1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekender

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Worst performance ever under Bielsa and proves you cannot win games with over half the team being 2nd string. 4 Internationals not playing 6 first teamers not available and only kids on the bench. We were 2nd best everywhere and for me Roberts, Shackelton prove they are not good enough. Both had a chance to prove themselves and step up against a team below us. Struijk isnt as good as Koch at DM never mind trying to do Phillips job. Poor old Rodrigo never had a chance as we never gave any ball because we had no midfield and James and Harrison didnt do anything first half to provide anything in attack. A whole game with no shots on target. Shameful. We allowed them to play like us and win every ball with high press, we were shyte

2. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Don't think it's the worst ever. We played handful of games worse than this in the Championship. Its the worst since promotion by quite a distance though. Very worrying.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rodrigo had plenty of touches, sadly most were giving it away to the opposition. He has had a few chances up front now including against a second string Fulham team, he’s an utter waste of money mate

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

What was the point of any subs today. We started bad and ended bad and each sub made no difference because nobody improved and as a team everyone was shyt. Poor old Joffy and Summerville who never got a sniff and Forshaw got stuck in a bit but also got caught on the ball too often just like everyone else. What was the point of Raphinha and Kalvin travelling all the way down there? At least Bamford thought better of it. I can seeBielsa giving out a few fks on Monday, in fact he may have them all in tomoz.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this is Bielsas last season with us. I fully expect him to not renew for another year and as long as we stay out the bottom three maybe we do need a different approach if we’re to compete in the PL.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

But is there another prem team with 6 first team starters missing. Forget squad numbers but is there another team with over half of the regular starters missing? I know some will say Koch isnt a starter but he would have been today and some would say we should have played 3 at the back against 4-4-2 and we would have had struijk, Cooper and Llorente with Koch in front. We had shag all going forward from either Dallas or Shaks, we were overrun everywhere

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry mate although there are six injuries it’s not good enough. Me personally, I feel neither Koch or Struijk should play KPs role Struijk is slightly the better player for me so I disregard Kochs injury.

Ayling on last seasons form, yes he was missed but he has been poor, I’d still rather he was playing but it was in attack that we failed today.

Firpo I think has been very poor and disappointing, Dallas should have been more than adequate cover.

Bamford has missed a hatful of chances, we’ve all called for Rodrigo to be given a chance up front and without hindsight I’m sure we were all quietly pleased he was going to have a chance to oust Bamford.

Southampton sold or lost Wesley Hoedt, Angus Gunn, Danny Ings and Mario Lemina, they had a couple of injuries today too. There is a reason they haven’t won in what 10 games?

I think it’s reality time for us, we’re in for a scrap at the bottom. I know you had great hopes for this season but I did say for me there are too many “ifs” and three of those ifs were “If Rodrigo hits form” (he’s actually worse) If Bamford remains injury free and scores the same amount of goals and if Firpo is better than Alioski.. Raphinha isn’t injured, Bielsa decided not to play him.

Sadly to add to our woes Bielsa still insists on Roberts, Klich has continued his poor form and Harrison has joined him. We screwed up with throwing lots of money at wingers and nothing on the middle. Poveda, Costa, Harrison, James, Raphinha and the best one was too tired to be risked yet he was asked to travel to watch

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sorry Rich ut think you’re almost manic depressive this season. I know it aint been good but I think there are mitigating reasons, you dont. 2 opinions both valid and think by Xmas one of us will hold his hand up and say I was wrong, but lets wait and see. Bielsa hasnt hurt us in 4 years, so lets see

ristac likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Totally agree he was hopeless today. Surely the fee was made up. Orta has cost this club a lot of money. I have not forgotten all the money he spunked on u23s who were shyte. Tell you what stood out today and that's how slow a lot of our players are.

ristac likes this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I noticed a couple of times Dallas looked like he was running in quick sand.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As long as we avoid relegation I’m fine with it mate, I don’t expect to finish above last seasons position, we’ve made a few mistakes in the transfer market (but doesn’t everyone) and I accept where our limitations are. Sadly to push on higher there needs to be a lot of changes or an owner with billions to throw at it. I think it’s just very sad what the PL has become

Leedsoflondon and 2 pennth like this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

Bielsa made them good for two seasons. But it's over time to go

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Wakey is the first but wakey is our counterfactual contributor so expected, but I bet he wont be the last. I bet there are so many angry fans after that performance and when I compare it to last season when we lost I just shrugged my shoulders, we were safe months before the season was over. Last season we had 3 of our new signings out for weeks in fact all 3 were only available for half the season, but we had Struijk to step in and Dallas into the middle and Bamford was on fire. This season is worse due to injuries to key players who had big seasons last year. Ayling, Bamford and Phillips are huge losses. Losing Firpo hurts us too as more square pegs in round holes and Struijk isnt Phillips and missing Raphinha too you cannot cover for his absence. Surely things will pick up for next weekend. But the facts are having no senior second string doesnt work. Roberts was dire again, Forshaw added a bit of bite but nowhere near the player he was and then we expect kids to step up and change the game in 15 minutes, never on

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

To emphasise my previous post, heres exactly how Bielsa has made us feel. Its not just us fans its the city, the people, he has had a massive impact in all walks of life, and now some want to see him go
    18120379-9B63-4E79-9330-759BDD1E8FE0.jpeg

15. wakeybreakyheart

Very true and this season will not get better.

16. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

It has always looked like Dallas is running in quick sand, this is nothing new. He is just a poor player:emoticon-0148-yes:

17. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

18. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

What time is your curfew.:emoticon-0136-giggl

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  19. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

or, we get relegated, Bielsa leaves and we sell all our good players.<wah>

20. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member