1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

The WBC title fight between Wilder and Stiverne looks as though it might be a little different from the last time they met. Stiverne has had just the one fight since he had his belt ripped from him by Wilder, and in that bout, against Derric Rossi, he come in a stone heavier. He'll weigh the same tomorrow. Wilder has had five fights since then, but will weigh a pound heavier than when he last beat Stiverne. In his first three defences, Wilder packed on more that half a stone, but in the last three (including tomorrow) he's gradually stripped that back off. It looks as though Wilder had been serious in his preps, while Stiverne looks as though he's been training on pies. The one thing Stiverne has in his favour though is his chin. Last time they met, Wilder won on points, he might stop him this time.

Wilder. 220 pounds.
    Stiverne. 254 pounds.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  2. Cyclonic

A guy who could be anything also fights today. Russian Dmitry Bivol has had a fantastic amateur record, his stats stand at 268 wins with just 15 losses. He's had 11 pro bouts winning them all, 9 by ko. The light heavy fights Aussie Trent Broadhurst for the WBA championship. He's long odd on and should easily win. He has serious power and likes to use it. He hurts people.

Dmetry Bivol. A name to remember.

3. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I’ll keep an eye out for this one cheers cyc. One of my favourites Artur Berterbiev is supposed to be out again in December at light heavy can’t wait to see him return

Cyclonic likes this.
  4. Cyclonic

The blow back on the so called "final eliminator" bout between Breazeale and Molina when coupled with the fact that Stiverne has earned another crack at Wilder, has reached fever pitch. Fans have bombarded the WBC asking how 6 and 11 ranked fighters can earn a final eliminator status? Until a couple of days ago, the WBC site had the Breazeale v Molina bout as a final eliminator, the site has not dropped the "final" part of the document. As Dillian Whyte is expected to be promoted to the No1 ranked fighter in the next few days, folks are asking. "What the hell's going on?" And the WBC seem to be now sucking wind.

5. Cyclonic

Holy ****!!! Wilder the beast.

6. smokethedeadbadger

**** me, someone wanted to prove a point to the world. That’s some serious power!

Cyclonic likes this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Any videos available?

AJ ****ting himself?

8. Cyclonic

9. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

F**k me; that was brutal!

Cyclonic likes this.
  10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

11. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get carried away with Wilder. Stiverne looked like he had just stepped out of an all you can eat buffet. He looked like a slob and his record is laughable.

Wilder has still not beaten one single decent in his near 40 fight career.

Cyclonic likes this.
  12. smokethedeadbadger

I don’t think it’s about who he beat, no one is claiming Stiverne is a world beater. It was more about the way Wilder went about his business in the fight and the ferocity he showed. Stiverne took the bulk of the shots on his gloves/arms trying to protect his head and was still knocked out cold.

Cyclonic likes this.
  13. Dancingbraveforever

Easy to show a higher level of ferocity against a guy who was nothing more than an overweight punchbag (as he was in their first fight).

14. smokethedeadbadger

Joshua hasn’t and I’d argue, with the exception of Klitschko, that Joshua’s opponents have been on a par or lesser level than Stiverne

15. smokethedeadbadger

I don’t think either Joshua or Wilder are great there’s massive flaws in both. But at the moment I’d fancy Wilder because i think he’s more the complete package and Joshua’s stamina issues will be his undoing if not his leaky defence. It’s all very interesting in a division that’s burst back to life even if it’s lacking any real depth

Cyclonic likes this.
  16. Dancingbraveforever

Totally agree. It's a very weak division.

Cyclonic and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  17. redcat1

redcat1 Well-Known Member

Enough about the heavyweights, lets take about Dmitry Bivol. As cyc mentioned earlier ‘a name to remember’

Well after Saturday night I won’t forget him in a hurry. Can easily see him in p4p top 10 lists fairy soon. Hopefully Eddie Hearn can get him on his cards again so I don’t miss out.

Cyclonic and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  18. Cyclonic

Beterbiev goes around in the USA this weekend Smoke. He fights fellow German Enrico Koelling for the vacant IBF World Light Heavyweight Title in California. According to the IBF site, there was no No1, so No2 Beterbiev fights No3 Koelling.

Bookies don't think much of it though. According to them, your man will hand out a flogging. Beterviev 1-40, Koelling 16-1.

On the US East Coast, Big Baby Miller fights Mariusz Wach in New York. Miller 1-14, Wach 7-1.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  19. Cyclonic

Bugger it. I'm gunna go right out on a limb and say that Jarrell Miller is either the third or fourth best heavyweight out there at the moment. That could be a stupid statement, but I prefer to think of it as brave. <laugh>

20. smokethedeadbadger

I've not been overly impressed with him so far Cyc. I could end up looking stupid saying this but looks like an American hype job to me.

Dancingbraveforever and Cyclonic like this.