1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekender

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Oct 15, 2021.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we go down I prey he stays on one more season. I think either way, next season is a huge rebuild, Ayling, Rodrigo, Dallas, Cooper, Klich all 31/32 Phillips and Raphinha with huge offers.

Irishshako likes this.
  2. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

We could build a team around Roberts - how awesome would that be :biggrin:

ristac and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  3. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I'm not defending that performance yesterday at all it was the worst I've seen. but we are just not getting any breaks with this current squad.
    I understand everyone gets injuries but the last 2 season's we get important players back only for other important players to go out.
    Yesterday ok we have key people out but still for those that came in it was their chance to show the manager what they can do.
    Sadly nobody in that team yesterday did that.
    Ayling,Dallas,Klich,Harrison,Bamford some injured some not but all so far look half the players thy were last season. They can get their mojo back of course but until we see it they have started poorly.
    Firpo-James, new to the team have some sort of excuse but end of the day its kicking a ball and not rocket science you don't lose any skill in adapting to a formation you see a good player automatically in any situation. hand on heart neither have shown any sign of being good so far. average at best.
    Roberts,Rodrigo Are not working for whatever reason is it this system? or are they simply not good enough? everyone was crap yesterday but these two guys who are in and around the team every game were absolute shyte these are the guys who need to pull out 8-9 ratings in these type of situations they are our fringe/1st team players.

I'm not worried but things are not falling for us. October is the month for our bread and butter games teams we need to take points off but we are getting raped with bad luck. injuries, Players unable to play for whatever reason.
    We need that full squad now. A full squad or not November we going to struggle with the so called better teams on the calendar.
    Then just because of bad luck in October we will be fighting the depths of the bottom.
    If that team yesterday was at Man City away you would take it on the chin, one your not expected to win and it was riddled with injuries.
    No good saying we be ok when players come back from injury or back to form. we need these players now to keep our chins above water this Month is massive we have already started it with a relegation related performance against a team who will be around it.
    there's no hiding from it.. it really was.
    these are the teams we need to not get beat off and they played us off the park in every position.

NostradEmus, southernwhite and ristac like this.
  4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Why punish the players? They are just not up to standard and that's a fact. Carry on like this and we will go down for sure. Time to have a good clearout in the chsmpionship. Sell phillips and raph and get new younger players and a new coach.

5. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

That was the Bates way, sell off the assets and keep changing manager when things failed as they inevitably did, look how that worked out.

Whitejock, Leedsoflondon and Doc like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well its quiet on here today and we know why because after yesterday everyones depressed. Facts are though that as Siddas said everyone was shyte yesterday and they need to get it sorted otherwise wakey will be the only one getting it right on here

7. wakeybreakyheart

First thing i thought of this morning besides having a piss was how shyte we were. To quote private fraser from dads army.. We are all doomed i tell ya doomed.
    The trick is not to get excited in the first place. Soon as i saw our line up that it for me. You cannot play football with a one man midfield (klich). Feck knows where pascall was meant to be playing. I now expect forshaw to be given a lengthy run out in the Arsenal game. He is not the man to save our season though.

Doc likes this.
  8. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I also said at the start of the season that staying up and consolidating was the key for this season. Last year we had the momentum and adrenaline of promotion but still largely a squad of mid table championship players that Bielsa performed a miracle with. It was always going to be a big ask to get the same out of them again as Sheffield united found out. I still think we’ll have enough but **** me do we need to start winning regularly and soon. Bielsa is too loyal, you have to start the process of phasing the championship players out and improving the quality. Yes invest in the U23s but you also have to have an eye on the here and now. A reality is we don’t have endless funds so we sometimes have to have a punt. 17 million isn’t a lot these days for a premiership player. Sometimes it works as with Raphinha.

ristac likes this.
  9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

That is very unfair.

Whitejock likes this.
  10. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Agree It's not the result that hurt me. it's was the performance.
    Coops said in the post match interview we conceded the first half didn't win first balls or 2nd balls " so why wasn't it changed?"
    but what baffled me even more he said we played well the 2nd half. really Coops? if we played well that 2nd half god help us because we were never in that game from minute 1 to minute 95.

southernwhite likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Coops probably thinks that having 3 off target shots in the 2nd half was a big improvement. It was cack

12. wakeybreakyheart

Depends what standard norway is basing his statement on.

13. wakeybreakyheart

Bielsa might not stay if we go down.

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I picked up on that comment to, I’m not sure where we played well… Actually I’m baffled

15. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

And he's the captain :emoticon-0183-swear can you imagine Billy or David Batty taking that performance, they would have kicked all their buts all the way up the the exit tunnel. & yes read into that last sentence what you will :grin:, god i am steel seething.

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Loving ghis Newcastle match. Few minutes of Euphoria as Wilson puts them one up. Amanda Staveley getting raped by the new rag head owners and the part time fans like Ant and Dec and then within a few minutes normal service resumes and silence in the owners box and long faces and Ant and Dec crying. Shearer has shut his mouth now which is great too<laugh> 1-2 Spuds

17. wakeybreakyheart

No
    Now here's a proper fan.... I can name a few from other teams who would have punched some yesterday. That soft khunt waste of money harrison and fancy dancer roberts need a good slap.

ellandback likes this.
  18. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Back to yesterday for a moment.

As soon as the team was announced it was obvious we were in for a difficult afternoon. Both full backs out, along with your holding midfield player, centre forward and world class wide player is never going to end well unless everything else goes in your favour and you put in an amazing performance. It didn't and we didn't it's as simple as that really.

So a bad day at the office but definitely plenty of mitigating circumstances. The only posiitve is it's just one game and we now look for a reaction to the defeat from the squad as a whole. Side before self remember and I expect Kalvin, Raphinha and all the senior players to be really pulling together this week to try and ensure a bounce back next week against Wolves.

Tough times for the team/club at the moment so we all need to stick together, be united and work through it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  19. wakeybreakyheart

Indeed i would like that to happen. Not with cooper as captain though the soft twat.

southernwhite and ellandback like this.
  20. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately injuries and poor results now dictate that the Carabao Cup tie should be seen in a different context to what I was advocating only last week. Whilst it absolutely pains me to say it, we simply must rest/protect the key first teamers and give game time to the remainder of the squad and U23's.

It sucks, doesn't it ?

Doc and Gessa like this.