1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zeki Fryers

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by KingHotspur, Jul 5, 2012.

1. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Either he's not going to get chances for the foreseeable future and is right to leave, or he's being ungrateful and impatient. You can't have both Luke.

Take the L with some dignity :D

2. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

:D

3. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I doubt it was ever an option for him to sign a two year deal so it's not really an attractive option for him to wait and see then hope the right kind of club comes in for him if it doesn't work out.

In recent years we've brought through Lennon, Bale, Rose, Huddlestone and Dawson who have been brought into the first team at or around his age. We've also seen Kane, Lancaster, Carroll, Townsend, Fredericks, Ceballos and no doubt one or two others I'm forgetting who have all played in the Europa League or League for us in the past season. All without playing in the reserve leagues with their half fit first team players and disgruntled players that have been pushed to the side so put in half assed performances.

Left back is also a position we've needed proper backup for awhile too so I'm sure he had that in mind when choosing a team that will likely play him in the Europa League and League Cup before any injuries or suspensions, who actually seems to rate him. It really doesn't look like a bad move from here. Why would it, unless you think United is the be all and end all of football.

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With the ongoing rumours about Leighton Baines and the inevitable return of Fabio from his loan, perhaps Fryers merely felt that he wasn't going to get an opportunity, in the long term?
    Why sign a contract to hang around for a season, only to be sold next year to whoever matched Man Utd's valuation, when he could choose where to go now and probably play more?

I'd expect him to struggle to dislodge Assou-Ekotto at the moment, but he'd be used for cup games and may get a chance if Cameroon qualify for the ACN in January.
    The Europa League could be a valuable learning experience for him, especially if Villas-Boas sees it in a better light than Redknapp.
    If he's used alongside the likes of Dawson, Caulker and Naughton in that competition, with Sandro and Huddlestone protecting them, then he could get quite a number of games.

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Morrison has wannabe gangsta mates who wil always hold him back, shame because he has great talent. Pogba has a chance to be good but always looked like a rabbit caught in the head lights when promoted to the first team, could come good or fade into obscurity. Fryers looked composed when given his chance and has very good atributes for a left back or left sided centre back, he could have made it at United if he was prepared to wait two or three years but decided to go, i think he has probably been offered more money but think he is in the same position playing wise as i can`t see him replacing BEA in the next two years though he will ne a good back up.

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Some of the comments on Sky Sports' site are amusing. Mainly because of the combination of sour grapes and pig ignorance...

"Ambush"? Did you even offer him a contract?

That wasn't bitter...

Somehow he forgot Walker, let alone Caulker...

Walker seems to be coming on alright, doesn't he?

Football Manager is real life now?

The fact Rio and Vidic have the combined age of 103 had more to do with Jones and Smalling coming in, as well as Evans getting games despite clearly not being up to the task last season.

What are you, eight?!?

Berbatov, Park - all deadwood...

Yet losing Pogba and Fryers for nothing and next to nothing won't help bring in new players, as no funds come in from it.

So,so bitter - especially when the same **** is said about them when they leave for nothing a season or two from now...

Giggs was poached from Man City, Beckham from Spurs...and that was fifteen years ago!

Words fail me. Again...

This one might turn up in a few sigs...

7. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

4th best team in London <laugh> ... <doh>

Record with producing youngsters <laugh> ... <doh>

Bait for a Modric deal <laugh> ... <doh>

8. SirAlex

SirAlex Member

Good move for him, more chance of first team football then he would ever get at Man Utd.

9. ...last batch of bad apples...

...dead wood...

...Man U are the only big club who offer youngsters a chance...

...the guy just isn't good enough...

<doh>

I'm loving this! The boot is on the other foot, now. They pay us £32 million for a striker that they've hardly used, and we get their most promising LB for peanuts <laugh>

Thank you, Fergie!