1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic World Cup 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by karlos5001, Jun 9, 2018.

1. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Nah; just old, well dressed and non threatening!

2. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

how do you know they're not french ? by looking at their skin ?
    colonialism has its consequences

3. stick

stick Bumper King

Never one to miss a sitter rudey...Argentina needs you! <laugh>

bayernkenny likes this.
  4. bayernkenny

Think I know where the cop shop is which appears in 'Spiral' (Engrenages)!

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

He’s like Motherfucker Jones from Horrible Bosses <laugh> great film

6. rudebwoy

always the best places in any town / city , full of characters , no bother ... unless you want some !

7. OddDog

Staff Member

If they were French they‘d be on strike <ok>

(Air Traffic Control today, let’s see if I manage to get home in the morning)

rudebwoy likes this.
  8. bayernkenny

Average height, Weissbier belly, peely-wally (typical Scottish) complexion, hair - No. 1 all over however nice posh clothes (hat, tweed jacket , shirt and tie plus Levi's and brogues) though!

9. bayernkenny

F****n' hate CDG; always get the Eurostar to St Pancras. Great buffet car on the train then off to wee private hotel just across the road for a few hours shuteye before walking up to 'The Angel' for a piss up! Some cool 'boozers' wi' posh English burdz of varying races to be preyed upon!

Am I a bad person?

rudebwoy likes this.
  10. rudebwoy

the french don't f ack about with grievance procedures , silly ballots , hr depts, just out the gate , block the road , whatever it takes , the message is always clear !
    They retire at 55 , unlike mugs here , we now supposed to work till 70 !
    I've worked in manual trades all my life , merchant seaman , building sites , i've tried to keep my health , but after 44 years of abuse it's getting harder , i've got another 6 years before i get a measly pension , young kids today will have to do 55 years of graft !! tragic for the toilers

11. bayernkenny

I have enjoyed the post match chit-chat however must turn in what with the big game against South Korea tomorrow afternoon!

DFB 1.jpg B'bauer 3.jpg DFB 2.jpg

12. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

We complained to FIFA after Harry Kane was rugby tackled twice in the Tunisia game and we got no penalties from referees or VAR. Since then the referees seem to have been looking for that and awarding penalties.

I hope that the FA are watching this World Cup. They should tell referees here to give penalties for rugby tackles and shirt pulling. First week of the season there would be about ten penalties. Second week of the season they would all stop doing it. Just for good measure, they could book the offenders as well.

Deleted....... and karlos5001 like this.
  13. bayernkenny

A feeling of impending doom pervades my thinking this morning.

I cannot help feel that at least one 'big' team will fail to reach the round of sixteen; could it be 'Die Mannschaft'?.

The match last night involving Argentina prompted some thoughts from this lover of all teams who play in sky blue tops. As a born 'Scot' I also own that illogical adoration of the drug taking, cheating (?) and left wing leaning El Rey sin coronado de Escocia; Diego Armando Maradona. Listening to the output on ITV and BBC television plus the utterances of pundits, ex-players, current and out of work managers and other contributors to talkSport and BBC Radio 5 Live their desires, over the past few evenings, for Germany and Argentina to 'fail' have been clear and pronounced. My anger is particularly directed at the two bampots who impersonated a commentator and summarizer during Germany's game against Sweden. Each seemed to be approaching orgasm as the injury time minutes added up only to became limp as images of their respective Ma and Pa 'at it' under the BHS duvet replaced visions of Heidi Klum, Franziska van Almsick, Katarina Witt or Diane Kruger. All have also commented upon the lack of sparkle from Brazil, Spain and France. The home of the word 'schadenfreude' is, in this matter, extremely ironic.

Paranoid; moi?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  14. OddDog

Staff Member

A lot of speculation in the press about England and Belgium both trying to finish second in the group (be it on points, goal difference, or yellow cards). If you look at the way the knockout round is panning out, the top half of the draw is looking very tough indeed. We already have Uruguay v Portugal and France v Argentina and, after today's matches, it is entirely possible Brazil v Germany also in the top half of the draw. The bottom half has Spain v Russia and Croatia v Denmark.

It reminds me a little of the 2002 world cup, where a poor German team had the most charmed path to the final I can ever remember - Paraguay in the round of 16, USA in the Quarter Final and South Korea in the Semi Final. England, conversely, stuffed Denmark 3-0 in the round of 16 and then went out to Seaman's brain freeze against eventual winners Brazil.

I wouldn't be at all sad to finish second in the group - not because I think we can win it but just so we can maybe stay in a little longer and maybe even get to the semi-final?

SwanHills and bayernkenny like this.
  15. stick

stick Bumper King

Failure sells mate sadly! However it has to be said that all the hotpots, France, Spain, Brazil and Germany have all been dissapointing thus far.

16. bayernkenny

Not to mention 1974 where it is suspected West Germany did not put in 100% against East Germany; this possible piece of shenanigans meant Herr Beckenbauer and co. would avoid one of The Netherlands, Brazil or Argentina until the final in Munich! Sneaky lot; 'we' Krauts!

17. bayernkenny

I cannot help but suspect that France have much more to offer. Also, of all the usual suspects, they have by far the best defence!

I am currently and for more than a year been at war with fellow supporters of FC Bayern Munchen regarding Boateng and Hummels. They are adequate for the Bundesliga however both have been shown up by the better teams in the Champion's League. Hummels seems to run in reverse and Boateng seems too interested in his personal profile. Sorry to stray but my main football interest lies with Bavaria's 'national' team!

B-W 7.jpg Blau Weiss.png

SwanHills likes this.
  18. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Apparently the ZDF channel will be doing the Final, and the lady commentator business is really hotting-up. For myself, have nothing against Claudia Neumann at all but hard for me to accustom myself to a female voice doing commentaries, simply not used to it! Here one (cursed Twitter) Tweet to the Telekom website, roughly translated. I would take Mickey Mouse before that bloody Bela fellah!
    Claudia instead of Bela:
    Share this tweet, if you want Claudia Neumann in the zdf to comment on the # WM2018 final. As an adequate answer to all the sick hate comments! #Claudia instead of Bela.
    -Matthias Borowski, Berlin, Germany.

God, I hope Herr Borowski does not bump in to our Mr. OddDog! <laugh>

Capture.PNGladycommentator.PNG

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  19. bayernkenny

Enjoined a chit-chat on Huffpost about Jason Cundy's outburst regarding the first attempt by the English woman on UK television. Gotta admit her debut was poor however because of the author of the derogatory comment I launched headfirst into the discussion; my ire directed at Herr Cundy who, in my judgement, is a f****n' idiot. Oddly my expletive filled and descriptive comments on the inadequacies of Cundy as an 'expert', his inability to form logical arguments and his habit of stating opinions as facts did not get past the editor!

Ho-hum!

redcgull likes this.
  20. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly when it concerns Cundy...!!!

bayernkenny likes this.