1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Window - Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Today’s Fulham Twitter Search has thrown up a few interesting bits .....

Jesse Joronen who I think we realeased a few years ago has just signed for Serie A Brescia for £5 million Euros

Villa apparently join the race for Brentford’s Konsa

Sporting Lisbon winger Cabrel who we were linked with earlier in the window was spotted by a fulham fan in Westfield, the selfie pic does look genuine! My only reservation is why wouldn’t he meet up with us in Portugal unless he’s having his medical over here!

2. Cookie-6262

Just met Jovane Cabral in Westfields shopping centre. Said he can’t wait to get started for Fulham and loves the ambitions of the club #FFC #COYW

This was the tweet but along with a pic of the Fulham with Cabrel in the Westfield Centre... like I say the pic does look legit

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Aston Villa confirm the signing of defender Ezri Konsa from Brentford on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.
    Another rumor dismissed.

4. Cookie-6262

Rumours that a signing will be announced tonight! If true likely to Cabrel

5. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Looks like Cavaleiro is a done deal!

Loan with an option to buy.

6. 2whitestripes

He looks the part, a replacement for Sees perhaps ............

7. Cookie-6262

Cavaleiro was the one I was hoping for... Wolves fans going crazy about it, they are saying he was there best player in the promotion season with 11 goals and 15 assists from the wing!!!

Although he still needs to pass the Fulham medical

8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Cavaleiro would be a very good signing, in a position of need.

I'm a bit concerned that we still seem to have no plan at CB. Did we pass on Janssen because we thought we could compete for Konsa? Because that would be a big oversight.

9. Cookie-6262

I’m hoping we have missed out on these centre backs because we are getting Hector, for me the best option of all the linked centre backs... Pacey, good championship experience, player of the season last year, right footed.

10. 2whitestripes

Fulham are considering a £15 million deal to sign Brighton and Hove Albion winger Anthony Knockaert, a name I suggested when he left Leicester.
    We could be looking at Mitrovic, Cavalerio and Knockaert as the spear head of our attack, it would be awesome.
    Knockaert is a skillful and grafter too, tackles all over the pitch, but sometimes a bit over dramatic.

11. Cookie-6262

We are obviously after wingers with Cavaleiro expected to sign and reports linking Knockeart, Cabrel and Bescic.... think it means Sessegnon is close to being sold... I would love a long shot of Spurs not putting a bid in and Sess impressed by Mitro Cairney staying plus Cavaleiro decides to stay!

12. Fabulous Fabio

Is Sess not out of contract next summer anyway? He won't be signing a new contract if reports are true so it may be a case of sell him now or lose him for next to nothing in the summer, similar to Dembele a few years ago.

I think with any sale it could be likely we could request a loan back for the season. No matter who he signs for I cant see him breaking into any of the top teams straight away, another year with us would do him no harm.

13. 2whitestripes

The Spuds have done so with Jack Clark of Leeds, perhaps we may get a fee as part of the deal, if not at least we have our Sess for the season.

14. 2whitestripes

I've just seen that Lucas Piazon is looking for a loan deal this year, I wonder if we will have an interest?
    Also see connections with Harry Arter again, it would be good to get him on board.
    Lastly another possibility is Mo Besic from Everton,he was with Middlesborough last season n loan.
    A busy day on the rumor front!

15. Fabulous Fabio

Liking the sound of a lot of the players we are being linked with, almost all of them have Championship experience which I think is important in this league. In past seasons we've signed some good quality players but not always players with experience of the country or the league and just needing to hope they can adapt quickly enough which hasn't always worked out.

If we can get players like Besic, Knockaert and Cavaleiro(who looks as good as a done deal) these players can hit the ground running and know what to expect from this league, its a long hard season.

2whitestripes likes this.
  16. Cookie-6262

I know a back up striker and a new right back would be nice but if after signing Cavaleiro I was offered.... Sess and Seri out - Arter and Hector in and that’s it for the window I would snap your hand off!!

17. Cookie-6262

Latest update from Twittersphere..... Harry Arter follows two football clubs on Twitter Bournemouth and Cardiff.... as of 15 minutes ago make it three he is following Fulham!! Probably nothing but you never know!

18. Cookie-6262

According to Sky Fulham are in talks with Bristol City for Callum O’Dowda, I don’t know much about him other than he is a left footed left sided player. We obviously still after another wide player to replace Sess as we are being linked with so many. Bristol apparently want £8 million but we value him him a lot less.

19. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

There is logic to it - he played with Joe Bryan for two seasons and they combined pretty well in an exciting Bristol City team. However I am little concerned that he's a Ben Pringle, looking good in a team where he's a star and could get lost in the shuffle in a team including the likes of Mitro & Cairney.

20. Cookie-6262

A lot of reports that the Sessegnon to Spurs deal is close and the only hold up is we are trying to get a player coming our way as part of the deal. Spurs also sold Trippier for £22 million yesterday which may help the Sess deal.

Callum O’Dowda’s father had started to follow the Fulham twitter account and a few of the players but yesterday apparently unfollowed them. Deal Off? Or maybe he just realised he was being premature! A few people speculating that our interest in O’Dowda was possibly to hurry up Knockeart decision as Brighton have told him it’s up to him if he wants to come to us or not!