1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

UEFA Final, laugh, I almost cried.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, May 24, 2019.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Well well well, didn't see that coming.

Arsenal were tactically better first 30 minutes or so and could have scored with better crosses from the full backs.

But we were excellent for the 30 minutes or so after the restart. Heroes all over the pitch and especially Hazard with 2 goals and an assist. Frightening how we will cope without him but today is not the day to worry about it.

All ends up, this has now been a very good season. Another trophy and C.L for next season. We've basically had a better season than whoever loses Saturday and every other team bar City.

Should Sarri stay or go I guess is the next question. He deserves another year but I wonder whether it'll suit all parties for him to go on a high if Juve come calling.

Either way, I wish him well. He was on the verge of the sack back in February and has turned it around these last few weeks.

All seems right in the world :)

The Ides of March and BobbyD like this.
  2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I really like sarri. He's a proper gent even though i don't agree with him tactically.

The booing of him was shameful and i think he's been treated pretty shodilly.

In a way it might be best for him to go even though he deserves another season. I think he will do well with us with time and wherever he goes but with a transfer ban and pretty much the same bunch of players minus hazard, i can't see us bettering this season and seeing the animosity from the fans i can't see him lasting next season

3. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Was there only two points difference between the two teams? There was a chasm between what looked like a team that should reach the knockout phases of the CL next season, maybe even the latter stages and one that looks unlikely to reach a EL final for quite a few seasons. Hope I am wrong about the latter but that is what I saw before my eyes last night.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think Arsenal are lacking real leaders. They have some good players but mentally fragile. Last night their heads went as soon as it got to 2-0. They did create chances after that point but could have conceded a hat full as well. Keeping Ozil on silly money and letting Ramsay go looks utter madness. Ramsay if fit would have made Jorginho's night a lot harder.

5. The Ides of March

You guys had the dominant players in all the key áreas. Giroud looked menacing all night.

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Really pleased for Giroud. I think his relatively average goal stats have given a false perception of how useful he is as a target man. Now having won the world cup and Europa in 10 months, he's now getting some recognition. The pass for Hazard's goal last night was unselfish and class. Glad he's staying. Seems like a nice bloke too.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  7. The Ginger Marks

No ones going to be a hazard are they so a pretty much stupid post Matt.

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

They won't be a Hazard and we can't replace him. We should now concentrate on the team aspect, as opposed to relying on one player. I remember when Liverpool sold Coutinho and Suarez and everyone thought the end was nigh for them. We can't replace Hazard, and shouldn't even try.

9. The Ides of March

Ugh? If you are going to participate in a discussion, at least make it constructive.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Aren't you a glass half empty guy at the moment ginge! <laugh>
    We were never going to have someone come straight in and be at Hazards level, not without spending £150m.
    Pulisic may be very good, we'll have to wait and see.
    It is what it is. I think the ban will be lifted by CAS until the appeal hearing anyway

11. The Ginger Marks

Apologies, alcohol assisted post. <laugh>

12. The Ides of March

Don´t worry!!! Have a great weekend!!!

13. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

What made my weekend was the streaker disrupting the Spuds v Scouser Champions’ League Final. A bird more fit than Bodinki’s current avatar.

The Ides of March likes this.
  14. The Ides of March

As both clubs have emblems of the aves species, I suppose it was appropriate.