1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barcelona, nice place, pity about the football team !

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 12, 2018.

1. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Bad luck lads, true your goalie was plunder, but you had some great chances at 1-0, I thought you were a bit unlucky on the whole.

Blueman likes this.
  2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Cheers Pompey, we gave everything we had, so our fans can’t complain about that.

Too many errors

3. Stan

Stan Stalker

Yeah, tell us again about how fast you can run, what jewellery you wear and which celebrities you know. It’s both fascinating and impressive HIAG-lite. <laugh>

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

I’ve said for years that Calamity Courtois drops too many clangers. Chelsea fans got very upset by that
    and insisted he was a better keeper than De Gea.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Courtois was really poor for 2 goals, no surprise there, and Dave & Christensen were again sloppy for the third. That's disturbing as both have been great all season. Christensen looks overused, out of his depth and a bit stressed, Conte is an arsehole not bringing Luiz into the equation more often, I don't believe he's been injured all this time, and in my humble opinion, his experience in our last 3 BIG matches was really missed. Daves' form in attack has also dipped, but his defence has stood up well. Any defender would have struggled against Messi/ Suarez/ Iniesta, they are all on a level beyond anything we have, so not going to criticise defence.
    Hazard again dissapointed. His dream to be on the same level as Messi is still just a dream, and as very good as he is, he has never shown that he has what it takes to get there. This was a great chance, and he was all but invisible. Messi dazzled. Hazard, with his back heels, poor passing and giving the ball away showed his limitations and maybe knocked 20mill off his transfer price. Willian is just the opposite, and I would be doing everything to keep him, though I fear he is sick of Chelsea, and will be swamped with opportunities at better Clubs.
    All I learned I already knew, we can match any team if we are positive and set up correctly.
    We are badly let down and unbalanced as a squad because we have the wrong strikers, no midfield attacker and no defender who can play the ball out. We are constantly trying to shove square pegs into round holes and being surprised there is no flow to our play.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    The Ginger Marks, Blueman and BobbyD like this.
  6. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

I actually thought that you were going to do it last night because Spurs drew away and lost at home as did Man Utd. City won away and lost at home and Liverpool won away and drew at home, no English team won the second leg at home. Now as Barca drew away and were playing an English team I thought the trend would continue and Barca would lose or draw at home, not to be.

Spurs played well enough but lost but played well enough that if the form like that continues into the PL they should be alright and I think as you hit the woodwork twice and missed easy chances and were dominant for spells that you could still challenge for top 4.
    Spurs returned to winning ways after Euro but you and Utd still have it all to do.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I dont think anyone could have made that claim in the last two seasons and have been serious.
    Because that is ridiculous.
    De Gea is the best keeper on the planet, hands down.
    Courtois at the moment isn't even the best keeper at CFC, I think Willy needs to be given a run of games.

Blueman likes this.
  8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Willian played really well .just wish he would release a bit earlier. He does so much good until the final ball/decision making (maybe I'm being harsh).

As for Alonso not necessarily this game. He did play well and he looked dangerous .his free kicks are great but he's partly at fault for the first, maybe he could have done better but I think it was more the wastefulness when he got into good crossing positions time and and again (also his dive when through on goal when he could have smacked it).

He does have legs though constantly up and down

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

At one stage they were fairly equal but the last few years De Gea upped his game massively, but Courtois went backwards. No comparison now.

Diego likes this.
  10. Stan

Stan Stalker

Best keeper this season apparently. Bakayoko also gets a mention as a top class midfielder.

https://www.not606.com/threads/premier-league-team-of-the-season-so-far.353234/

11. Blueman

I do rate Alonso tbf. If only he had an extra yard of pace.

12. Stan

Stan Stalker

Brilliant player Willian. Your most effective and important player, always puts a shift in, never lets the team or fans down.

13. Blueman

Agreed. Apparently Jose is keen to have him at United. Our lot will probably sell him to you.

14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He is an odd man who stalks me. I’ve obviously got into his head for some reason.

17. Blueman

<laugh>

18. Stan

Stan Stalker

Still laughing <laugh>

19. Stan

Stan Stalker

I didn’t. I assumed, did a quick search and hey presto.

Deirdre is nothing if not predictable. She’s been posting the same ****e for years.

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I cant even remember what CFC said yesterday let alone 6 months ago!

Blueman likes this.