1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

You make a fair observation there mate.
    For a mid table team, we probably have played above our expectations so far this season but having now looked at the table, we seem to be sliding our way back to where we should be.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

mmm not much to say about today as it is a continuing problem.

3. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Hope you got enough tips

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Agreed. Disappointing result today but a narrow loss away to an in-form promotion chasing team is not the end of life itself. We are better off than many thought we'd be and let's face it we all predicted a lower half finish this season so clearly we are all expecting to lose more than we win.

rajman and mapleranger like this.
  5. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Look like we were lucky it wasn't a couple more for them:

6. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Terrible defensive blunders from our boys. Just shows how important it is to have a cohesive back unit - the mass of injuries robbed us of that. As last season we have to be a much stronger unit defensively; Onouha disappoints me by his little, but very costly, mistakes and lack of leadership in the defence - I always expect more from him - but am invariably disappointed. If we are getting out there identifying young players for the future, we need a couple of centre backs with a good brain ad well as the defensive skills (notably, Caulker has neither I'm afraid). We need Hall back. We need a new CB in this window.

Not an unexpected result given Badiff's current form, I just hope we aren't too weak to see it as two defeats in a row and panic or heads go down. It's ok managing while the results go right, it's what you do to manage the team, lift heads and get back to winning ways again. For once the break comes at the right time for Holloway - chance to get things sorted and back on track.

Doesn't look an easy time - Ipswich hurting from loss at home; Millwall buoyed by big win against Norwich and away to Middlesbrough. With the obvious banana-skin against Burton to end the month.

Time to get any transfers sorted and closed out and Holloway to get the boys back in the right frame of mind to grab some points again. if he is going to build any of what he keeps telling us he is doing.

Ninj, KPDHoopster and daverangers like this.
  7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

The defenders do seem to like to ball watch
    And stop standing off the attacker with the ball
    Get in his space and try and get the bloody ball off him

daverangers and Wherever like this.
  8. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

It's easy to blame defenders for the defeat, (speaking as a former defender), I did blame caulker for their first goal. I personally like Ned, thought Furlong did alright if a little naive at times, Bidwell did well mostly, shame Hall and Perch, who started well this season are injured. I worry more about the lack of goal threat, can't see a lot of goals from the midfield and our attack is pretty toothless, until Sylla comes on. Goals coming From lumps into the box or oppo mistakes, we create very little where it really matters.

kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Chump is the weak link and he has been for some time. I remember a Sunday game v West Ham under Arry where Chump and Caulker were shocking and I remember being 3-0 down very quickly due to simple mistakes.
    I have noticed a few getting carried away with recent results and I have not said much other than 'happy with the results' because I believe we are in a false position. We teams start getting fitter and as the season goes on I see us sinking very quickly.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  10. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Disagree. Think he's held the defence together as well as could be expected even with some errors. Playing with a half fit Baptiste or totally unfit Caulker can't be easy. Look at how they got on together against Brentford reserves.

We've conceded six in five (I think). Not great but about par.

ELLERS likes this.

11. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I did not watch or follow the game, but catching up on the events it seems that Cardiff did not outclass us.

They took advantage of our mistakes and we did not punish them with our chances.

12. Bwood_Ranger

Apart from from Yeni right at the end I don't think their keeper was tested which is a real shame because he made a complete hash of our goal. There was of course the Mackie shot off the post, and in the second half Washington completely missed the ball when he looked odds on to at least get a shot on target, but I don't remember other shots on goal. We had a free kick in a perfect position which we mindlessly passed one yard and blasted into the wall (as we did against Hull) and Scowen shot over when he should have done better with a half volley but for all our attacking players on the pitch we created little really.

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree a bit but over time Chump always costs us.

14. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

For those watching on QPR+, how was the stream quality?

On LFW quite a few people were complaining about having a blank blue screen?

What were your experiences?

15. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

The stream was excellent (the clock was even right for the first time). I am certainly getting my money's worth.

QPRski likes this.
  16. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

It is good to hear.

17. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

18. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Monday morning rant.
    Watched the highlights many times over the w/e and just got more frustrated with each viewing.
    Smith is the first player to score at their ground!
    Instead of consolidating the lead and adding to it we give away a very stupid goal. There were two opportunities to prevent it - Caulker could have kicked out to side and Ned had that choice too. Instead poor Smithies is left to defend the indefensible. The only consolation is that it's the only way that waste of space Hoilett will score - via calamitous defending.
    Not sure much could have been done about the second goal but, yet again, we hit the post courtesy of JM and Yeni really should have done better.
    I know they probably had the better chances to score but a draw would have been achievable and not an entirely unfair result.
    We've all wondered why they kept buying midfielders and now we have a good midfield when all fit.
    Do we have to endure another two or three seasons before the defense is sorted and then another two or three for the strikers?!
    Rant over but Ned and Caulker are absolutely in the 'must try harder' category at present.

19. Bwood_Ranger

I'd never fault the effort of most of our players including Ned. Makes mistakes and perhaps is mentally weak on the pitch, causing mistakes, but I always feel he gives it his best.

20. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Apologies. The 'must try harder' was in reference to decision making, not effort.