1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic UK / EU Future

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

ComRes

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have a PM box full of comments from people who no longer contribute, not because of the views expressed, but the manner in which they are. Some have explained how they have put forward their views in a thoughtful post, only to have them ridiculed rather than a reasoned response as to why they differ. People do not like it when their posts are dismissed with slogans, or worse still when they are made to feel that because they see things differently they can be ridiculed. This is nothing new, it was going on before I became a moderator, but the message was always the same, treat others with respect and it will be returned. Ridicule others and you should expect it to be returned. There are a diversity of views here as you would expect when a group of people from differing backgrounds come together, but they are very far apart in political beliefs, so to try and lump them all together is quite wrong.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  3. superhorns

4. superhorns

The problem is a particular group dominates which does deter alternative views being expressed. New posters that dare to post right of centre or pro Brexit are soon abused, so they leave just as quickly.

5. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Who says that is the problem? Evidence please? Because actually we are pretty amiable people.. Posting and chatting with others in a variety of issues in different threads.
    You are the only one who doesn't participate on the other threads..
    You have to take responsibility for your behaviour..

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

6. superhorns

It is blatantly untrue I do not post on other threads.

7. yorkshirehornet

We can all see your posting history on your membership profile.
    Fez did a count up and posted earlier and did the analysis which I am sure you read and did not dispute.
    You rarely post on the other threads. It made for a long time wonder if you were not a Luton supporter in disguise.
    Why join a Watford message board when all you seek to do is post over 90% on the political threads...?

8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

There is nothing to prevent anyone from expressing what they feel, and there is no way that I or anyone else can check where someone stands in the political spectrum before allowing them to contribute. Because the majority of people here have come to the conclusion that Brexit is bad is possibly down to the fact they wish to join with people who frequently display that they have a concern for others. Read the comments across the whole site and you will see what I mean. Brexit has been a disaster in as much as it has torn the country, families and forums apart.

9. superhorns

So your previous comment was clearly untrue. You really do revel in aggravation.

10. superhorns

Brexit had a majority in the UK during the official referendum. To have so few daring to post on this forum is unnatural, the aggression from remainers and /or those well to the left keeps it that way.

11. yorkshirehornet

You are aggravating... what I said was you are the only one of the posters in these threads who does not post on the other threads, I should have said.. rarely..
    But there was zero attempt at aggravation on my part.. Just pointing out what I have noticed. You purport to be a Watford supporter and, virtually, your only interest in here is to post political posts which in the main are divisive and often denigrate others..
    You really can't deflect this.... It is fact

12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

You will not accept that you can possibly be wrong. Six years ago you managed to upset someone with your boasting. Has it ever crossed your mind that people who support Watford are not Brexit fans. Watford after all has a Liberal council. At the last election they received 44% of the vote, against 21% for the Tories.

13. yorkshirehornet

Every pub has its own clientèle.. You can't artificially create it manipulate in that way

14. superhorns

I would expect roughly a half are Brexit supporters with more than half to the right of centre. What you cannot explain away is the complete absence of these two groups on this forum.
    It was not so long ago you were firmly criticised by others for your biased moderating.

We have been through this charade from the clique many times.

15. yorkshirehornet

In the old days, football [emoji460] was a working class game too. Football supporters voted Labour in the main.. [emoji464] Rugby supporters tended to be middle class and voted Tory.
    No one can socially engineer what should be the balance on any thread.
    I only ask that people post respectfully and don't denigrate others or their views (e. g. Wet, whinging, Macron boy, nazi, etc etc)

16. superhorns

Have you told yourself off yet?

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Yes I accept that I have had some adverse comments, but most of them have been private, and all of those have been because I have resisted imposing a ban on you, some of whom never contribute to the political threads.

18. superhorns

The clique flexing its muscles.

I was referring to those openly criticising you about your conduct as a moderator.

19. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

You didn't read that I said that some wanted me to give you a ban from outside the people that you describe as the clique. Just normal posters who like football, contribute to the forum, but do not wish to discuss your views.

20. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Like who for example ? The only criticism I may have is that you have been on several supposed 'last warnings' yet nothing happens as a result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.