1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Uber

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, Sep 30, 2015.

1. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Global trends on hourly rates … why do you think the UK is allowing so many people in to do the jobs we don't want to do?

1. They are better than us at doing the jobs
    2. Better work ethic
    3. Technology

I send out all my art working tasks to India to people who work for £6 a hour and charge my clients £96 a hour. They are superb
    We are now moving everything to South Africa now as they are prepared to do it for £4 a hour and we put our prices up to £104 a hour to pay for the move
    I am paid £50K less than i was 7 years ago

But it's enough … what the UK is coming to terms what is enough?

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's all work for peanuts...

3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Your post is precisely what non third world countries are experiencing and I think it is wrong.
    It can only do damage.
    Local businesses are closing down because work is being shipped off shore for much cheaper rates.

I / we, can't lower our rates cause we endeavour to lead a normal life ( not splashing the cash ) but pay off a house and so on, SO, how can we compete with someone in a third world country who lives in squalor or alike and works for little dollars as you say ................. fact is we can't and shouldn't have to.

Your short term gain will come back to bite you when your children or alike, are unemployed, living with you until they are old and you even older, cause all the jobs that they would have gone for in the past, have been cut cause all the work has been shipped off shore.

There is nothing left at home........................... a very sad and happening situation that is present, now.

4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I don't think anyone is saying that but what's the alternative? If someone can do the same job for half the price, or 75% as good a job for 50% of the price, you'd be mad as a consumer to not go with it.

5. Sooperhoop

As I said in a previous post, it is a race to the bottom. Cutting prices to the point where competition is forced out of business leads to a monopoly which then brings price increases with no competition. By all means have low prices but with a level playing field, from which the customer can assess the value for money. This is not the case at present with Uber...

6. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

The circle that can't be squared is that we all want the best rates for ourselves for what we do and yet at the same time we demand the right to hunt down the cheapest price for the services we require. We can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

7. Bwood_Ranger

If that's the case, and I'm not totally sure it is, should the consumer care?

My point wasn't about Uber specifically but if an Uber can get you from A to B far cheaper than a black cab, whose rates are determined by TfL I believe, isn't the onus on TfL to compete?

8. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Within reason, providing there is no drop in standards for both the operator, driver and for the client.
    Normally, a general rule of thumb .................. a cheaper price, a drop in standard / service and or product.

9. Bwood_Ranger

Unless the more expensive option was taking the piss a bit with their rate due to a dominant position in the market.

10. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Lads agreed but that is the way of the world and I am working furiously to get off it … I like the fact that Sundays and Mondays in the part of France I have chosen shops are still closed. The UK has sold out and sold everything … In fact all that be mains is one big shop and It's on a knife edge my friends … One diesel srike could break a company in the UK. The local people of London are being socially engineered out of London to attract the world's better off people … It's disgusting

Havens will be found in rural areas but they will still need the cities.

Cabbies transport people and there won't be a shortage of them but expect a price war same as everything in the UK
    Cut to the bone and irreversable
    The top earners will employ their own car and drivers … big growth area … personal staff, bodyguards, gardeners, Cleaners

We have a Polish cleaner in fact had three … superb human beings and brilliant at the job … Number 3 is planning to do the same as the first two … having made their money they are returning to Poland or even buying houses in London now and employing cleaners of their own … Good skills i say and the English didn't see it coming and are left to do what … Moan

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015

11. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Indeed you are Stan. What is quite bizarre is that I didn't post that. In fact I haven't even logged on or been on here since last Friday due to a variety of circumstances, I wouldn't have known a thing about it if I didn't receive a notification that you quoted my post. Which is even more intriguing as you didn't even quote it. Very strange.

I've just had a look, the last time I was on here was on this page last Thursday when I responded to one of your posts. Weird or what?

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Ghost in the machine!!!!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Is that another one of yours

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It'll be in the box set, out for Christmas.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Any on there I can put on the Xmas mucic thread

16. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

News Today, now over 30,000 registered Uber drivers in NYC

17. Bwood_Ranger

Is that a lot?

18. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot to me and it was just on the news. How many black cab drivers in London, any idea?

19. Bwood_Ranger

None at all. A minicab driver told me the number of new cab licences per month in London and it was a huge number. Can't remember what it was now but thousands.

20. Sooperhoop

There's around 20,000 Black Taxi drivers in London, 15,000 Uber drivers...