1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

I don't know how much faith can be placed in the following, but the hot mumble around the place is that Joseph Parker is set to fight Lucas Browne. Duco have gone on record saying that they'll break the news on his next fight tomorrow. If this is true, it will be the biggest fight news seen in this part of the planet in ages. It will be huge. Anything between Australia and New Zealand easily heats the blood of both nations. ANZACS we may be, but when it comes to sport, it's us v them. Man I hope the rumour turns out to be true.

2. Cyclonic

Well the big Parker news turned out to be all smoke and mirrors. The following clip give an interesting insight into what might be going on.

3. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I think they should cash in while the going is good on a Joshua v Wilder fight. Both guys reputations are currently very high, so why not?

Wilder KOd his last opponent in a round, so he's earnt first shot at Joshua, he didn't nick a points win like Parker did, and it makes the most sense financially as he's the bigger draw, when compared with Parker.

If Joshua's camp go with Parker, then you'd have to sense that first round KO has got either Eddie Hearn or Joshua concerned.

Tyson Fury can await the winner, and if it's Joshua, what a fight that can be billed up as. They can make some serious money there.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Eddie will avoid Wilder for as long as possible. Still can't see Tyson Fury coming back. If he does it will be purely for the money and anything could happen. We've seen what happens when they lose a bit of speed and timing

5. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I don't think Fury will come back either Ron. And i'm not sure i want him to at this point. What is there to gain? If he comes back and gets beaten then excuses will be made about how long he was away and that won't be fair to his opponent or Tyson's own legacy. And if he comes back and beats Joshua/Wilder et al then what does that say about/do for the heavyweight division that he can be out so long and come back and mop up. Its a lose/lose situation for the sport if you ask me.

Ron likes this.
  6. Ardent1965

Ardent1965 Well-Known Member

Just popping in to mention my mate Lee McGregor signed by Barry McGuigan makes his pro debut on the Josh Taylor v Vazquez undercard this Sat. Big things expected...

7. Ardent1965

Should have said im ringside Sat so will try to post some footage.

8. Ardent1965

Screenshot_2017-11-08-22-31-27.png

Ron likes this.
  9. King Shergar

Well I think it's going to be hard to save face if they avoid it, Wilder is calling out Joshua left, right and centre, and it's the fight most fans want to see next.

To be fair to Joshua I don't think he would be scared of taking the fight, but I do think your right, Parker and then Tyson Fury afterwards would be what Eddie Hearn would prefer, as I think those are easier fights. Parker because he's not as good as Wilder, and Fury, because he's unlikely to come back in top shape.

Though judging by how long it took Joshua to beat Takam, I could definitely see Parker atleast going the distance. He doesn't have the KO power of Wilder, but he's tough enough to trade with Joshua for 12 rounds, but he'd probably lose out on the score cards.

10. Cyclonic

I saw a comment on one of the boxing forums that set me thinking about the Joshua-Wilder-Parker conundrum. While everyone is clamoring for the Joshua-Wilder bout, both camps might actually be set on a Parker fight. Hearn and DiBella might just get into a head to head dash to grab Parker's belt before the other swipes it. Hearn is trying to low ball Parker, but the latter's camp actually have an ace up their sleeve. They could tell Hearn that the 20% isn't enough, and if the offer isn't boosted, they can walk into Wilder's back yard. Would Fast Eddie really want Wilder grabbing that WBO belt?

11. smokethedeadbadger

I can see one of the many boxing associations getting involved before a unification fight can happen. The IBF especially are notorious for forcing mandatory fights. I suspect we might see a few more ‘bums’ getting a title fight before one of the much talked about unification bouts.

Cyclonic likes this.
  12. smokethedeadbadger

Enjoy pal

13. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

I agree about Parker. He's going to be a very tough but to crack for anyone.

Shame he lacks power as he has good skills and very fast hands.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn't see the interview but apparently Joshua said that he's never had an offer from Wilder and if Wilder wants a fight all he has to do is put an offer on the table and he'll sign it. If one does come, Eddie will probably say the offer isn't good enough

15. Cyclonic

Eddy Hearn is some kind of character. His piss take at Wilder's expense is a laugh. <laugh>

16. Cyclonic

Bookies are certainly quick off the mark. They're already into a Joshua v Wilder fight. Best odds below.

Joshua 2-5.
    Wilder 11-4.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At those odds I think I would bet on Wilder. 5/2 on seems a silly price to me

Cyclonic likes this.
  18. King Shergar

At those odds I'd bet on both of them. Some very generous, or stupid bookies about these days <laugh>

19. Ardent1965

Atmosphere building up nicely for Lee Mcgregot.

20. Ardent1965

10 mins Spike TV on freeview