1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread World Cup Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Oct 8, 2017.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

Threw an elbow ;)

if you think its not a pen you want to get your st george's flag out of your eyeline mate.

saintKlopp likes this.
  2. moreinjuredthanowen

If that team plays v Belgium they will have an absolute field day. Young not defending and maguire who is as slow as a carthorse on the left side... its an accdient waiting to happen.

3. saintKlopp

That's what he's there for, and it is a somewhat important aspect of the game.
    He also showed "natural" Raheem how to not fall over your own feet when presented with an open goal from 5 yards out.

4. saintKlopp

Definite pen.

5. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

I hope PJ is on the wum otherwise he really doesn't know anything about football...

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I thought those three worked well until Alli stopped running.

I'd play Rose instead of Young too.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Threw an elbow? Hahahahahaha

He just turned and had both arms out, the diving Tunisian (who hit the deck more often than David Price throughout) just ran into it, and dived. If you think that’s a pen, then there should be about a dozen per game.

What about the 2 judo throws on Kane btw? Worthy of Carragher them.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Henderson had a good first half, second he was too safe in possession for me, he was always looking to lay it off rather than looking forward and taking responsibility.

9. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Your "proper" team is a 4-2-4 which would be ripped to pieces by any half decent team .
    PS have no idea why Dier is so rated when he has been ,at best, bang average for at least 18 months.

10. saintKlopp

Clear pen, Tobes.
    Imagine if that was Lovren on DCL - you be wanting his knackers on a kebab stick. And so would most of us.
    The Kane incidents were also penalties.

11. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Definite pen. for me Tobes. Not so much an elbow as a forearm in a totally unnatural movement. Walker knew the man was there.

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

As a result, he has earned to remain as Liverpool's captain?.

13. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Totally agree with MITO and saint here, Tobes. It was defo a penalty and it was total ****ing stupidity. What was the soft **** thinking of? <doh>

14. Solid_Air 2

I actually enjoyed watching England in the first half which was a pleasant novelty the only problem was the poor finishing.
    Yes they faded and why Alli stayed on is a mystery but at least we won for once.
    I actually quite like the approach Southgate has taken with England even though i don't think he actually has the players to produce the goods at present.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

My proper england team is me spending 2 years teaching delle alli he is not a no 10 and beating a cm role into him.

You can take him out and put loftus cheek in if you like

I don't mind.

The fact is spurs have ruined alli. he thinks he is amazing but in actual fact he reminds me of a poor mans fabregas. wenger ruined fabregas too.

16. Solid_Air 2

so why put him in your team <doh>

PS though why you think in the short time you have Alli you would be able to rework his playing style that he uses week in week out for Spurs is beyond me.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

My take,

only saw last 15 mins of first half and the 2nd half.

1. I like Maguire, thought he looked solid and was good on the ball and brought it out well a few times as well as a threat on set piece. However, i agree with MITO in this highline, he cannot play the offside trap well so runs in behind he's already a few yards behind tracking the run thinking of the recovery. We got lucky when Khazri was flagged offside (wtf was pickford doing) when he was well on.

2. I'm mixed with Hendo. Made a few good passes but in general he's so ponderous on the ball and goes back and side. I guess it's not all bad as he kept possession but when a team sits back you want the ball to move quickly but he always needs a touch or 2 to get it under control and turn unless he plays is straight back to a CB. I do like his covering and how solid he is though and his defensive energy (which i think he doesn't get enough credit).

3. The team were either knackered from the first half exploits but it was a horrible 2nd half performance. Team was very abject and conservative when in the first half we were all over them pressing them and getting the ball back.

4. The team are good at set pieces and thats how our goals came about.

5. ref was bent. Also i wouldn't have given the pen for walker (his arms were a bit high) and thought it was a bit soft but i can see why it was given. How he then doesn't give those fouls on kane....

6. Not a big fan of loftus cheek (based on his chelsea performances a few years back) but he was surprisingly bright and made a great impact on the game.

7. we lacked a lot of imagination in the 2nd half and imo don't have a clever player(s) on the ball too unlock teams when teams shut up shop and and compact the game.

THE FOOL likes this.
  18. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, we won.

Like I said, Italy and Germany have started slow in previous tournaments and won the thing. Do you think their fans complained about how if they keep playing like they did in the first game all will be doom and gloom? I doubt it.

We were not the only team to have an inglorious start but unlike some, we won. Let's just say it again: we won. Goodness, if Germany, Brazil and Argentina play like they did then they won't get out of the group stage. But what are the chances?

Tunisia were not absolute ****, they defended resolutely. And now they've lost a game they're going to bust a gut to do better against Belgium. But then maybe FIFA should just decide everything on the opening games if it's all going to go exactly as it already has.

And let's just say it again for the doom and gloomers: WE WON.

Italia '90, people. We started badly and made the semi. Cheer the **** up.

THE FOOL and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

klopp could....

by now southgate should have.

even if you look at the flawed system southgate had he was looking for high press system with the 4 up top pressing. If they had even kept doing that they would have won handily

20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Why couldn’t he then just find feet, move the play up without a ‘hollywood’ ball behind?