1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic US PGA Golf

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by lamby, Jul 24, 2016.

1. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Ok Fusion here you go. Took all of 30 seconds. Lets see these stupendous tips.

smokethedeadbadger and OddDog like this.
  2. fusion

fusion Active Member

Out. Anyone over aged 45. Furyk, Mickelson etc.
    Out. Anyone who's won their first major this year and can't put 100% into this due to mental fatigue. Willett and Stenson.
    Very much in. Anyway not going to the Olympics next week in Brazil. McIlroy, Speith and Day.
    Therefore winner will come from Dustin 8-1, Day 8-1, McIlroy 8-1, Speith 10-1, Scott, Fowler, Rose, Bubba 25s. Sergio 33-1, Grace 40-1, Reed 40-1, Koepka 50-1 Kaymer 66-1. I have all of these in doubles and trebles over the last few weeks (as per my current avator as an example) so £600 plus winnings for any of the above golfers winning the USPGA.

3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I backed Jesus to be crucified, Brazil to win the 1958 world cup and a player with 2 arms to win the USPGA 2016 so I am fecking laaaaaarfing <laugh>

I'll get around to the avatar tomorrow <whistle>

4. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Just the 13 selections then

gazboy and Ste D like this.
  5. fusion

fusion Active Member

Yes and huge profits on all of these 13 if you've done what I've done on all the majors this year and backed them with horse bets etc. £800 winning on Dustin in US open and £600 on Stenson. Lost on Willett but he was a huge outsider. As long as one of the favs wins golf is one of the few sports you can gets big winnings as usually one of the top 10 or so win the majors.

6. redcat1

redcat1 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity fusion, how much have you lost already on this major due to the horse part not wining ? Understand if you'd rather not say,

7. stick

stick Bumper King

13 runners lol. You truly are full of ****.

8. fusion

fusion Active Member

About £80 spent on various £2.50 and £5 doubles so far. Lost about £40 and have about £40 currently riding on the top 13. As long as one of the favs comes in like in the open and us open all will be good once more. I'm about £1K up on the 3 majors so far so trust me it works. Dustin was 16s at the us open and Stenson 33s at the open. God knows what willet was at he masters - about 150s at the start I think. Lost on him but likelihood is someone under 66-1 will win USPGA.

redcat1 likes this.
  9. fusion

fusion Active Member

Changed my avator once more to show how I've got Justin Rose covered with a £2.50 bet double with Singeur the other day at Catterick. Got the top 13 covered. Trust me it works. The only way it won't work is if a complete outsider wins. That's happened to me twice in the last 8 majors. Zach Johnson last year and Willett this year. But I'm thousands up with this strategy. If you don't believe me try it. You've got 4 days left to get some good doubles etc.

10. fusion

fusion Active Member

Why? If it results in hundreds of pounds profit? There are about 130 golfers in these majors. I'm just picking 13 I think will win out of 130? Just as I've done in the previous 8 majors. Its like picking 1 horse in a 10 runner race. Its just a numbers game. Although clearly my 13 have a very good chance of producing the winner.

11. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

The top 10 have around 66% strike rate in golf's majors over the last 5 years so hardly bomb proof. The USGA throws up even more outsiders - Shaun Micheel, Rich Beem, David Toms, Jason Dufner, Keegan Bradley, Yang Yong and that's just this century. Good luck with it but not for me. Stenson was 28s before a ball was struck last week. I keep an eye out for his price because a few years back I decided he'd win a major and backed him in about 8 successive majors. He gave me a good run for my dough on a number of occasions and got me some decent place money but I decided he didn't have what it took on the back 9 on day 4 so binned him off. Wrong! Imagine picking a 28/1 winner and then doubling up with the wrong horse!

hammersmith junior likes this.
  12. stick

stick Bumper King

You hardly ever put a winning horse on here so you must be doing hundreds of these bets to get 13 players covered come tee off time. You had another big big loser today!
    Along come Zachary Johnson and Danny Willett and you get blown out of the water. It's a hugely flawed betting plan and one that you are either deluded about or economical with the truth about.
    In short, I don't believe you!

13. fusion

fusion Active Member

Agree the USPGA throws up some outsiders but think this year a favourite will win as can't believe they brought this tournament forward for the Olympics and now all the top stars have sverved it.

14. the don

the don Well-Known Member

This makes no sense.... say if you doubled all your 13 with Librisa Breeze of course you've got alot of golfers running for you at 8/9 times their price which would be great and yes its more likely the shorter golfers in the market have the best chance of winning - thats why theyre a low price.
    If LB had lost you would have lost 13 times your stake.
    You'd make the same having won on LB then placing singles with the winnings (ie 8/9 times the stake). The odds represent the risk so ultimately you're saying getting 2 winning bets is better than 1 which is fairly obvious.

15. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

They say the course is really set up for the monster hitters and it finishes with 2 par 5s I believe. I'll be doing some research before I wager any, but you definitely want length of the tee.

16. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Fusion, FYI Willett was 60/1 for the Masters beforehand. Good luck to you if your approach works for you. We all have different betting plans. What seems mad to one, could work for another etc.

Talal El likes this.
  17. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

I'd a similar bet, Oddy, but I backed a round robin...Lazarus to come back from the dead before Jesus did it. Foinavon to win the '67 Grand National by a distance. And Elton John to give birth out of his backside. Can't wait to collect my winnings when Elton gets round to it! <laugh>

OddDog and rudebwoy like this.
  18. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Im gona start playing roulette in the bookies! 37 numbers see if I use "The Fusion Factor" and back 36 numbers can I brag about monster profits too <laugh>

Quick question you took 1 horse in a field of 24 and doubled it with 13 players in a golf tourney Im gona ask the Mrs if she gets the logic!

19. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

20. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Just had the reply from Mrs Gazboy: