1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

West Brom

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Just saw the replay of the match, and a very good match it was.
    Firstly, Hazard was seriously good, maybe as good as I have ever seen him. Some of this must go to the improved service from our midfield with Kante, Bakayoko and Stans' mate Cesc, all showing why the whole can be better than the parts. All 3 have played better individually, but the combination of the 3 was terrific, and the midfield was fluid and positive.
    Hazards' work with Morata was a joy to see, they really have quickly become as 2 like minds, with each one able to take up positions instinctively, and they looked and were extremely dangerous. Too early to be likened to Shearer and Sutton, or Eider and Jimmy Flloyd, but definately double trouble for defenders.
    Alonso caused trouble , Zappa was steady, and the back 3 solid as a rock, even the often criticised Cahill. This is a player who can do a job for us for sure, and now we have options to rotate when we need more speed, power, etc.
    Excellent work against a struggling dispirited opponent who are in need of some luck and could do with a break.

Naas Blue and BobbyD like this.
  2. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

We might scrape a draw...but if Cescy and Cahill start it's lose 3-0 and goodbye Tony ffs<doh>......!!!!!!!

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lets not get carried away.

We have played Baggies in last 2 league matches. It may be ideal for Cescy playing Baggies week in week out. Yet Cescy has done precious little.
    I would go for Doucoure or Lemina to replace Cescy.

Cahill is better with Christensen.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

Think that's the point Stan, Cahill has been better with Christensen, Fabregas better with Kante and Bakyoko. It's the combinations that work, not just individuals. Conte's job is to get more combinations going so we can rotate the squad without weakening it.

5. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Agree with back 3 combo.

But don't agree with Cescy combo with Baka & Kante. We can be lot better with real player instead of Cescy.

Rich & Poor baggies 2 teams with awful setup 2 games he did little to nothing.

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You don't really understand what you are watching on the pitch do you.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Even my 9 year old nephew understands you are rich Baggies.

What else for me to understand??

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nothing really if you happily compare yourself to a 9 year old :emoticon-0100-smile

9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

entire manu fans are worse than 9 year olds

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

OK :emoticon-0100-smile

StanDMan likes this.

11. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Stan, I’m afraid I’m going to have to call you out on Cesc this time. He had a fabulous game. Right at the heart of a lot of good moves.

It’s been said that he needs others around him but he still offers a great deal to the team. The baggies weren’t greatfor sure but they are still premier league.

Let’s hope that Conte starts pulling it together again now. I really feel city have too much for everyone this year. They’ve been quietly going about their business and have way too much quality all over the pitch. Second would be a great finish for us.

Bristol Blue and StanDMan like this.
  12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Agree with you on 2nd spot. I will consider 2nd as good as last season's title

13. The Ginger Marks

In which way is Fab not a real player? he was fantastic in the last two games and has been as instrumental to the team as have Edin & Kante. When you hate a player you don't take any prisoners do you.

14. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Looks like your friend that is Cescy has helped to get Tony Pulis the sack. After last season’s display by Tony Pulis’ Baggies at Stamford Bridge with all the time wasting and spoiling tactics I’m surprised he wasn’t sacked sooner.

15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

For the millionth time I don't hate anyone let alone Cescy.
    Just saying we have better options than him

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Fabregas has been excellent as you say, due in no small part to him now playing his natural game, simply because Conte has got Kante back, Bakayoko improving and Drinkwater finally fit. This allows a rejig in the midfield formation and has made a world of difference. Things are much better now we have square holes for our square pegs to go into.

17. The Ginger Marks

That may be the case but it comes over as hate and one wonders who would be next if Fab wasn't there?

18. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

whoever is least contributing & towards the end of their career will be next <ok>

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well I can only speak for myself, but for me, its not so much that you call out players that you feel are underperforming, its the stupid ****ing retarded, hysterical statements you make regarding them, such as, "If Cahill starts there is no chance of 3 points!" before we go on to win and get 3 points, and you look a complete ****, yet you say the same thing the next week and it happens all over again.
    The Chelsea squad is made up of professional footballers, and not just that, a large amount of them are title winners, European cup winners, and internationals....there is not a player amongst them that, if played, means an automatic loss. That is also not how football works, as it is a team game.

Oh and the conspiracies regarding Jose throwing his last season with Chelsea to engineer a ****ing move to Manchester United (who HAD a manager at the time, I might add), and now claims "Tony" is doing the same thing <doh>
    I am not sure you are aware of how ****ing ridiculous you sound.

That is all <ok>
    Don't mean to be mean, but that's just how it is.

Naas Blue likes this.
  20. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Some lines that Stan writes are hilarious. What we’ve got to remember about Cesc Fábregas is the fact he’s a World Cup winner. He’s won trophies at the very highest level. I’m in awe of Cesc’s passing ability and his skills help make this club capable of winning anything.

Gareth1808 likes this.