1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welsh Giants!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by snlk/poksnbn, Jul 16, 2013.

1. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

Yup, CR as in City Region. Cardiff and surrounding areas have applied, it would mean an official metropolitan population of 1,400,000... Larger than Manchester and Leeds.

Judging by the schoolboys these days I doubt skirts would last long neither!!! I'm assuming we are all adults here, I do not remember any us using skirts to keep cool in our heat waves. Kids these days need to man up! <ok>

2. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Sparky: So you accept that 'downwards or down' for my team is a possibility not the only way. So why use the word 'only' when it clearly isn't? Glad you seem to accept that was wrong so thank you for that.

Your use of the phrase "you've fallen for it hook line and sinker" suggests you're playing some rather puerile game here - so much for your call for sensible debate. <doh>

3. john hughs

john hughs banned

Yes the the headline "Welsh Giants" seems to have brought the rodents from their nests <laugh>

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Misnomers, such as "Welsh Giants" when referring to a Malaysian footy team will naturally attract attention.

Other such comedic headlines [actual headlines] include

"Gordon Ramsay Sex Dwarf Eaten by Badger" - "A-Rod Goes Deep, Wang Hurt" - "Girls School Still Offering 'Something Special' - Head"

You just got read them stories eh hughs!

It simply could always be peoples morbid curiosity to witness a disaster as it happens, but I like to think we're above all that. Wha u fink hughs?

ProjectVRD, hows you, <ok>

Just like to point out your figures are slightly off. The new cr equates to Greater Manchester which has a pop of nearly 3m souls.

Does this mean that cardiff want to be a county, just like Swansea.

The City and County of Swansea, that sounds so good. Off to the beach now <ok>

5. john hughs

john hughs banned

What time the deck chairs have to be colleced then?

6. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

Now, now Mr Hughes... just remember there is sand on our bay for there to be deck chairs. Hows that mud bath in your parts these days? I hear they are building a place for even more caravans. <ok>

7. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Council

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

DJR

Fair enough

9. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Stumpy,

The county boroughs / county & city councils was formed in 1996 following the abolition of the county councils.

We all used to be called Glamorgan, then West, Mid & South Glamorgan now we have 6 county councils (Bridgend, Caerphilly, Merthyr, Neath-Port Talbot, RCT & Vale of Glamorgan) plus 2 county & city councils (Swansea & Cardiff).

Why stay with one when 8 will do. <doh> that's government for you.

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

who gives a fig what any areas are called just as long as we are swansea city and we carry on doing wales proud..<ok>

11. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Too true Dai. <ok>

As long as Cardiff City are Welsh Giants. <hug>

12. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aussie - been out for the day and just logged back on. Thanks for using my correct name - it's a pleasant return to civility. I also quite like the word "puerile" - it's got a certain ring to it. It seems from your posts on other threads on here you're a well-versed exponent of it.<ok>

Why do you always look for the hidden agenda and enjoy the forum, instead of getting so worked up? ? If you didn't fall for it "hook, line and sinker" regarding my earlier post, why did you come back so aggressively?

You still haven't answered my question though. If the "possiblity" (I've rephrased that for you) of you going "downwards, possibly even down" is so unlikely, then you therefore must assume that going "upwards, possibly even top" would be the more probable outcome of next season. Well, is it?

I still maintain that you won't do as well this year as last, but then again as I've said before, it's all about "biased opinions" on the boards. I dare say you have a few from our experience of your offerings over here - nothing wrong with that, but you need to accept it works both ways.

13. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I never said going down was 'unlikely' for the Swans. It's one of a number possibilities. There's not much between 17th position and top half judging by last season is there? True, bearing in mind the money we've spent I'll be disappointed if we don't have a decent run in Europe and at least maintain mid-table.

I wasn't 'worked up' or aggressive'. I merely took umbrage at your use of the word 'only' - because it was wrong. Plain and simple.

Thank you for the rephrasing and thus acknowledging you agree with me for once. <ok>

14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Anymore of these character assassination remarks from you, and I'll set the knackered one on you permanently!....................<laugh>

15. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I thought he was already. <doh>

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No worries Bluey - I'm used to stalkers.

I had VETCH on my case back in the old 606 like a bloodhound - I couldn't post without the guy seizing on every word and giving me some stick. Fair play though, he took some back from me and we're still talking - no blood spilt.

The board-lurker club down west is still alive and active..........<laugh>

196 and counting........<whistle>

17. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Frank!
    Sing us one of the classics for a change like Three Coins in a Bucket.

18. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Someone has to give your board some life. Its shockingly quiet here without us swans fans lifting it for you.

19. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Your welcome. Just dont bring the groovy gang and the in house arguments with you.

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

200 up! They can't get enough!