1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Fleetwood

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Aug 26, 2021.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Yes we could do with at least one more striker. But he needs to be of the same type.

Lowe could have brought on Garrick earlier and George Cooper too. The danger then would have been that we could have lost the point we had.

Absolutely excellent first 30 minutes. Silly goal given away which is a rarity now. Very much 2 points lost but onward and upward.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Talking of George Cooper....I notice he wasn't named on the bench today.....did he have a reaction after his few minutes the other night ?

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought we played well today without killing the game off. To go in at halftime was a bit of a travesty at 1 - 1. We deserved more but you have to score to get it. Second half was a bit more 50/50 but we even shaded that. Yes notdistant the Ref was rubbish once more. Ok he gave a card for a dive which may I add was blatant but he didn't stop the time wasting just like the other Refs this season and he blew sometimes for the most softest of touches. Mostly for Fleetwood. I fear a little bit for this season and some of the teams tactics. Fleetwood set out not to lose and they wasted time from almost the kick off. One minute of added in the first half was a joke. There were 2 goals for a start let alone all the rest of the slow play. The 4 minutes at the end of half 2 were equally a joke. There were 6 subs for a start so 4 minutes says there wasn't any other time wasted which there was. I reckon we were short changed about another 5 minutes in the match. I sit somewhere just about behind the shot Garrick had. It was in all the way until the last couple of yards. Somehow it seemed to rise and inch and hit the bar. What a goal of the season that would have been and it was a cracking effort. I have to agree though that today it was 2 points lost and Fleetwood were there for the taking if only we could have done.......................(fill in your own)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021