1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anfield expansion thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Wasn't the four year suggestion prior to the protest against increasing ticket prices?

2. moreinjuredthanowen

yes. that has to be wondered about.

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The Echo started it was 6 years with the annual interest charges being £1.3m, which means the annual cost of repayment would be circa £19.6m

4. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

South AND west then.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

in interviews yesterday Tom Werner has admitted that the planning for the Anfield road end runs out this summer.

we will have to submit some new planning application this summer.

he reiterated the line the club has consistently uses which is they don't talk in public and no promises and they are looking at it.

expect an announcement next week ;)

luvgonzo likes this.
  6. LuisDiazgamechanger

7. Superfirmino

Superfirmino Active Member

Peter Moore's said the original application which expires in September is being scrapped. Due to a feasibility study the application which is for an extra 4,000 is insufficient. They plan to do another study and reapply and this will be an application for an increase on that figure. The projected forecast is that the new application will be for 6,000-8,000.

8. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Some were worried this would all fall through, but the owners are just more ambitious.

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

10. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I come from Finch Lane, just down the road from there. Many happy memories of standing on my Chopper (!) and looking over the prefab boards. Time moves on though. Affordable housing in the West Derby area is a good thing. It's a relatively nice area. No houses to Evertonians though... :emoticon-0145-shake

11. Prince Knut

This is what winds me up about FSG, or NESV, as was. They were supposedly given the club at a knockdown price (swindle, tee-hee) by RSB because they had the funds in place to build a new ground. I don't mind that they took their time and redeveloped Anfield instead, and that extensions to the Kop and the Centenary are difficult to say the least. But NINE YEARS, and they still haven't done the Anny Road? Really? I suppose we should be grateful that they're not Hicks and Gillette. But that, at this rate, will be the height of their legacy.

12. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the problem with this councillor Doyle is. While I appreciate local residents don't like change, how is social housing a worse option? He really wants the facility leaving as it is for locals to use <laugh>

13. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Where does the £50m go into the club?

Into the team? or the Club in general, stadia etc

14. Prince Knut

Sorry to bang on about it, but how about another 8k in the Anny Rd end?

15. johnsonsbaby

Article says first team squad and new training complex.

I actually think it's sad that Melwood will be flattened when you think how Shankly built it up and how what we know now started there. I just don't see how you leave the place as it is. Some of the locals think the club should gift it to them as a legacy. I don't know, it's easy to be detached when you don't live there. Maybe some parts will be left in some form as a permanent reminder.

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

The money should be put towards the squad since that helps with FFP. Stadium & training ground improvements don't count as part of FFP.

17. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Not too long ago, my Granddad was looking at new houses, one of the ones he looked at was on the estate that was Everton's old training ground, we went with him to have a look. There was nothing of the old complex, one or two mementos (photos etc) in the office and show homes but nothing of the buildings.

I'll admit I'm fairly unemotional about property (Anfield would be different) and at the end of the day that's what it is, property and land, and football has a business side, And one of the best businesses is land. If the club is moving to a better facility that'll improve standards and in turn the old is sold off to finance the club I'm fine with it.
    As for gifting it, sorry but the value is too big to just give away.

Note: He never moved to the Everton estate, stayed in West Derby for the rest of his life.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  18. johnsonsbaby

It might be different if you live right on top of the place and all that open space will be built on.

I have emotional attachment to some buildings. The one thing I don't like to see is old buildings knocked down and the land either not built on or cheap looking apartments going up. They knocked down old warehouses on the dock road and stuck up budget hotels. I'm all for moving with the times but make it classy and at the very least, fit in with the surroundings. Urban Splash are one of the best for gutting buildings and reusing the inner space while keeping the outer shell intact.

19. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

A lot of that should get ironed out at consultation though. If its something not in keeping with the style of an area its because someone has given approval to that or didn't care.

RogerisontheHunt likes this.
  20. johnsonsbaby

I agree. I think sometimes the council are just happy that someone, anyone has come along and wants to build something on a plot. Some of the buildings that get passed are atrocious.