1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best Bitter

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by ErnieBecclestone, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Well Bahji, I bought her on eBay following a quick inspection, 62k miles, full MOT & six months tax, for £630, she runs and looks fabulous.

Fitted some red sport seats, she drives spot on, did a lot of research before I parted with the money and decided there is a lot of bollocks talked about these beautiful little cars, apart from the head gasket issue, which can be fully resolved for around £300.

I think these little MGFs are fast disappearing and are beginning to become more an asset than a liability, at least I hope so. 'Er indoors' loves it and it makes her happy so it's worth it just for that.

Cornering is in the traditional style, of course, being rear wheel drive, tail out, loads of oversteer.

2. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Does the £300 include skimming the warped cylinder heads?

They are very cutesy cars and perfect for the mrs, but don't be seen driving it on your own otherwise everyone will assume you have a close friendship with Graham Norton going on..........

3. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Yes, and the colour of the car matches my handbag.

4. Darth Vader's personal tailor

Timothy Taylor's Landlord. Glorious.

5. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I agree, DV; this can be a very good pint. However, some time around Christmas I was served the most disgusting bile from a tap bearing TT's name! It smelled like vinegar even before I'd tasted it. Completely undrinkable. The manager of the establishment was also very unhelpful, to put it mildly, although I did not realise he was the boss until I asked him to fetch him…

After a futile chat with this obnoxious bar-tender, I did a little research only to discover that he'd given me a false name and was actually the landlord! This research also unearthed the fact that he is no longer the landlord; in fact he is not involved with pubs at all any more! It seems he had not the slightest clue about beer. Little wonder when one discovers that not only was he a thoroughly unpleasant character, consistently rude to his customers, but also tee-total !!

(Gulp)

6. The Iceman

The Iceman Member

Sounds like a blown keg Cosi, can ruin even the finest pints.

7. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

walked into a very Irish bar at the weekend while the rugby final was on. I offered to buy a round and one of my mates requested a shandy and the other a glass of rosé... <doh>

8. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>. Reminds me of a Chris Addison line on twitter the other day: "As I've aged, my priorities in life have gone from the Stone Roses to stone-cold rosé's"

9. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

I hope you got both of 'em a pint anyway, Bando.

10. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Yeah, was going to suggest something like that. Badly kept, rather than badly brewed beer.

11. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Oops&#8230;