1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread AFC Bournemouth vs. Arsenal 2015/16 Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Feb 6, 2016.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Bizarre refereeing. ..
    Ramsey has a free kick against him for a Bournemouth player slipping over while Giroud has a free kick against him for deliberately treading on the back of another player's ankle (but no yellow card)...God knows how he worked that out

2. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

We are getting overrun because Flamini is useless, so what good is it to keep him on if he doesnt help the situation? Answer: nothing. So no, it isn't the perfect sub, the perfect sub would be getting Flamini off for Coq, and OX for another fresh attacking option.

Flamini hasnt shield nothing the whole game, and you expect him to shield them now?

3. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

Yes. He's much less likely to get overrun with Coq in there too.

4. Arsenal87

Not really, we're still getting overrun, nothing's really changed. We don't look any more defensively sound than we did before Coq was put alongside Flamini.

5. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

A87 might be quite aggressive in how he articulates his opinion, but in this instance he's very much right in what he's saying, in my view.

6. remembercolinlee

Really boring 2nd half for non arsenal fans but a really professional performance from your team...no stupid risks etc

7. Arsenal87

We will probably win today, but on this showing, we are not a title winning side, we are not going to limp our way to the title, there's no chance in hell with performances like this that we will get the points we need against Leciester, United away, City away, Spurs away, Everton away, and West Ham away.

Nothing from today's game has given much high hope, another largely average and **** performance.

8. Arsenal87

**** me, Wenger deciding to bring ANOTHER defensive addition, LOL, this is BOURNEMOUTH with all due respect, lol 3 defensive players on the pitch now, what a coward, that's the only word I can think of.

9. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

Respectfully I disagree with you both. How many times have we criticised Wenger for not shutting up shop when we've been winning ? Flamini might not be the best DM, but the tactical swap made perfect sense.

Smirnoffpriest likes this.
  10. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

We need the 3 points. The team have been playing a bit nervously, so it makes sense to play more defensively seeing as we are 0-2 up.

11. Arsenal87

You'd think we would have marched on after 2-0, to help our goal difference and make a statement, but nope, we're Arsenal, we never want to impress, just go back hide in our shells, get overrun, and do nothing for the whole game. Spineless, that's what we are.

12. excel

excel Active Member

He,s not alone there.

13. remembercolinlee

At this stage of the season performance means little compared to points. .. not free flowing or incisive football but really professional performance imo
    2nd -4th separated by just 1 point now and the top 4 separated by just 6 points.

Am hoping chelsea beat united so there is some real daylight between United and us!

RANDY likes this.
  14. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Piskie, but I think you're wrong on this. Flamini staying on makes no sense because he has been reluctant to tackle or physically impose him on the game as he may get sent off. It makes it easier for them to run through us in midfield because we only have one person (Coquelin) staying back. Ox coming off was fine, but we don't want them to get back in the game and we needed to stretch them so Campbell/Walcott should have come on to peg them back and make them less inclined to attack us because they may get done on the counter. We have no outlet out wide now.

Quilllogic likes this.
  15. Arsenal87

We are not even going for it, there is a difference between stupid gung ho football like we sometimes do, and some actual meaningful attacking football, it's not one or the other, you can attack and still keep it tight, again, it's not one or the other.

In this instance, we are doing NOTHING in attack. In fact by just sitting back and doing **** all, we are inviting trouble.

So your argument is a straw man.

16. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

What are you even going on about ? <laugh> You put forward an argument, I have a different opinion based on your premise. Do you even know what a straw man argument is ?

17. Arsenal87

Ill tell you why it is important to have good performances, in Arsenal's case we have been poor performance wise for 2 months, after a while, it catches up with u, as we have seen, we will not limp our way to the title, anyone who thinks we will are severely deluded, with this delusional belief that oh it's ok we're playing like **** but we are getting the results so we're showing some grit. That's a load of nonsense, because we have dropped so many points because of how average we have been.

So that's why I'm saying we need good performances, and need to up it up, because we ain't winning nothing if we stay playing like this, especially against the opposition we have coming up, anyone who thinks otherwise, I say again, are utterly deluded, you'd think the last 4 games would have opened their eyes, but some unfortunately remain deluded forever.

Quilllogic likes this.
  18. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

Respectfully I disagree, we were getting overrun in MF and we needed a reinforcement. Ramsey can make up the extra attacker if needed. You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't share it. That's all. <ok>

19. Arsenal87

We are still getting overrun unless I'm watching another game? So your argument is pretty void.

20. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

Now that's a straw man argument <laugh>