1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barcelona, nice place, pity about the football team !

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Well we survived 3 mins then Barca get a slice of luck, a dash of brilliance from Messi and a blunder from Courtois
    As I type, Messi rips us again and Dembele scores a great shot and Courtois can't stop another one.

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Crazy as it seems we are causing Barca plenty of problems and Barca are starting to flap, moan and fall all over the place holding their faces. They really don't like it up em . Kante is invisible first half, not like him.

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

if we get the next goal then we are still in with a shout. Courtois needs shooting for the first goal. Don't agree about Kante though, I think he's done quite well tbh.

4. Blueman

We looked good going forward and didn't let ourselves down. We definitely need a new keeper though. Courtois has been crap for 2 years now, and he obviously has his heart in Madrid. He was dreadful on 2 goals tonight.

BobbyD likes this.
  5. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Bit rough on us tonight,thought we were the better team for much of the game.But Courtois and Fabregas let us down imo.
    Small margins as usual,we hit the wood 4 times over the two legs.....

6. Blueman

We definitely deserved better but, as you say, small margins.

7. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Read the result and press 3 -0 but we gave them all the problems without scoring a goal . A decent try compared to United last night

Blueman likes this.
  8. Chelsea Pensioner

Agreed, we should get shot of Courtois and take the money, Willy has been better every time he has played, and how about Courtois' pass to Saurez?? Kindergarten stuff.
    We were beaten by a team that had no weaknesses in any position, fabulous players in key positions, is clinical in front of goals, yet one we regularly frighten the life out of, even with our so so squad. Better Goalkeeping and more clinical finishing by us would have had Barcelona on the ropes. As it was, I thought this was a really good effort by us and how we can and should play every game in the PL, positive, not negative.
    A couple of recurring things tonight. Fabregas is not up to these standard of games anymore, he's just lost his legs.Moses is not good enough on a regular basis either, he undoes good work with simply awful passing. Christensen is still a full season from being experienced enough for teams like City or Barcelona, but will get there. Neither Giroud nor Morata is even close to CL standard , though Giroud would strengthen us in the PL.
    Our defence passed every test except the Messi test, no disgrace there. Kante did improve 2nd half but needs help, Willian is proving to be the equal if not better than Hazard, though Hazard suffers from not having a more intuitive striker to play off.
    So again red lights, Striker, midfield attacker, ball playing defender.
    Green lights, really good team effort who proved they MUST attack to show their best form.

Blueman and StanDMan like this.
  9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes I would be much more gutted if we’d parked the bus v Sevilla and got eliminated.

Barca won fair and square. Score line flattered them a little. We played ok. Hit post in both games.

No complaints

10. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Courtois Must surely be the time and place for him to show Real.[/QUOTE]

Looked like he’d won be goalie for the day competition

Blueman and BobbyD like this.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

hazard disappearing act. didn't get the ball that much but when he did was pretty much useless.

I like willian, skillful and works hard but by god is he wasteful and ball hoggy. A few times he could have passed it off but instead took too long (hazard suffers the same).

Moses isn't good enough at the top level and neither is alonso. Said before they are great to steam roller teams but against the bigboys and big teams they lack.

Less said about Fab the better. He's only good for 30 min cameos to break down defences.

Christensen was at fault for the 3rd imo. Suarez took a massively heavy touch and christensen was so scared he just backed off. He had a great run and defensively he's good but he's hit a very bad period at the moment.

Kante was imperious and was very impressed. He just needs to work on his passing.

Lastly Courtois has been pants all year and has been abysmal for a while. We should rinse Real whilst we can

StanDMan likes this.
  12. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

20m for Courtois I'll drive him to Madrid or Paris myself, he's been w@nk for ages.

Never a 3-0 game though, we could've had a draw at least on another day. Thought Alonso, Kante and Willian were really good.

We'd have got through against a lot other sides in the competition with performances like that over two legs, we were just a bit unlucky.

Blueman and StanDMan like this.
  13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I think 2-2 would have been a fair result, Willian did so many good things then made terrible decisions at the end of them.
    Good two games to watch and a bit of hard luck on your part.

Bullet tooth Tony, Blueman and BobbyD like this.
  14. Stan

Stan Stalker

First thought = United

<laugh>

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Who else is there for people to think about?

16. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cescy continued his rich form from the first leg.
    He added more assists in the second leg and made his team win again.
    Finally he got some end product that he contributed to his team, in other games he was just dragging us down.. FFS!!

Starting Cescy twice in 3 days is blasphemous, sacrilege etc etc. Worse than benching Messi or Kante!! So Tony is efficiently using his sack card. Pardew has nothing on Tony!!

Kenedy is having an impressive season yet we will struggle with Alonso forever in our Defense!!

Pound for pound Thibo is the most disinterested keeper out there. I have been on his case forever.
    Alonso & Fab don't have engine or legs to play against bigger teams, what excuse Thibo has <doh>?
    Worst professional.

Conte out!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  17. Chelsea Pensioner

I thought Alonso was really good, slow start but he was all over them second half and links well with Hazard and Willian. Both those 2 are in desperate need of a striker who joins in and compliments them. It isn't Morata and Giroud ran away from Willian more than once and young Will was not best pleased. The rest I am totally with you.

18. The Ginger Marks

**** Off Stan you whinging twat.<ok>

19. The Ginger Marks

Undone by poor defending in both games, no complaints really just need to get back to not being porous.

Bodinki likes this.
  20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Knew my stalker would chomp. Like clockwork!!