1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well That Was ****

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Kifflom!, May 14, 2018.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Big deal we have been relegated and if fans say they never saw this coming at least 3 seasons ago i will call them a liar to their face......The Americans have spent 90% on off field matters and not enough on the playing side.....Ok they released £60m for players but they allowed the worst management in history to run the club. We started with Bob who would be out of his depth in L2 and then we employ useless No2 and Finally Useless No3....Now i defy any club to do well under that set up.......Now we will have to see what changes will be made if any. Will they decide to change the manager or not, Will they sell our best players when under contract,
    Will they release enough money for new players which needs to be a substantial amount, Have the owners finally learned from the mistakes they now have admitted too
    The answers to that is none of us know and we all have our opinions what should be done but at the end of the day we have no say on the matter and all we can do is hope.....

2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Dai, Bob would have struggle at Conference level!! He's got to go down as one of our worst ever managers, and we've had some belters over the years. :)

3. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

What's the situation like for season ticket sales for you guys?

I know with ours, once the 5 years price freeze finished (which from memory was the 2nd year after we came down) the numbers dropped dramatically.

With the lack of Sky cash coming in you'll need all the money you can get, so bums on seats will be a big factor.

4. swanseaandproud

Obviously ST have been affected but surprisingly not by that much and we have 8 thousand on the waiting list that some of those will replace those who dont want to renew. We are blessed with those wanting ST and i cant see it affecting us much if at all.....

5. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Why didn't you ask us the same question last season, or the season before...or any of the seven seasons we were in the Premier League?

6. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Why arent you guys as active on our board as you have been for the last 7 seasons?

Don't think is was an unreasonable question given we've experienced a relegation before and might be interested in comparing notes.

Touchy touchy.

7. BrizzleBluebird

Oooh, ark at eeee! !!

I actually was just curious fella. No sleight intended at all....

The point you make is EXACTLY why I asked. It's easy to sell seats in the Prem and the only reason we managed half decent crowds in our 1st season back in the Championship is because quite a few fans were still on a good offer. ....
    Once that ended, and very much as I said in my post, our crowds fell away rapidly.

Granted we had poor football to watch too (well, worse than normal!) and an uninspiring manager who was on a cost cutting mission as contributing factors, but yes, my question was a genuine one as I don't know what your situation is...

In all honesty , if you don't want to tell me that's fine as I don't give enough of a stuff to care.....

Polite conversation is obviously something that has passed you by!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  8. PGFWhite

I'm just mystified where you're polite conversation has been for the last seven years.

9. BrizzleBluebird

Cheers fella..... that's good news for you guys.

(And nice to see someone recognises an honest question when they see one!)

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. PGFWhite

Because I don't normally give two f***s what's on your board.

11. BrizzleBluebird

If you track back you'll see I've been conspicuous by my absence on ALL boards for quite a while and only started reposting about 3 months ago.

Life got in the way for a bit sadly.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  12. ccfcremotesupport

Unless there's an opportunity to stir things up. Plenty of visitors when you were above us or we got relegated.

What goes around.......

Jay-Rede likes this.
  13. swanseaandproud

History shows how Swansea and Cardiff have changed places a few times and now it is Cardiff's turn to be above Swansea. Cardiff have had a bit of a wait this time as im not counting the time they were nowhere near ready to come up but they look better this time around i think......For the Swans then our stint in the premiership lasted much longer than anticipated which we amassed a hell of a lot of money but we never really used that money wisely as we allowed Our best players to dictate things when bigger clubs in the same league wanted them......We should have said no if we needed them but we didn't and that was the start of our downfall. This is just one of the mistakes we did, Another was employing a succession of managers who had no experience and could not play our system and we lost our way.... Another big factor was big players like Leon, Rangel, Dyer and routs were not the players they once were so we lost that element of our game......So there was not just one thing that got us relegated there was an accumulation of things that happened all together.......This will do us a world of good and is a blessing in disguise as we can now repair the wrongs and get back to the premiership a more organized club, A stronger side playing the way we use to play that gave us the success we have had......

14. PGFWhite

The ones that have been hiding underground and suddenly reappear with a bit of success are obviously held in high esteem by yourself.

15. ccfcremotesupport

And you obviously hold in high regard those swans posters that at the first sign of adversity have gone missing in action. <doh>

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  16. PGFWhite

If you point me to where I said that I'd be grateful.

17. ccfcremotesupport

In the same place I bestowed high esteem on our posters.

18. PGFWhite

You are backing them up.

19. ccfcremotesupport

Is that a statement or a question. Puncuation suggests a statement so no need to answer as you have expressed your views.

20. PGFWhite

There we are then.