1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by lifecheshirewhite, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

We had a gig booked for Saturday, 3 bands playing a charity night, we've had to cancel it, as we've had 30 people contact us today to say they wouldn't be coming, and expect the number to grow.

This thing will have a big impact on charities too.

ristac likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sir Patrick Vallance scientific advisor, is it just me or does he look like Bielsa

3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

there you guys, if you want facts, you can look by country too.

Take all the stats with a pinch of salt though... reported cases to deaths will go up, as some of those reported will die. To counter that, how many have mild symptoms and are never reported... impossible to say.

Will be interesting to see how the socio-economic effects of this pan out... if loads of businesses go under, loss of jobs, social unrest. It's a worldwide experiment. Everyone is winging it... it's easier to estimate the cost (in lives) of do nothing than it is to estimate the knock-on effects of doing something.

Hope all works out as well as possible for my fellow not606ers and their loved ones.

davy, ristac, 2 pennth and 1 other person like this.
  4. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

It’s good but bear in mind the reported cases (as opposed to deaths) depend on how much testing each country does. The deaths info and analysis is useful though.

happy times.

5. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

South Korea tested more than anyone else thus far. Mortality rate there was 0.7% and cases have slowed down.

The mortality rate in this country and Italy will be sky high because they are only really testing people that need hospital treatment.

I'm not saying don't worry. Just that alot of panic is spreading. It doesn't help anyone. If everyone locksdown for 3 weeks then that will slow this thing down and let the NHS catch up. That's a ****ter for businesses but we can only hope that Boris and the boys address that today. Freezing everybody's mortgages would be a start.

Roll on summer!

ristac likes this.
  6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

If they don't freeze the mortgages then just stop paying them ffs. Does anyone think the banks will attempt to repossess millions of homes when crisis is over. Self isolate. Why does everyone have to wait for government to take action

7. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Civil disobedience ****'em youll get your money when i get it , every man for himself
    Anyway lads on a lighter note im having a right drink in leeds city centre for paddys day going to the Irish centre later **** the virus

8. lifecheshirewhite

Don't forget to finish with a couple of shots of Whisky or Vodka to kill the Virus. <whistle>

OLOF likes this.
  9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

upload_2020-3-17_16-29-19.png

Attached Files:

10. Eireleeds1

Plane with 5 passengers on board, Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, the Pope, Leo Varadkar and a ten year old school boy. The plane is about to crash and theres only 4 parachutes Trump, said i need one i've to sort out the USA! Takes one and jumps, The pope said i need one, I've to sort out the catholic Church. Takes one and jumps, Boris said i'm the smartest man in England takes one and jumps, Leo said to the ten year old "you can have the last parachute I've lived my life yours is only starting"...the 10 year old said "ah sure theres 2 parachutes left the smartest man in England took my school bag"

Whitejock, OLOF, ristac and 3 others like this.

11. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Indeed fella that was my point about those with mild symptoms not getting reported.
    ...If you generally only test those that turn up in hospital it might skew your figures a tad!

12. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Hey I'm all for it. I'm as militant as they come! However, the one thing I've learnt from being a union rep in the past is that everyone bangs their pitchforks and shouts and swears so you you march them to the front and when you turn around they are all back at their desks shrugging their shoulders going "I never asked for a pay rise boss!"

That's why I ****ed it off!

ristac likes this.
  13. 2020VisionofLeeds

Well my daughters a doctor (in Yorkshire, funnily enough) and 6 months pregnant, just found out one of the patients on her ward has got the virus. It’s a medical ward so not supposed to have virus patients. Now she’s got a bit of a cough - hopefully it’s not the virus. It would be fair to say she’s not happy.

14. Eireleeds1

That’s an awful worry a pregnant woman can do without. Fingers crossed it’s nothing

15. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that 20/20 and I sincerely hope all turns out to be fine in the end.

The stoic bravery of all medical staff at this most difficult time is something we should all stop and think about for a moment.

JonnyLosAngeles, davy and 2 pennth like this.
  16. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Ok, so why, in the midst of all this sh1tstorm, haven't I heard Russia being mentioned once?

I do not trust that Putin fecker....he wants to take over the world. :emoticon-0130-devil

What's going on there then?

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  17. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Have you tried that Vodka they drink, no virus would survive that.

18. 2020VisionofLeeds

Nor do I but in this case the Russian response was to close border with China and early on put draconian measures on anyone entering the country. It’s down the page in this Article from early on in the crisis.
    https://thebell.io/en/russia-braces-for-oil-shock/?amp

19. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Don't know how I missed this must have come through as I went for my morning constitution.
    Wife plays hell when I always have my face in the phone when we are out.
    I've just told her I missed a juicy
    <laugh>:(:emoticon-0148-yes:

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  20. lifecheshirewhite

114 cases so a couple of weeks behind us, but they reacted faster.