1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WINDOW - YOUR RATING

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Why not park the bus on this whole Marsch thing until he has a few games played with this strengthened squad. It’s utterly pointless really. Some made their mind up on him ages back and unlikely to change regardless of results. Personally I can’t wait for these next five games and see what squad are capable of. Incidentally it appears Llorente wanted away for personal reasons which is fine.

2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Been talk of Llorente wanting to move for a while now. Some players like Rodrigo settle in but others and or wives/family do not. He did the honest thing and enabled Leeds to agree a nice fee for him. Harrison better keep his efforts up or now it's public knowledge he wanted out the crowd could turn. Too many rumours about jack wanting a move this season and so it proved true.

Eireleeds1 and Makemstine Roger like this.
  3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Llorente spoke well when he left- had the decency to thank everyone for their support. Guess he’s not a member of not606then <laugh>

Hope it goes well for him.

wakeybreakyheart and Eireleeds1 like this.
  4. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

He went there with the clubs permission which means, we said, if X replacement comes in you are free to leave and the offer from Leicester is acceptable. What was he supposed to do, say "no, it's ok I'll take my chances of not playing and damaging my career because the fans are lovely"? If he had refused to come back then the club would have probably had to sell him - honestly, the spin that goes on things sometimes is ludicrous!

Hopefully now, a new contract is agreed and I am happy he is still here. If he leaves in the summer for a proper fee under contract, I am happy with that too.

Doc, FORZA LEEDS, Eireleeds1 and 3 others like this.
  5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Tbh....the fee was not good enough for me when you see others that are bandied about, for all his inconsistencies he is worth a few goals a season and with a tweak in his game could improve further...glad he headed back <cheers>

6. Eireleeds1

Agree 100%. I posted several times in last couple of weeks anything less than 35m would be no use. Glad he's still here. He's proven in the past he can operate under pressure. That beauty he scored in final game of season against Brentford springs to mind

7. milkyboy

20% of any fee to city too

I agree in current market 20m way too cheap for a guy with consistent goals/assists at Prem level. At least with new contract, if someone really does want him they can pay for him.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  8. Eireleeds1

If we can kind of look at it in reverse. If we wanted to sign Jack Harrison at age he's at now, would we expect to get him for 20m with him being English? Like hell we would

9. Marcos Barber

Mate I totally agree with you but the point is, the fee wasn’t anything to do with Jack, that was between the clubs. Think KP and Raph were sold too cheap compared to market values but, heh, it’s not my cash.

I just don’t understand this “he better play like Roy Race between now and the end of the season or he is a thieving traitor”, it really is ridiculous, he has done nothing wrong in my eyes and retains my full support :emoticon-0148-yes:

10. Marcos Barber

This new Eire is throwing me a bit off balance <laugh>

Eireleeds1 likes this.

11. milkyboy

but he's getting a new contract, so he won't try now - do you know know nothing about football or human nature Marcos? <whistle><whistle>

And every time he misplaces a pass, we'll be reminded <laugh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  12. Marcos Barber

And I’m sure he’ll be reminded too. Don’t know what else he should expect, put no effort in and deliberately play badly for more money is unprofessional to say the least <whistle>

Funnily enough, the one thing I would never accuse Jack of is being unprofessional :emoticon-0148-yes:

13. milkyboy

It does happen Marcos, usually with a few prima Donna’s at the end of their careers, but the reality is to make it as a top pro these days you have to be super-competitive with an ultra professional outlook. The idea that they don’t care, don’t try, don’t want to play. It’s utter nonesense. They live and breathe it.

Look at our hot topic of the day, Rodrigo - desperately trying to up his goal tally last Sunday… and crocking himself kicking a defenders foot<laugh>

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

It explains his lack of celebration of his goal against Accrington as he thought it was his last game for the club. He is 26 so peak years ahead so if we have to we get more money in a couple of years. Don’t know if he wanted to leave or not or whether he felt like the club wanted to move him on but it seems like he cares for Leeds because not many players would walk out of a medical and return. Seems his heart wasn’t set on the move.

Marcos Barber and Eireleeds1 like this.
  15. wakeybreakyheart

Orta called him back matching Leicesters offer.. Getvreal we bought him back he is just a mercenary. Feck him

16. Eireleeds1

They’re all in it mainly for the money at every club aided by their agents Wakey. Jacks no different

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Aye Roy will be getting on a bit now but he was the complete striker.....pace,power, finishing, dribbling and a thoroughly nice chap... now i wonder if he could adapt to left back :)

Marcos Barber likes this.
  18. Marcos Barber

And there was me thinking Old Chap is talking about Marcos until you mentioned Left Back. Mate, the right foot was a wand in its day but the left foot wouldn’t have improved Steven Hawking tbh :emoticon-0148-yes:

leeds down south likes this.
  19. Marcos Barber

Yep, ok :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. wakeybreakyheart

Just being greedy