1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Assem's full interview

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Nov 29, 2019.

1. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

Hull City Tigers...still after all this time he doesn’t get it!

2. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

This paragraph (in the context of its links to the one about expanding in Asia) is odious. Utterly odious. "We need you to get us in the Premier League, but when we get there you can all **** off because it's all about Asian fans and I'll **** all over your heritage and history to attract them in the hope that a handful of them will buy our official shirts and not the many, cheaper counterfeit ones they'll have easy access to." I was going to go back to the KCOM for the first time since the 6-0 Fulham win on Boxing Day. I'm not so sure now.

3. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

^^This - he's a ****in' PR nightmare, everytime he opens his mouth he winds a few more up; the boy must be tearing what little hair he has left out!

4. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

I bet the lad is seriously thinking about locking him in a room and just letting him out for special family occasions.
    What a ****!!

Asterix and Howdentiger2 like this.
  5. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

It's a shame he's using his car parking space again, the grass was looking so lush.

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

That's going to be a bit creepy of you're all behind me! There's not that many rows behind me for a kick off so you will have to cuddle up

Sir Cheshire Ben and Des Head like this.
  7. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Start a conga.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. dennisboothstash

I do feel somewhat justified.

He has said that if fans chant Allam out then he won't come to the ground

If you choose not to then you obviously would prefer him to be there. Personally I prefer his car parking space to be empty until a different owner uses it

9. Dave Andersen

Dave Andersen Active Member

I'll be telling my 2 lads we won't be going to the Stoke game now, l will show them the article and try to explain to 2 young teenage boys how much malice he still has. Lost opportunity again.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  10. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Well i'll never get that 10 minutes back, what a waste of time!

11. GerryHatrick

GerryHatrick Well-Known Member

In amongst all that bollocks, he mentions 'we are talking to the council to see what we can do' in relation to the tenancy of the KCOM.

Are there any Hull City (Tigers) Council wallahs that have heard anything about this, or is it a load of cobblers as per?

Or maybe there is something in it, but have HCC been put off by the 'if you look at the stadium ... you don't see our name, you don't see my initials'.

No **** Sherlock. Imagine 'The AA Stadium' - picture the wino's and alky's trying to get around up and over the security barrier, or attempting to get up and down the steps whilst stewed. Comedy Gold for CCTV.

Or instead of Half Term Offers, maybe they could have a 'Bring a Bottle and Bring a Friend', that would Spice things up a bit.

He's sorely misunderstood.

12. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

There's still plenty of others who still don't get it, then and now there are those who think Hull City Tigers is a reasonable compromise. Thing is he thinks we are already Hull City Tigers and wants to shorten that to Hull Tigers.

13. GerryHatrick

GerryHatrick Well-Known Member

Give him some slack. Woolwich Arsenal and Newton Heath did it. AA has spotted the commercial gains a few munition and railway workers created all them years ago. Guns and sleepers half and half scarves shot off the shelves that's why they have been so successful. Oh, wait ...

14. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

KINGston CommUNicaTionS STADIUM

I thought their names were all over the stadium

15. dennisboothstash

What an absolute ****.

I see that shortening the name to City Tigers was also an option for him too

Oh and neither of them receiving £1 seems to be factually incorrect

16. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Richard, the old fella is entitled to his view however misguided it is. He repeats time and time again that he is not a football man and some of his views and opinions scream this out. He obviously believes what he is saying but he didn't get his own way did he ? I couldn't care less how big we could have been in Asia and as a football supporter I know that we should have been concentrating on building up our fan base around here, and hanging onto it. But what do I know ? I don't own the club so no-one is going to want to interview me.
    Lets concentrate on what is happening today instead of holding onto old grudges and re fighting old battles. The team are doing well and McCann has installed some real team spirit into the squad and the whole atmosphere around the club and in the ground has improved 100%.
    So I couldn't care less what the old fella thinks, it's what is happening on the field that matters to me.
    The club looks healthy at the moment especially with the concessions kicking in next week. Besides some wanting to ridicule the old fella I don't see what is to be gained by even discussing his out dated and ridiculous views on a subject he obviously knows nothing about.

johnbo, Chazz Rheinhold and RichardG like this.
  17. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Just read the interview. That is absolutely shocking, he really believes we are idiots. There is absolutely no trace of any reconciliation there. Not sure who I'm most pissed off with, him for this interview or Ehab for the absolute bollox he has been peddling and had the majority convinced. Actually they're both just ****s. At the next meeting, representatives should put Ehab on the spot re his dad's comments They have consistently tried to divide us, give them a taste of their own medicine. It'd be great to see him squirm.

HHH, FER ARK, Kempton and 1 other person like this.
  18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm about to agree with Urika and in a small way disagree with Rich.

The interview is full of complete bollocks just as you'd expect from Allam. The bit about taking no money is an outright lie. I bring this up every time he says it, but i distinctly remember that the 2015/16 accounts actually showed a rise in their management fees following our relegation, while budgets were being cut everywhere else. I'm not sure how often they've taken management fees but it's a straight up lie that they haven't taken any in 9 years. Then of course there's the millions and millions in interest payments and also tax which the club has enabled his company to avoid.

But ultimately, it doesn't affect me. Why would I get angry about this? Not one bit of it is new. We already knew that Allam is a lying mentalist. I could barely be arsed to even read it; it's just water off a ducks back at this point.

I boycotted for almost 4 seasons. Chiefly because the atmosphere at home games was ****. It started to feel like a significant proportion of the people I was sharing a stadium with didn't like my kind of supporter and wanted to support the Allams instead. That was unpalatable and really sad to me. I remember not giving a **** when West Ham got a late equaliser at the KC in Autumn 2014 because all I really cared about was the fact that some fans had been booing other fans all game for singing pro Hull City songs. The other reason was that I didn't want to assist the Allams in making any more money out of the club, and particularly wanted to show in some way that I didn't agree with what they were doing one bit. Ultimately, I wanted to see attendances drop as low as possible to show them how wrong they were and to an extent to show other fans who weren't on board with my views, what the effect of shunning us was.

Things are very different now. I went to a couple of one-off games last season on freebies and the mood was so different. It felt like everyone now realised what rancid ****s the Allams were, and had settled upon that to the extent that it was no longer a point of contention. The crowd was united again, albeit small. The small crowds had had their desired effect. People seemed to have woken up to the damage the owners were doing to the club. The money was drying up at this point anyway and I started to think, what am I actually boycotting for at this point? In the summer when they changed the badge and reintroduced concessions I decided to get a membership again. I still have absolutely no time for the Allams as people or football club owners, but I think that boycotting at this point harms the club far more than it does them.

I believe there's a virtue in adapting your stance as a situation changes. I don't think for a second that the Allams are suddenly good people or deserve respect because of the changes they've made recently. But I do appreciate that they've made those changes. It's come later than it should've, their motivations are almost certainly not pure, and I can't stress enough that they are still complete ****ers as human beings. But in isolation I welcome and appreciate the changes they have made, and I think those changes should be met with positive feedback, to show that we appreciate the changes, rather than giving them an excuse to say "You'll just moan whatever we do".

I've said it before but I usually sing 'Allam out' songs but didn't at the last two home games since they returned. I don't care if they attend or not, but I do think that refraining from voicing my views towards them when they've just made some major improvements and then made a big fuss about attending again is just logical. I'm not saying that they don't deserve criticism for the awful way that they've behaved in the past, but I am saying that the time to actively fight them on that behaviour was when they were actually doing it. There's just no point having a go now; it can only serve to make things worse again.

19. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

PLT. An Assem never changes its spots. Just pure bullshit.

20. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

As per OLM’s reply, it’s bullshit.

technically speaking yes they probably have never taken a penny from Hull City.

Hull City’s profits go into the group accounts. They are paid from the group. One big giveaway is the massive surge in dividends they took upon our reaching the premier league.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Kempton and charon-the-ferryman like this.