1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't take long <party><party>

2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Lee McGregor v Stefan Sashov.

Ron likes this.
  3. Cyclonic

It'll mean next to nothing to most, but if I don't say it, I'll explode. Teddy Atlas is a dick.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  4. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

A stroll in the park that for McGregor. Not even sure the weight between the 2 fighters was right. McGregor looked way to big for him. He was almost crouching at times in the fight.

5. Cyclonic

The man is still carrying some serious weight around the middle, but it's great to see him back enjoying training. Is there another elite heavyweight out there with his hand speed? I hope he can keep his head together and make it back.

6. Cyclonic

With Dillian Whyte being elevated to No1 for the WBC belt, I suppose he could maybe get a shot at Wilder's belt next year. Eddie probably won't have to cough up the big bucks he's offered in the past either. One problem though is Luis Ortiz. The WBC has not stripped the two time cheat of a ranking. They've ranked him 3. There's a chance that the WBC might order an elimination bout between Whyte and Ortiz. Who knows? The politics in boxing is pretty murky stuff. It's hard to see past the top layer of crap.

7. Ardent1965

Ardent1965 Well-Known Member

Lee Mcgregor fights in Leicester on 2nd Dec ... He will fight for the British title early next year. That will hapoen. Josh Wale camp taken exception to Barry Mc comments. Josh defends against Bobby Jenko date TBC next week. Hes not sure to win but if he does Lee will fight him early in the new year in Edinburgh.

8. Ardent1965

The crouching is his style he generates more power....he sits right down on his punches.

9. Cyclonic

I've never see either Jerwin Ancagas or Jamie Conlan fight, but bookies are all over Ancagas. He's 1-5 while Conlan is 24-5. Anyone give Conlan a real chance?

10. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I’ll be honest I know very little about Ancajas Cyc but he must be pretty decent to be priced up at those prices, Conlan’s no bum

Cyclonic likes this.

11. smokethedeadbadger

Turns out he is pretty decent, absolutely mullered Conlan

12. Cyclonic

Tete. I like his concern.

13. Ardent1965

Im looking forward to seeing Chantelle Caneron in Leicester in a couple if weeks. I think shes special.

Frampton looked ordinary last night I would not be encouraged by that performance against a man who just walked straight on to him he should have done much better.

14. smokethedeadbadger

I think with Frampton, much like lee Selby, performs better when he has a better opponent in front of him so last night was probably just to shake off any ring rust and a tune up for better things

Ardent1965 likes this.
  15. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

You won't see Frampton anywhere near a dangerous fighter now that Frank Warren has got his hands on him.

Expect a lot of heavily hyped mediocre fights before getting a big one.

16. Cyclonic

Personally, I think Frampton is a shot duck.

Ardent1965 likes this.
  17. Cyclonic

On 23 September 2006, at the Rittal Arena in Weztlar Germany, the IBF Middleweight Champion Arthur Abraham fought Edison Miranda in one of the most brutal fights in modern history. As seen at the end of the second round, these two didn't like each other. After a warning in the first for a low blow, Miranda stepped up the foul play as the fight wore on. In the fourth Miranda broke Abraham's jaw in two places. In the fifth and bleeding like a stuck pig, Abraham was head butted behind the ear by Miranda, causing the bout to be suspended for five minutes. During this pause, the doctor wanted the fight stopped due to the champion's smashed jaw, but the ref said the broken jaw was from a punch in the previous round, so if it was stopped, Abraham would lose his title. The champ was left with no option but to fight on if he wanted to keep his title. Miranda would stoop to even more fouls. It's estimated that during the course of the bout, Abraham bled a pint or more of blood. The ref's shirt was well drenched. Watching the mouth rinsing between rounds was horrible. The man had balls.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

****ing hell, what a farce.

19. Cyclonic

Wow, things might be heating up even more when it comes to the Matchroom Boxing signings. Eddie Hearn has stated that he's interested in signing Tyson Fury.

Hearn: "I think he needs some help in terms of a team, it's a process that is complicated. He needs the right advice, he wants to box on the biggest shows, be a box office fighter and fight AJ, I can deliver all those things. He needs the right advice, he wants to box on the biggest shows, be a box office fighter and fight AJ, I can deliver all those things. We can give him the biggest heavyweight fights and ultimately work towards the biggest fight in British boxing history."

In reply, Tyson Fury has tweeted. “Massive news coming over the next few days, stay posted!!!.”

Boxing forums are abuzz with the news. Truth or just more media crap?

20. Cyclonic

Sergey Kovalev - Vyacheslav Shabranshyy. WBO & IBA Light Heavyweight Titles. Fought a couple of hours ago at Madison Square Garden.