1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by devonqprboy, Mar 28, 2014.

1. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

What a great story devon. Incredible.

Does anyone remember when Tommy Docherty tried to sign the teenage Maradona for QPR in the 70's?

3. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

I remember hearing about this story years ago

4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Glad we didn't keep him ................. just another ego tripping ****a who wants everything his way or the highway.
    It is so hard to find a level headed person who happens to be good at their craft.

It seems the better player they are, the more of a drama queen to match.
    It's a team sport ....................... we need players who'll play as a team.

5. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

If in doubt, sign them, you could have 60 youths who could turn into a top player or one SWP. I know what Id prefer.

Saints turned down the chance to sign a young drogba because Lowe felt £1.5m was too much.

6. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Glad we didnt sign him the arrogant donkey. Anyway he would had move on for a bigger club from LR before he would been 19. He has a history being restless and wayward and never stayed with same club for a long. Althought he is a brilliliant player and scores some fantastic goals and has won numerous domestic champions he has never won any of international top titles.

7. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

He turned down a trial at Liverpool not long before joining Ajax from IFK Gothenburg still in his teens, stating: "Zlatan don't do trials". Never been anything wrong with his self belief :)

Absolute gem! I love him for his larger than life attitude, he sticks out from the usual boring footballers.

8. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

I dont like him. He is just one of the arrogant millionaire footballers who talk what they want and do what they want. Nothing great about that IMO.

9. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

He's a good player but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

He's certainly make the world arsehole XI.

10. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

Yeah but what a nose!

11. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Exactly.

12. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Great trio with Robben and Balotelli......

13. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Going by this thread he is clearly misunderstood and people don't know him we'll enough. Don't take everything so serious, it's all image. The man is pure entertainment. And there is not one player in the Premier League who can touch him, only Suarez come close.

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

15. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

A story emerges about a player who has 9 league titles across 4 major leagues. Due to win his 10th at the end of the season!!!!! Who could have signed for us.

But some of our fans blessed with the likes of Brett Angell, Sammy Koejoe, Marcus Nygaard, Andy ‘No Goals’ Johnson, Mikel Beck and Michael Ngoge during his era are glad we didn’t ever add him to that list.

Saw Leonardo on MOTD last week (he signed Ibrahimovic for PSG). They asked him about the emerging English talents like Sterling and Barkely. He said England have never had a truly great player; a Pele, a Messi, a Cristiano Ronaldo, a Maradona or a Romario because our mentality is different.

He said we don’t allow ego’s and individuals we crush players into fitting into a team ethic. But he said that’s where we go wrong because special players with special abilities need to be allowed this ego and indivudality. Leonardo said all those players a great because of this ego and indviuality “which allows them to be better than they really are”.

So I’m not surprised to have negative baseless commetns about him. Its why Adel was never accepted by many and never will be and soon Morrisson and Barkley will have the individuality crushed and battered out of them until the exert more energy running around for the team and instead of trying a shot or pass that no normal ‘team player’ wwould try they’ take the easy ball.

Such a shame that this country still has that mentality that stops us winning any international honours.

16. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Spot on! We had players like this 20 Years ago and more, Stanley, Best, Gazza to name 3 that spring to mind, but they are few and far between now. When they appear they shine for a short while before becoming mired down in the effort efffort effort rather than the shine shine shine - like Owen and Rooney, though Rooney still glitters on occasion.

17. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Sorry mate dont with agree you. Apart of few of his brilliant goals its hard to find anything entertaining about him.
    If he is not suppose to take seriously we can use that method to everybody and everywhere. Again he has won many championships in the national level but where are his euro thorphys...? He has played with ajax, juventus, milan, barca, inter and now PSG. He is suppose to have few already....

18. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Don’t get your logic that you discount/play down his 10 league titles because he’s paid for big teams. But criticise him for not winning a world or European Cup with Sweden. HAVE A LOOK AT THEIR SQUAD MATE WHAT DO YOU EXPECT.

He’s one league title 10 times!!! In Spain, Holland, Italy, and France. That’s more than a co-incidence. Bit because he’s so good that Inter won the title while he was there and AC Milan won it when he was there not the other way around or a Napoli, a Roma or Juventus. The big clubs win players because they sign players like him

What more can he do at international level when he’s from Sweden. Maradona wouldnbt have won a world cup if he didn’t have players like Passaerella in his team. HPele wouldn’t have won a world cup if he was from Sweden and in Ibrahimovic’s generation.

Playoff of this world cup. Sweden lose 1-0 away against Portugal. Ibrahimovic scores tewice in the home leg butRonaldo playing for a better team scores a hat-rick. Not Ibrahmiovic’s fault there

Talking garbage Igor

19. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I can only think of 2 players who are arguably better than Zlatan today - Messi and Ronaldo. But I can think of many who I'd put in a World Arsehole 11 before him, but not too many of them would be football players!.

20. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

You totally missed the point mate. Of course i dont play down his championships in italy, spain, holland and france but how many Champions league , europaleague and uefa-cup titles he has? ZERO....! That was the point i was trying to tell you.... Sweden has nothing to do with it. He has played with super team mates and superteams but have t win any international succsses. If that is garbage so be it.