1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

young driver test 2013

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by sotonlad, Jul 2, 2013.

1. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Was perfect weather wasn't it, warm enough in the grandstand shade and very warm when I ventured to the general admission area's :)

We could well have been sitting seat apart most of the day. I wandered around everywhere we could get to but spent most of my time in Woodcote A and the GA area around Luffield. I had to bolt before the pitwalk sadly, had some house moving to go help with. Was probably the main reason I went as I live 3 hours from Silverstone but the house move was less than an hour away. Was pretty odd to leave Silverstone with no traffic issues, I left the stands at 5 and was probably at the M1 by half past.

If they do in season testing next season I will definitely go again if the weather is pleasant, was a nice day in the sun with screaming cars for company, was good practice for photography at Hungary to :D

2. Stephen Lickorish

I spent pretty much all day in Woodcote A so yeah we may well have actually seen each other! It was good the grandstands were covered like you say as it was so hot when I went to do the pitlane walk. That was good but there were so many people it was difficult to get a good picture of the cars, which were pretty much all old showcars anyway so you didn't miss out on much :smile: