1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chery asks for move

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by LondonCalling, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

£2.25m

durbar2003 likes this.
  2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Quite right. If anyone offered any of us a triple or more salary, who would say no?

3. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

If I was Chery I'd be biting their hand off for the dosh that the Chinese are offering.
    Being a pro footballer is great while it lasts, but your career is pretty short for most players, so why not earn as much cash for your family as you can in that time.
    Add to that, you could suffer a serious injury at anytime and find yourself in a position that you can't earn any kind of money like you planned....it really is a no brainer.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  4. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I couldn't argue with Chery for taking the cash. If we had a chance of getting to the Premiership, he may have thought differently, but another year in the Championship must have been a daunting prospect. I'm not sure about the 'lower standard of football' thing either. The way the Chinese are splashing the cash, the standard is going to rise pretty quickly. Good luck to him.

5. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. If I was a footballer like him, I might. But in my current situation in life, I'd be hard-pressed to just pick and go with everything I have. Kids going to good schools, them having to lose friends, and no, I do not want to have a long-distance relationship away from the important people in my life, the kids can't just change everything around them, they'd have a really hard time, etc.
    I couldn't just pick up and go to a foreign country where I do not speak the language, nor have I the luxury of family freedoms around me that would allow me to do so. So no, even if it was tripling my salary, I might say no.
    So that's a silly question <doh>

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

only might say no though

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  7. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

WE LOSE YOU CAUSE WE NEED THE MONEY,IVE MET YOU IN REAL LIFE AND WEVE SPOKEN AND YOUR A TRULLY BEAUTIFULL PERSON IF A PREM CLUB CAME IN YES YOU COULD BE GREAT IN THE PREM BUT IN TRUTH YOU NEED A NEW CHALLENGE,
    NO HARD FEELINGS BUD ,WE JUST NEED THE MONEY

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

He's been awful of late Ted and I won't be sad to see him go.
    Clearly doesn't want to be here and the wrong sort for a relegation battle.

Talented though and I wish him well.

9. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

He'd probably do well at Arsenal

10. rangercol

The modern fixation on money being the most important thing in life is such a sad indictment of the World we live in.

11. rangercol

Agreed. I think he would do very well with better players around him.

12. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

the greed in football will imo be it's downfall. My local has to pay £1100 a month for the full Sky/BT package and even for the ''big games'', you'll only see 20 customers in there

13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Yes big shame we couldn't get back to the PL with him, and realising this, a shame too Chery apparently is not looking to move to a PL Club where he could both secure his family's financial security and better enhance his football career than he is is likely to do in China.

rangercol likes this.
  14. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

For once I actually understand this move...Chery and his family were incredibly poor.
    "Chery, born in Den Haag, was just three years old when his father left. He spent his early years moving around sheltered housing across Holland, before the family settled. Tjarck and Ronny, four and nine years older than Tjaronn respectively, had to work to provide money for his mother Sjaan. They drove their little brother to football, as he tried to make it at the FC Twente academy.Life became especially hard when their absent father tried to insert himself back into the life of the family he had left behind. “Sometimes my dad tried to find us, but his relationship with my mum was not good” says Chery, who has not seen his father since he left. “He wanted to see my mum, but she didn’t want to see him. She would go away and leave every time, to avoid him. Sometimes there were big problems.The family is as close as any family could be. “My mum went through so many **** things when I was younger,” Chery says, “but now she has a good life.” "

He is now 28, and probably accepts he is never going to be a stellar earner and superstar. Money is very important to him and his extended family (and that is not a criticism here)...I fully understand why he would jump at this opportunity. I do not blame him, in fact I admire him a lot...Good luck to him, a shame it didnt work out for him and us

BlindFaith likes this.
  15. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Given his background, and his desire to earn as much as he can while he can, I can't argue with his wanting to go to China...however, it leaves me asking the question, where does this leave QPR and other such clubs if every time we get a decent player, they get tempted to China by the offer of loads of money? It will only put clubs like QPR even further behind the 'big boys'.

That said, the players need to look carefully at what they are going onto. Loic 'bench warmer' Remy has hardly set the world on fire since his move, and he may well have been happier and will certainly have played a lot more football if he stayed at Loftus Road.

16. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

FROM SSN
    CHERY OFF TO CHINA TOO

Tjaronn Chery is due to fly out to China this weekend as his move from Queens Park Rangers to Guizhou edges closer.

The 28-year-old Dutchman is still training with QPR but will not feature in their FA Cup game against Blackburn this weekend after making it clear he wants to leave Loftus Road.

17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

18. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Have to congratulate the club of making another good profit on a player in the space of a week. Honestly I don't think they will be missed.

19. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Agree there Norway. JFH built the team around him......and it just about worked/ticked over. But really Chery was not quite good enough for that
    Then his confidence went and it all went away

Then Ollie came and said to him...you have to be part of the team....and it was not in his skill or mind set.
    Had to go...and for a profit.
    All good, not too disappointed.....and very glad for him, as said before, to secure more for his families future

Good luck Chery baby

Tramore Ranger and NorwayRanger like this.
  20. rangercol

I prefer Manning.

NorwayRanger likes this.