1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

capello gone

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by ninelivesspur, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Kunniaa Kunniaa

Kunniaa Kunniaa New Member

Do keep up - you're beginning to seriously embarrass yourself now.

Step 1 - scroll up and read previously posted comments
    Step 2 - identify comments that are answers to the included quoted question
    Step 3 - respond accordingly

2. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Of course it's wumming, none of what you said is certain to happen at all yet you post like it's just been announced on SSN.

Realistically 'Arry's only got 3 years left in the game, the FA may well want someone who can remain in the post longer term. 'Arry knows England's support for you is fickle and with even more media atttention on him, his life could be made Hell if he doesn't get the performances straight away. 'Arry's said he was touched by the support and loyalty the Spurs fans and the club have shown over recent weeks and whilst that might dim over time, right now it couldn't be higher and having seen the FA do the opposite with Terry, he may rather sticking with the club that have unwavering support for him. With regards to his comments about England, he doesn't talk negatively very often in the press and he has been bombarded with questions about England for 2 years so of course you're going to have some positive quotes from him about it.

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

See the Spurs fans are getting worried....

4. Kunniaa Kunniaa

See that the classless scum have popped by to further prove their sad obsession with us.

The current topics on the chav board:
    Redknapp for England - Mourinho for Spurs
    Mourhino for Fulham's junior club
    Welcome Drogs the moderate moderator

Did anyone else see that TV programme last evening where the gorilla was taught to communicate? Apparently the gorilla is a follower of Fulham's junior club - personally I doubt it, he was far too eloquent.

5. No Kane No Gain

Well of course we are. We don't want to lose our manager and right now it's a possibility.

Are you lot worried about finishing outside of the top 4? Because you should be.

6. No Kane No Gain

You've made that clear and we don't care. Wait until you figure out something new to say before coming back, yeah <ok>

7. Kunniaa Kunniaa

Can anyone seriously believe this, it is from Michael Owen <doh>

He's a sharp boy that Owen.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Ensil - do you think that Harry Redkanpp will become the England manager ?

9. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

The principle is that the board made decisions about the team without consulting him first, and I make him right. I personally wouldn't have had Terry as Captain in the first place, but that is not the point.

10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

yes like he did with Modders...nothing is above Spurs for Levy and rightly so <ok>

11. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

I think Harry will stay and finish what he started then go at the end of the season. Hopefully we can replace him with somebody on the same level or better and if they dont work out down the line then hopefully Harry will come back.

12. No Kane No Gain

Non-footballing matters have an influence on football so it's fair enough that the English FA have the final say on who is allowed to represent our country and the FA at the Euros. Capello is there to make footballing decisions and nothing else, this was not a football decision.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think it was difficult for the FA not to do anything about Terry. In any other job, serious allegations of a racial nature would likely lead to that employee being suspended pending an investigation. So Terry should have expected some action. In an ideal scenario he would have stepped down as captain, but he didn't so the FA had to act. It's clear that they didn't consult Capello first, hence his indignation and subsequent resignation.

As for Spurs, it leaves them in a tricky position. Harry Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to become England manager - and despite the accusations of wumming, I think it's clear that that the FA are going to offer him the job and barring either a complete u-turn on his behalf or Levy totally digging his heels in (and risking the wrath of the nation) Redknapp will become the England boss.

Question is, how will Redknapp handle the Terry situation? I don't think it's tenable that he can ever be captain again.

14. No Kane No Gain

1056:
    BREAKING NEWS

Harry Redknapp on England: "I was shocked and I was surprised [about Capello's resigntaion]. We knew he would leave in the summer but didn't expect it to happen now.

"Tottenham is my team and the fans have been fantastic. It wouldn't be right to focus on anything else other than Spurs. That's my focus."
    -------------

That'll do for now.

15. Kunniaa Kunniaa

This <applause>

16. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Agreed, but the captaincy is a footballing decision and he was entitled to at least be involved in the decision, even if they said, in the end, that he's got to go. Telling him after the event was wrong.

17. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

IF he goes, the Lampard decision could be interesting too. Would be awkward to drop a nephew?

18. No Kane No Gain

A recall for Jamie too, perhaps? :D

You're right about Capello, he should've been involved.

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

i get a gut feeling that Harry is aware of the circus that surrounds the England job..he wouldnt want that stress at his age and his health...spurs suits him to a tee..he is the boss here and there are no primadonnas that get a game..ive found for England players get picked regardless of form and it is mainly to do with merchandise,sponsors etc....Harry is too old school to accommodate such crap

20. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

There's been no contact between the FA and Redknapp yet apparently.

Redknapp coming out and saying 'I haven't thought about it' is somewhat irrelevant, seeing as how the FA wheels of war haven't started rolling.

I'm of the opinion he'll go very soon - the FA want their man, they'll get him and **** Spurs will basically be their attitude. We'll dig our heels in and get some good money for it but the FA won't take no for an answer I don't think. Also - the destabilising effect of the current talks will only get worse as the FA continue their man-hunt, further adding distraction to the Spurs dressing room.

That aside - I have to say that I think it's absolutely disgraceful how current England players (Rio and Rooney in particular), along with several current managers are basically tapping up Redknapp by declaring him the only suitable fit for the job.

If I were Levy I'd be doing something about that as well.