1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by NostradEmus, Jan 29, 2022.

1. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

In Docs absence (hope everything is well mate) i thought I'd offer up a thread.

This weekend will be dominated by the transfer window that slams shut on Monday evening at 11pm in England and midnight in Scotland.

So far the signing of Mateo Joseph Fernandez for the 23's is the only signing so far with the most notable outgoing being Cody Drameh going out on loan to Cardiff.

Today's national sporting headlines are centred on West Ham submitting a bid for Leeds and Brazil star Raphinha. Numbers haven't been disclosed but some newspapers are suggesting West Ham have already had a bid rejected. Leeds are in advanced talks on a new contract but will the West Ham bid hamper that deal?

The deal for USA International midfielder Aaronson looks dead in the water.....for now. Aaronson is away on international duty and although the deal looks unlikely this window it sounds like Aaronson likes the move but is reluctant to leave his current club with the champions league games coming up. Could happen in the summer?

One deal that looks increasingly likely (and would make sense given the Dramah situation) is a 3-5 million deal for 18 yr old Aberdeen right back Calvin Ramsey. Bologna looked to be in the box seat but want a loan to buy deal. Aberdeen want cash and Leeds are willing. Man Utd and Leicester also watching with interest.

Rumours yesterday were that Leeds had enquired about Takumi Minamino from Liverpool. The enquiry was firmly rejected but Leeds are expected to go back. Is this Radrizzani trying to create a more global fan base by signing a Japanese player? He already tried with Ideguchi which didn't work out. Or would Minamino actually improve on Rodrigo, Klich, Roberts?

Interesting weekend coming up by the sounds of it despite the lack of games. Can we hold on to Raphinha or will we get anyone in? The Rodrigo to Barcelona deal? Brennan Johnson swap deal with Dramah and Greenwood in the summer? Summerville loan to Germany? Thoughts and concerns as usual.

My opinion is that Calvin Ramsey might be the only one in with Dramah making his move permanent in the summer.

Enjoy your windy weekend.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  2. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Frank Lampard offered Everton managerial job to replace Rafael Benitez

Irishshako and ristac like this.
  3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why and when did the tide turn against Drameh?

4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Dramah wanted to go, Bielsa hoped he'd stay but wouldn't stand in his way. Dramah now as a lot to prove, to himself and the club.

NostradEmus likes this.
  5. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Minamino looks a decent player and a utility forward, so I think he’d fit in the squad quite well.

However.

Liverpool sign him at 25 for 7.5m… which is squad filler money for them.

They don’t play him… even with injuries and African nations cup they favoured a 17/18 year old kid instead of him at arsenal last week.

Despite being of an age where his value will have peaked. His two years at Liverpool barely playing now make him a £20m player.

So I’m saying I’d be fine with him coming but not if we drop our trousers because he comes via Liverpool.

6. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Football would have been fun today
    upload_2022-1-29_10-58-49.png

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Emu <ok>

Morning all

Takumi Minamino I'm reading we have offered to take him on loan now with no purchase option

please log in to view this image

Fabrizio Romano
    @FabrizioRomano

Hamburg are among clubs interested in signing Leeds winger Crysencio Summerville. Negotiation on, Leeds will make a decision soon. #LUFC Leeds need to find a replacement to let Summerville leave in January - with Liverpool’s Minamino in the list [once Luís Diaz joins Reds].

leeds down south likes this.
  8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Augustin - The case is set to be heard on the 15th March but German news outlet Bild are reporting that Leeds have ‘almost no chance’ of overturning the decision. There is another sting in the tail too, Leipzig are after more money, claiming interest of 5% per year on the original transfer value. If the final judgement goes against Leeds, they will have to pay Leipzig in three instalments of just under £6 million with the first due within 45 days of the judgement. Should Leeds fail to make the payment they could have a transfer ban imposed upon them by FIFA.

-------------------------------------------
    I find this all a bit weird, I do feel we will have to stump up the cash but then how does that sit with the player, who should have been paying his wages? What happens to his registration, would we have a worthless asset?

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I understand that, but it seems Draheh went from being the next big thing to not good enough overnight. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it just seems that way.

xbpod and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

We should then be entitled to compensation for them loaning him out. I feel we will have to pay something and orta should be toast. But rads loves him even though he has wasted a lot of money.

ristac likes this.

11. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I think it's more the fact that we have many players out injured but he actively wanted to leave the club to get games at Cardiff. Bielsa didn't want him to go but Dramah still said he wanted to go.

I don't think it sat well with the club and it will be a long way back for him to get back in favour again. I'm not sure we will see him again at Leeds.

ristac, foolee and leeds down south like this.
  12. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Both ourselves and Leipzig agreed to waiver any registration rights to allow Augustin to move to another club to try and get fit and game time. If we have to pay any money to Leizpig, it has nothing to do with the transfer, it would be in respect of compensation to Leipzig, for breach of contract.

ristac likes this.
  13. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

With Drameh who knows. I understand why he went but the timing was crap . Question is: is his time up here now I think if Bielsa stays yes it is. If Bielsa bails out at the end of the season he could well be tempted back under a new backroom staff.
    I also think this is another reason why we are struggling to bring players in because if Bielsa is not committed for next season why would we bring in players he wants if he was to leave the doors in the summer?
    Its a strange one, but Bielsa is what he is.
    What do you say to possible new signings Hi I'm Marcelo Bielsa I want you to come play for me at Leeds but I'm not sure if I will be here next season.
    Surely the first question from possible new Players and their agents would be will you be here next season ? As I would love to play under you i like your style and I'm sure it will suit me. Not sign up and see him leave in the summer.
    Also it adds pressure to the board as they are shelling out cash on players a new backroom staff may not like.

FORZA LEEDS, ristac and foolee like this.
  14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Lets be honest. Leeds are just trying it on regarding Augustin.

They agreed by taking him on loan to pay Leipzig 18m if they got promoted by the end of the season.

Leeds knew they were in the ****, and through their lawyers have been working on a technicality!

15. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Yeah think it’s a difficult sell in an already difficult window. Minimino loan if Summerville goes would be ideal as we have a bit of cover at 10 from someone with energy and that’s played at 10 previously. Then go out and get Aaronson in the summer as 49s will like him regardless of Bielsa being there or not.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  16. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Plenty of villains get off on technicalities....why not us....psst wanna buy this Rembrandt

Gessa and ellandback like this.
  17. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

fat kev is a legend in his own lunchtime.yes we would own him but could we get him fit and less fat.

ristac likes this.
  18. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

FC Nantes have his registration, we agreed to waive any rights to ownership when he joined Nantes on a free transfer

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

He's registered to their second team who play in the fourth trier of French Football.

Aski likes this.
  20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Fat Frank has been offered the Toffee's position.

Irishshako likes this.