1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Allam in? Allam out? Allam shaking it all about?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Apr 10, 2014.

?

Do you want the Allam family to remain as custodians of the club?

1. No to Allam and the club continues to be called Hull City AFC

2. Yes to Allam

3. I don't really care and will carry on having my pocket money stolen regardless.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bobby ace

bobby ace Well-Known Member

The principal motivation of the CTWD campaign is to take the club back to the lower leagues. The die-hards - a hairy-arsed crew whose best days are behind them - shout about tradition, but what they want is a return to Hull's tradition of being not very good. They don't like the success Allam has brought City. They regard it as an unwanted gift. There is also a whiff of racism mixed in with the vitriol and ridicule being directed at Assem, but that's from a minority. Bruce and Davies lend support because their benefactor requests it. Perhaps also because they actually know the man and respect him? A man who has spent his life building his business in Hull, etc. etc. you know the story - yet many dismiss it as cliche. Also, Bruce must love how this diverts all attention and subsequent pressure from his team. I'm the person who clicked the third option on the poll.

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Circa, welcome back.

3. Quill

Quill Bastard

What a load of ****ing ****.

Also, racism? **** right off.

Though as this is probably Circa, I won't be surprised at that being posted.

4. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

Bobby's helmet, more like

5. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Great first post, saying people are old with better days behind them, cliche'd and racist ...nice.

Welcome.....I think

6. Be Rugby Tit

Be Rugby Tit New Member

And his ban gives you satisfaction because....?

7. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Given the fact that this forum is the pro name change headquarters and all that, I think the results already on display speak volumes. The vast majority of Hull City fans wish to seethe back of Allam and continue to be known as Hull City.

Still plenty of people who've not cast their vote.

8. Quill

Quill Bastard

Because he never tried to actually make an argument like the other pro-allams such as you. He just purposely took the piss and tried to disrupt all debates. He essentially became a WUM in the end.

9. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

no two ways about it.......

go, allam, go!

10. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

I really do appreciate what Allam's done for the Club, but the whole paddy scenario and failed attempt at blackmail, added to a crap, manipulative ballot has turned me against him.

If he really cared about the City, then he would listen to the fans. He wouldn't have to resort to dirty tactics and persist with ****ty ideas that have never been proven to anybody.

If he's going to carry on the way he is, then I'm afraid I'd rather him go.

11. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

The clubs fanbase is made up of 3 elements.

1. Supporters of Dr Allam
    2. People who support CTWD and want Dr Allam out

These 2 groups are roughly similar in size and are the minority elements.

3. The Silent Majority.

This group doesn't care about 1, or 2.

So enough with the "if he cared about the fans" bullshit because what you're actually demanding is he listens to one of the 2 minority groups. The silent majority doesn't bother me in the slightest. They are what they are, and they'll be here come hell or high water regardless of the accusations thrown at them. I know the anti's find them frustrating because they'll never be swayed to that side nor will they be pushed off their fence, but you know what? I like them.

12. Pendulum Swinging Melons

Do us a favour and join them, then.

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

CTWD do not want Allam out and you know it.

****ing weasel.

14. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Totally missed the point. Ever since the Allams took over, they've always reminded us that they're 'giving back to the City' and they want the best for the 'fans'. Whether the two main groups of fans (the CTWD and the pro Tigers/Allam groups) are the minority or not shouldn't matter. The phrase those who shout the loudest... comes to mind.

This whole feud only came around because of his petty little fall-out with the Council, so that in itself even suggests that the name change didn't consider the fans at all. In fact, it was probably meant to cause mass opposition and concern in an attempt to make the Council submit to his childish tactics.

If he really wanted the best for the Club, he wouldn't have tampered with it's name in the first place, knowing full well it would be a controversial topic that wouldn't be accepted.

15. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

Very few genuine City fans believe this, just saying.

16. Happy Tiger

Lol oh you!

One thing I don't understand actually is, this forum is well known for not being full of sheep like AN is, and to a lesser extent CI, so why do the AN and CI type diehards come here? Is it just because they find the challenge of actually arguing with people capable of independent thoughts a thrill for them? Or do they imagine their witty put downs and antics on here as they attempt to suppress any voices of reason are pure genius and something to brag about down the pub? They don't like any counter views, or anyone questioning them, they ARE always right, so seems kinda perverse coming on here and just trolling all the time.

I realise we're in danger here of the sort of bland homogenisation suffered by the other sites due to the way supporters of the other sites are now mods here, and happy to ban anyone who crosses made up lines, but until that day, this site is at least a laugh.

17. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Yeah, the ones that are so pro-Allam that they feel any sort of opposition to his genius ideas must mean that they want him gone.

18. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

I was initially pro-Allam as he appeared to have the Club's interests at heart.
    I was still 'for' him, but opposed his name-change plans, believing them to be wrong/misguided
    I joined CTWD as they had the same aims as me - pro-Allam, but anti-name change
    As time has passed, Allam's announcements and actions have revealed him to be a Grade 'A' twat
    I no longer support him and believe the Club's future will likely be better if the Allams sell to another buyer.

Where do I fit in those 3 categories, O blinkered one?

19. Happy Tiger

Lets see, you're in CTWD and you want Dr Allam to go.

This is a toughie.

Mind if I get back to you on that?

20. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Well, as I made obvious, I didn't start out wanting the old buffer out, but 'Dr' Allam sure made it work out that way.
    But you don't allow for an opinion on the name change. Surely you're letting your hero down there - he asked for an opinion on the name change and mangled up the 'Yes' option with his hapless vote-of-confidence call.