1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Billy Sharp

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by smidgen, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

2. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

It's more a question of if we want him than how much he would cost.

We play 4-2-3-1 so the question is whether he could play on his own up front or not. He would come if the clubs can agree a deal but Barmby is still not sure whether he fit in as he's got other things on his mind right now.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Thats what you have to pay for top championship strikers. It is very fair price

Over the years we have paid before we was throwing money around like no tommorow 2.1M for DJ Campbell, 1.5M for Steve Howard, 2M for Martyn Waghorn.

You paid us 1.5M for Matty Fryatt.

We offered 7M for Nicky Maynard

1.85M for Billy Sharp is a very good price and if you have the money then you should try

4. Proud Fox

5. Barmbys_Tan

He hasn't exactly proven himself at what i would call 'good' clubs, nor has he proven himself in the premier league which is at the end of the day we're aiming to be.

He's had his best time of his career at Doncaster but thats because he's a lone striker in a bad team which make him look even better, Fryatt (imo) is better then Sharp.

6. StrovolosTiger

The point is, he has publicly said he appreciates all the support Donny has given him in his troubled times. If we, as his preferred club, offer £1.85m and you lot offer £3m, would he really turn round and tell Ryan he wanted to come to us and therefore cost Donny over a million in lost fees????

I doubt he would be able to do that after all that he has said.

7. Hutch_Tiger

Hutch_Tiger Well-Known Member

id have him at 1.85m but not at 3m. especially when you look at what we paid for mcclean. more or less guranteed goals at this level with sharp so 1.85m isnt that bad.

8. StrovolosTiger

That's a bit harsh. Look at his goalscoring record. In a relegation haunted team in the Championship he has managed a 1 in 2 scoring record. That is excellent by anyones standards.

9. Proud Fox

If we have bid 3M and he is available for 1.85M unless the deal is already done and he is just waiting for the window to open the complete the deal which i doubt

Then we will simply change the offer from 3M to 1.85M

10. StrovolosTiger

Was there really the need for yet another thread on this?

Ed: Thanks Mod.

11. StrovolosTiger

You haven't bid £3m for him. His agent negotiated the buy out clause. Why would he not inform you of that clause if you showed interest? And therefore why would you offer £3m if you knew there was a £1.85m clause. Don't make sense.

12. Proud Fox

The less money teams pay the club for the player the more the club will be prepared to pay the agent and the player

13. Barmbys_Tan

True it is very impressive at Scunthorpe and Doncaster.

14. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

To get good players at this level these days you have to pay money for them! 1.85 million for sharp would be an absolute bargain in todays market place. He is a proven goalscorer at this level and thats with a very poor team! I honestly cant understand why people think he isnt worth it. We dont need to strengthen the team in many areas so why not blow most of our budget on one player for a position we desperately need filling!

Its a similar thing with the possible michael turner deal that has been rumoured. People are arguing that we shouldnt go for him because we already have hobbs and chester and wouldnt want to upset the partnership that we have now. But lets face it, turner is a better defender than both hobbs and chester. There is no point in signing someone as cover, if you are going to sign someone you need to make sure they are going to improve the team, which turner definitely would do! Now, i dont think the turner deal will happen but i still cant believe people are saying we they would be unhappy with his signing!

15. GCTiger

GCTiger Well-Known Member

True he would be a good addition....however his injury record has increased quite a bit since he left us....I can't remember him missing many games for us....how many has he missed through injury for S'land? How many games have Chester and Hobbs missed this season?

16. Totally HCAFC

Totally HCAFC Active Member

£1.85mil for Billy Sharp, get it done City

17. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

ill tell Adam Pearson what you advise. I am sure he will take heed. He seems to be having so many problems running a 'Professional' football club. I suppose it's so easy to do it wrong. I mean, it is so easy to chuck millions and millions at a false Murdoch dream isnt it!

18. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Too true.

19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Chester and Hobbs are both better than Turner,and younger. Turner is also becoming a sick note suspect. What he does have on his side is he is a goal threat,while our duo do not look like scoring. They are both better defenders though.

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Just to be pedantic, we actually paid £1.2m for Matty.

I'd agree that Sharp is worth £1.85m, I just doubt anyone will get him for that.