish CMO.

All three broke the law and all three were told no further action would be taken.

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... all good points ... but the elephant in the room is that he flouted what he himself had been key in constructing ... the other things you mention are all valid but lacking in the arrogant hypocrisy of Cummings actions.

What has started to piss me off most is that they won't review other lockdown fines generally to see if they too were really "minor breaches" ... the law has to be applied equally ... not ignored or waived because you are "important" ... otherwise you can't really blame people for breaking it <ok>

Lovearsenalcock and brb like this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

The fact it's after the event is important for me. It was also never about him being done by the police (not to say he didn't deserve it if he was caught at the time like anyone else).

It's about the rest of the cronies in Cabinet and Boris lying to defend him that was the real disgrace. Even if he was done by the po po or ended up resigning, would THEY have been forced to admit their error of judgement or blatant bullshit? I very much doubt it. Most ppl will have forgotten about this a year from now. Heck most have forgotten the seriousness in the need for a lockdown after 6 weeks so Cummings fck up and lies being remembered is wishful thinking.

Interesting to see if Cummings position is strengthened or weakened by this in the Tory party. On the one hand most Tory MPs feel this demonstrates the need for a stronger Cabinet, not one subservient to Cummings but actually listening to them. On the other hand Cummings is an arrogant **** and will see this as him being indispensible to Boris and carry on with business as usual. The Cabinet must feel like utter sheep either way.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

In fairness I understand the actions of the Police and they’ve explained them.

As they said had they pulled him on his trip to Barnard Castle they’d have told him to turn around, and if he refused would have ticketed him. So not retrospectively issuing a ticket is acceptable in my book.

9. Number 1 Jasper

He said his wife had symptoms , he worried IF he got them , that would put the child at risk .

So he puts his son in VERY close proximity ( The car ) with someone he thought HAD covid 19 and drove 260 miles .

My Brother had covid 19 . He HAD to self isolate in a bedroom in his home . He only came out to go to the bathroom . His wife left food outside the bedroom door FFS !

The man is a Liar , he has broken the rules HE helped write and he has put his own Son at risk !

That is utterly disgusting IMHO .

BobbyD and Looney Leftie like this.
  10. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

I don't disagree ... it's the principle I'm pissed off about ...

11. brb

brb CR250

He pissed me off to, which I believe I made pretty clear at the time. I was upset with what he did and the position he held, I wasn't upset because his name happened to be Cummings.

12. Looney Leftie

Looney Leftie Well-Known Member

The police have made it very clear that if caught at the time he would've been sent back to his father's house and only fined if he refused.

There is no wriggle room here but you can guarantee the Tories will still try to defend him.

Screenshot_20200528-135412_Twitter.jpg

brb likes this.
  13. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Considering your propensity for getting everything wrong, that is a glowing endorsement.

14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Absolutely mate ... I'm with you 100% ... I've kept to the lockdown because the guidance was there and it also made sense ... that somebody key to implementing it could flagrantly ignore it is a piss take on the rest of us ... that he is an adviser to a Tory government is largely irrelevant ... I would be equally scathing of any arrogant hypocritical prick with public responsibility that acted similarly ...

I didn't need this fuel to aim general bombs at our government for their handling of the crisis ... the highest death rate in Europe is proof enough of that ...

Lovearsenalcock and brb like this.
  15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Tbh when this first broke, the original story about him travelling to Durham, I thought it was a ****ing daft decision on his behalf i.e. to stick his COVID suspected wife, him and his kid in the car for 5 hours where the likelihood of cross infection would have been extremely high. I also thought it was against the rules. BUT, if he’d just coughed for it and said he thought he was doing the right thing, but might have called it wrong, it’d have ended there for me.

However, as soon as the Barnard Castle jaunt came out the next day, I thought he should be toast, as there was no justification for that imo.

What’s really pissed me off though, is the complete insult to the intelligence of the Govt defence of him. Trying to take us for mugs imo, and making some quite ridiculous comments in trying to cover for a bloke who’s merely a SPAD at the end of the day.

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... and why was he half an hour late ... because they still needed some late contrivance time ... whoever came up with the eye test / kid needing a piss was amateur hour... but they needed to have something ... kidnap by aliens possibly just lost out ...

Who in their right mind risks the lives of wife and child to prove driving vision?

The kid must have a bladder of extremes ... can last 5 hour plus journeys between London and Durham without needing a piss ... but half an hour to a beauty spot and the whole family empties out ... plus it takes the kid over 15 mins to shake the last droplets <laugh>

aberdude likes this.
  17. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Him and his wife must of known the **** storm this would have caused when it got out.
    On that basis i can only think he was doing what he thought was the best/right thing.
    If it was pure out and out arrogance he should be dog knotted.

Tobes likes this.
  18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Made worse by the fact that both of them wrote articles about their supposed COVID experience and never mentioned anything about their trip North, making out they were at home.

Archers Road and aberdude like this.
  19. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Johnson and the rest of his gutless snakes may think that this is over, but there are thousands of people who have suffered personal tragedies who will remember and bring this up at a suitable time. The whole handling of the pandemic has been shambolic. Test and trace and quarantine for people coming into the country were procedures that should have been introduced at the beginning of March not sometime into June. Humility and honesty do not seem to come easily to most of Johnson’s Cabinet as they strive to make as much for themselves as they can while they still have control of the trough.

20. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Considering I talk **** you are giving me lots of attention........all I've done is question the official lies....and here you are Defending the bullshit.

You're issue not mine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.