1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zeki Fryers

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by KingHotspur, Jul 5, 2012.

1. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ready-to-quit-manchester-united-for-tottenham

Tottenham have agreed to sign defender Zeki Fryers in a move that has infuriated Manchester United and will be resolved at a tribunal.

The 19-year-old has accepted a £20,000-a-week contract offer to move to White Hart Lane after his contract with United expired this summer and he refused to sign a new deal as they would not meet his wage demands.

The Red Devils are entitled to compensation as they brought Fryers through their youth system, but the fee will be decided by an independent tribunal as the Old Trafford club want £6 million for the left-back while Spurs rate him at around £2m.

Fryers is understood to have been told that he will go straight into the Spurs first-team squad under new head coach Andre Villas-Boas as competition for Benoit Assou-Ekotto, with Danny Rose likely to leave the Londoners this summer.

The defender, who broke into Sir Alex Ferguson's first-team squad last season, will join Ravel Morrison and Paul Pogba as the latest promising youth prospect to turn his back on the club.

Sir Alex has already expressed concerns over the full-back’s future, admitting that the club had not been in contact with him during the post-season break.

"We haven't heard anything from Zeki Fryers," said the United boss to MUTV on Monday. "I don't know what's happening there but he's not been in touch with the club. His agent hasn't been in touch with the club and I can only assume he'll be back for training."

Fryers made his debut in the Red Devils’ 3-0 victory over Leeds in last season's League Cup but has not appeared in the Premier League since his side’s Boxing Day defeat to Blackburn.

The move will signal a third high-profile departure of United's brightest young talent in half a year, with Morrison having joined West Ham in January and Pogba moving to Juventus on Tuesday.

Ferguson accused Pogba of showing the Old Trafford club “a lack of respect” following his switch to the Turin giants, with the Frenchman having been locked in a contract dispute with United for a number of months.

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

dont know a thing about this guy...straight into the first team squad?

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

This news has shocked me, believe me he is good enough to get a squad place but not yet ready for a first team birth. I had high hopes for this lad coulden`t care less about the other two, Morrison will end up wasting his talent for his wannabe gangsta mates in the hood (probably end up inside) and Pogba looked good against smaller kids but lost in the first team squad.

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Hopefully he's pretty good. Benny needs some competition, as Rose, although has been decent, is a long way off from reaching Benny's level and I doubt he ever will. Hopefully this Fryers lad has got some promise and will keep Benny on his toes.

5. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Awwww diddums, the mean Old Lady offer more money than you wanted to pay and take your player that you poached from Le Havre by throwing money at his parents?

And now it's Levy's turn again \o/

please log in to view this image

I know it's only Goal.com but I just like that gif :D

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I'm getting good at this ITK stuff...

If true, there's a few thing that no newspaper will report, despite the fact they're true and everyone knows it.

1.) Man Utd cannot hold on to their youth prospects - Ravel Morrison, Paul Pogba and Ezekiel Fryers all leaving in rapid succession demonstrate this.
    2.) Berbatov, Owen, Pogba, Fryers, De Laet and Kuszczak out...sounds like rats leaving a sinking ship to me.
    3.) Ryan Giggs was snaffled from Man city's youth team and David Beckham for ours, so Bacon Face is in no position to complain

7. The fact that Fergie is throwing his toys out of the pram over this tells me everything I need to know about the lad's talent and future prospects.

This is yet example of youth feeling confident that it will be given a chance under AVB.

8. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

have some of the actions this week already started to make you feel a bit more confident about AVB, Hiag?

9. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

HIAG is just confident he can spin any situation to our advantage Roo. <ok>

10. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;41YKOeJAVi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41YKOeJAVi0&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

11. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Big congratulations for pissingng off United...Its a great aim to have in life.....

Dont know too much about this guy, except that United madehim out to be the next big thing..........

Did watch him in the reserves against liverpool reserves last season though, and Suso and Sterling made the guy look distinctly average.....Id be really surprised if he was anything but cover for you guys.

12. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

Luke its not about whos won what.
    Its about the fact that Fergie is less that pleased to lose another young player(thats 3 this week) and to us- its usually the other way round.

13. SirAlex

SirAlex Member

Morrison has problems off the pitch and wont make it. Pogba went to Juventus becasue they offerd more money and Fryers is a decent young player but thats it..
    And we are getting rid of alot of dead wood this summer.

14. In truth, yes.

I still have grave reservations that he's the right man for us. Having said that, it's clear that he will give our young guns a fair crack at the whip, and, by doing so, instill in them the kind of confidence that is going to do wonders for their game, and for the club. It's also clear that he is going to be a breath of fresh-air for the club, in terms of our training and tactical preparedness.

I'm less concerned than I was, and I am certainly prepared to give the man a chance.

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

i would love it if he got the best out of Gio...i know he is leaving etc..just something i desire as i think he is class that class we see in a mexican shirt..that kinda class is in him for us too.

16. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

17. No Kane No Gain

Hoorah, what a busy week :)

18. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

i know that's nor really telling us anything we didn't already know, but it's always bit more credible from sky.

19. No Kane No Gain

We need to save some things for next week :D

I've got it all planned out. Finalise the deal on Monday. Vertonghen medical Tuesday. Vertonghen finalised Wednesday. Ade deal done Thursday. Modric and Dembele bids accepted Friday <ok>

20. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

From what I've seen of Fryers, which is admittedly isn't much, he won't be much more than a squad player for any top club in England. Still a useful player to have around but not going to set the world alight.

It's a bit sad that we've lost 2, 3 if this deal goes through, promising youth products. Although I believe Morrison has already had his contract with West Ham terminated. I guess some players get a sniff of first team football an think they've made and demand wages they've yet to earn. Welbeck started to get first team football at united at 18/19, went on loan the next season and is now a regular in the United First team and started 4 games for England in the Euros. Not sure why Pogba, Fryers, and Morrison didn't follow that example.

Anyways, wish Fryers the best if he signs with you guys. <ok>