1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Fleetwood

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Aug 26, 2021.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So lets look at the scary facts of this one for reasons why we will get hammered. Firstly we have a Referee. Well the last time he was with us we lost 0 - 6 to Charlton. Oh no!! Secondly so far Fleetwood have played Portsmouth, Shef Wed and Lincoln with their win coming from the last game (they are on a roll) against Cheltenham. Not the push over you thought they were then eh! Then there is our lack of fit players, too few strikers and we play in green. One trick manager who can't sort out a plan B. Apart from all of that we should piss this one blindfolded.

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

.....and Lowe is promising us a new striker....and maybe two very soon.....I can feel Fleetwood trembling from here......I'd be more confident if we got a new tea lady selling doorstep chunks of bread with dripping ouzing all over it.....I use to love that as a teenager when the trolly came around in overtime.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Getting fed up with this Covid thing. I have tickets for Saturday and now my daughter has been sent home from work as one of her colleagues has tested positive.

She was due her 2nd vaccination today and if that had been a day earlier she wouldn't have needed to isolate. If she was a year younger she wouldn't have had to isolate. She's the only one in the workplace that does have to isolate!

We've all produced a negative lateral flow test and she's send off a PCR and antibody test. That may take 5 days to come back. Not helpful that considering she only has 9 days to go.

I have to have a conversation with the ticket office later to see if they can refund her ticket. Because of the negative tests the other 3 of us are entitled to go although we'll all test again on the day, or that's how I read the rules.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Unlucky all round there notDistant.....all buts and ifs.....but that is Covid ruling.

Mrs Plym and myself will be doing a seven day isolation in three weeks time a week before her hip-op is due.....but we will need to jump through various hoops before that date.....being done on the NHS by the same surgeon who did her other hip nine years back.....but he is doing it in a local private hospital....and it is their Covid rules that we have to fulfil.....pre-op testing....covid testing...and as I have already said seven days isolation before....then testing again.....we did see the surgeon a month ago at this hospital....and they wouldn't let me in the front door.

5. notDistantGreen

Well it gives you confidence she'll be safe Plym. Hope all goes well.

Have been given a credit note on my account for her ticket. Let's hope we can all pass another test before the game. None of us have symptoms of course and we comprise 2 x double vaccinated and 2x single vaccinated so no reason to think we won't.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The sad part is that you are being honest. I have absolutely no doubt that there will be people there who under the rules shouldn't be but they won't give a monkeys. These isolation rules are just plain stupid. If they are that paramount then you wouldn't have anyone exempt from them at any time. None of it makes sense.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

With 30,000 plus cases a day and averaging a 100 deaths a day.....something must be going wrong.....and with two more music festivals plus this bank holiday weekend to fuel the figures nothing is going to change soon.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Twice I have typed this and twice the electrics have gone off for about 30 seconds and wiped out my internet connection. Fingers crossed it doesn't go again.

Have you not realised what is happening yet? They cannot afford to continue with this close everything down stuff so they are simply letting it go and be damned. They make up rules as they go along with no particular goal set and they might as well have just let it run it's own course from the beginning given the amount of use any of their rules have been. Not just here but pretty much worldwide. We are not much better off now than when this all started so I think their attitude is if you die you die and hard cheese. You have to ask yourself was it worth ruining the economy for pretty much nothing when the loss of life has been enormous anyway. A complete waste of the last 18 months or so of life.

9. notDistantGreen

Actually I think we've erring on the side of caution. The club rules merely refer to having a negative test, which she can, and the Government rules say you shouldn't meet people indoors, which we've not.

But it's the right thing to do.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Grant, Galloway, Scarr, Gillesphey, Edwards, Broom, Houghton, Camara, Jephcott, Hardie.

Subs
    Burton, Garrick, Randell, Law, Craske, Mitchell, Shirley.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0...Hardie...21mins.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...Camps...35mins.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...H/T.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...F/T

Now that's disappointing.....another 2ps dropped at home.....Why do you wait until the 88th minute to bring two subs on......isn't that the act of a manager trying to run the clock down to hold on to a point.....we need a plan B.

Dropped down to 12th.

15. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Oh dear...carrying on from last season!

16. notDistantGreen

After the first 30 mins, Fleetwood had lost the will to live after a total battering from Argyle.

Perhaps the Argyle players like had me started to expect a cricket score. The CBs started to join in the attacks and then for some unfathomable reason, nobody picked up a runner coming through the centre of the box. Fleetwood scored with their first shot of the game with a simple slot-in from 6 yards.

Thereafter Fleetwood recovered some will and their no 9 made good progress by playing on Gillesphy. Is he the one playing on his wrong foot or is that Galloway?

The first half of the second 45 saw Fleetwood in the ascendancy just about, and you could see it going horribly wrong. After the substitutions Argyle got back on top and Garrick hit a curling thunderbolt which deserved a goal but smacked against the woodwork with the keeper rooted and slack jawed.

No doubt we were the better side but that mistake brought Fleetwood back from hhe dead.

Before Sensible says it, the ref had a good game but in the second, when Fleetwood started crumpling to the ground at the slightest breath of wind he lost the plot somewhat. However, in the 1st half he booked a Fleetwood player for a dive when if the gods were really against us we might have conceded a penalty. He then didn't spot a handball in the 2nd half which would have given us one, so perhaps its dishonour even.

Should have won, could have lost so I suppose I have to grudgingly take a point.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Reading around the question seems to be why not try something different when Fleetwood equalized and came more into the game.....I'm not sure if Lowe knows how to try something different to try and gain control again.....and what a pointless exercise to bring two subs on in the 88th minute....what chance does that give them to influence a game.....doesn't Lowe trust them not to cock things up.....we need more strikers so we do not overwork Jephcott and Hardie... they'll not last till Christmas at this rate....if not injured they'll end up knackered and not perform.

Okay I sound pessimistic as usual....but we are overworking certain players and that can bring injuries and a loss of form.....Lowe needs to get a plan B....he gets out thought by the opposition....that brought disaster last season and periods of succesive defeats.....things need to change.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the video.....Garrick looked good when he came on....unlucky with his shot off the crossbar.

19. notDistantGreen

Plan A worked beautifully for the first 30 minutes. We tortured them.

The game was about confidence. Fleetwood got a bit lucky- although the goal was a good one it really was their first attempt of any significance. For 30 minutes they revived, closed us down farther of the pitch until eventually we got the ascendancy back.

Our players are good enough (although we lack depth) and Plan A not only works when we do it well but it's beautiful to watch.

Plan B isn't needed. We just need to Plan A well for 90 minutes.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

But Plan A gets worked out at times....so you always needa a Plan B.....this is something Lowe has got to learn and learn quick.

Plan A can come unstuck when your strikers start to tire....but at the moment with Ennis injured we haven't got any other experienced strikers.....this was just as important as getting new defenders....which we've done.