1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

UEFA Final, laugh, I almost cried.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, May 24, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

If you tried really hard, it's possible you MIGHT choose a worse place than Baku, though not likely.
    Even the Sponsers are returning tickets.
    Though I was never likely to go from Melbourne, I feel for the supporters who now can't see their team play a potentially important game for both Clubs. For Sarri and his and our immediate future, for Arsenal and their CL hopes. All played out in some far away land in an empty stadium. It's official, it's a **** up, and it's a big one.

What do we think of Lampard replacing Sarri ??
    Might be too early, then again, might be a master stroke.
    On the one hand, would love to see it, on the other would love to see it in 2 years.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  2. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I was considering going to the final. I live in Dubai so the flight is direct. Still a 5 hour journey though. Baku is supposed to be a hell of a night out but you still need a visa.
    I was under the impression if you were part of Europe you didn’t need a visa to travel to those countries (the UK excluded)?
    Either way the final will be a damp squib. No atmosphere and difficult for both teams to get up for it. I hope we bring it back though.

As for Sarri, give him another year and some time with our youngsters. You can’t tell me that we don’t have the talent their to mould in the way he wants to play!

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You'll lose.

So probably saved you all a wasted trip. You should be grateful.

Bodinki likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

5. The Ginger Marks

Had you had been good enough you probably had written to all and sundry complaing et al... But wait!

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You want to try that again in English fella?

7. The Ginger Marks

Sorry, are you Welsh?

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Was that you translating in English?

The answer is no. Not sure what it has to do with this thread though.

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this game. There's a trophy to be won, so everyone should be up for this. Sarri and Hazard gone by the weekend I reckon. Up the Chels!

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yea a nice end to my wednesday evening.

Saying that barkley, jorginho, kovacic fills me with nightmares

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

This team seriously lacks goals, Arsenal have 2 in form and decent strikers. I know where I'd be putting my money. Plus their managers has a great record in this comp and our manager has won the same amount of trophies as any of us.

If we win it'll be because Hazard, once again, pulls us through. If he's kept quiet, we lose.

Heart says 2-1 Chelsea, head says 2-0 Arsenal.

BobbyD likes this.
  12. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I think it will be a 1-1 draw, going to penalties. From then on, it's anyone's guess.

13. Blueman

Pissed it 2nd half. Another trophy in the bag. Up the Chels!

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

really enjoyed that.

Thanks Eden for the wonderful years we've had.

Must give huge credit to giroud and pedro and luiz who kept us in it and got things rolling

Treble and Blueman like this.
  15. Blueman

Thought Christensen was excellent and Kovacic too.

Gareth1808 and BobbyD like this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well done lads, I didn't think you'd win but fair play, your win was fully deserved <ok>

Bastards! <grr>

Blueman and The Ginger Marks like this.
  17. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Terrible game 1st half, with all our seasons' bad characteristics on display. Second half we really sparked up with Hazard brilliance, Luiz steadiness and a far more attacking attitude. Arsenal were dreadful all game and are in real trouble. Good win, and can't help thinking it was a great summary of our season.
    A run through the team suggests that there are no goals in our midfield 3, and Kante is wasted. Jorghino is not the Regista we need, and Kovacic all effort and little result. Much more power speed and running attack is needed here. Dave looks to be struggling, Christensen has not really improved, Luiz is needed for his experience and Emerson is not quite good enough. Collectively they are OK but would like to see more attacking variety from them. Giroud looks slow and lazy for much of the time , then a couple of flashes of brilliance shows why he needs to be kept.That said he gets sweet FA from the midfield. Pedro is a clever professional, though on his last hurrah. Willian for mine is the one of those 2 we could lose. Then Hazard. He does virtually all the attacking himself.He is not replaceable, which means we must need to look for players within the squad who do have goals in them. Congrats to Sarri on his 1st trophy.
    It was the players themselves, led by Hazard, Luiz and Giroud who took matters into their hands and started to run rather than play the slow monotonous passing game of the 1st half.
    I hope Sarri now goes to Juve, and we start next season with a clean slate and a manager prepared to better use the experience and exceptional potential in our squad to turn us into a team for the future within 2 years.
    Keeping too many of the old squad, and keeping back the up and coming players will, in my opinion be the wrong way forward.

The Ides of March likes this.
  18. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Even first half an hour. and great control by Chelsea in that period letting Arsenal expend a lot of energy on a hot evening there. Second half was just brilliant. I am not Chelsea´s biggest fan, but tonight it was easy to love them. Biggest difference between the teams being Chelsea moving the ball quicker, having a centre back pairing who knew how to defend and having the big characters on the pitch - David Luiz, Kante, Hazard and Giroud. As for Arsenal , despite all the experience running through that team, they were spineless.

19. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

A few of our “steady” players seemed to step it up tonight. Easily Kovacic best game for us, ran the game. Best I’ve seen Christensen play too and even Lulz looked like he knew how to defend tonight. Full Backs were much better going forward, Emerson getting better the more he plays.

Very worried about next season whoever the manager is, Hazard has carried us for years but looks like he’s off and with a transfer ban our squad will be even further away from the top 2.

I’d keep Sarri, deserves another year, couldn’t have given us anymore really but I expect if Juve want him they’ll get him.

20. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

You do have the incoming player from Dortmund, although he might not be at Hazard´s level. Then when they have recovered from their injuries, Odoi and Loftus-Cheek plus the returning Tammy Abraham and Zouma. I would not feel too despondent. There is talent there, unquestionably.

Blueman likes this.