1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

Just think like this.

Milner leaves at end of season. That's 140k right there available.

Midfield of fabinho, Henderson, Jones, Elliott, thiago, keita, ox (7 players for 3 slots) no need to replace milner, rather we need to replace ox and keita. Jones and elliot are decent enough. But ox and keita are on 120k

Salah is already on 200k.

I reckon 350k is more than doable right now to retain him even if the squad is slightly smaller.

Neco and tsimikas are good enough for full back slots as they improve and compete.

Milner should be proud we need 4 players to replace him lol

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I won't be moaning.

3. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Similar was said before losing Owen, Torres, Suarez, Coutinho...

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Players come and go. Always will.

5. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

At the moment there is nobody to replace Mo,Coutinho was nowhere near as important as Mo is to us today,Torres was done and couldn't give a **** about Owen and Suarez was never going to stay.Mo has said he wants to finish his playing days at Liverpool and that was on YouTube this morning from his own lips .:emoticon-0105-wink:

Bumps and johnsonsbaby like this.
  6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

As good as he is, no player is bigger than the club. Yeah, we want him to stay but not at the expense of our wage structure and risk of rocking the boat.

7. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

Need to take advantage of all this ‘best in the world’ narrative and market better, up the wage but milk the asset

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Just to note. Best case you might get 4 more good years from mo after this one.

We have him locked down for 1 more season after this

Really no matter what we think or thought of Keegan, dalglish, rush, Fowler, owen, torres, suarez, mo.. they come and they go. Time waits for no player.

Yes get him signed but he will age out and get a season where hes not worth the massive contract but you shrug and say ok.

9. moreinjuredthanowen

How about "distressed assets" discussion.

Would any of you think about winks or alli as players who spurs might just think they need shut of?

I know levy is an unmitigated **** and he will want a pound of flesh but in the end they are staring at no cl again this season on all probability so at some point you wonder what can be robbed easily.

Alli is a guy who's gone so badly you wonder about his attitude etc but we will see.

In a similar vein arsenal are also staring at a complete rebuild again and huge amount of young players. Would you go in for martinelli who never gets his game? Could be cheap and klopp like him.

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.
  10. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

as long as the player ‘fits’ our style, fine with me. Some players just don’t fit some clubs or managers style. Salah did not fit Mourinho’s Chelsea. Nor did KdB or Lukaku <laugh>. He also ruined Ali I believe lol.

Bumps likes this.

11. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Dear God no
    Winks at best is just passable
    Alli just doesn't seem very interested in football anymore .

12. saintKlopp

Who really knew Salah would be as good as he is when we bought him? Out there somewhere is the next Mo Salah waiting to step into the limelight. As we've said before we run the risk of wrecking our wage structure for the foreseeable future, I think the club might just see this as too short-term a view.
    In my view it's just as big a risk tying up a large proportion of your budget on one player as letting him go and having to find a replacement. He could be injured, or his form could drop, who knows?.
    I remember the same "give him what he wants" comments about Coutinho. I disagreed then too, though I do think Salah is a far more important player to us now than Coutinho ever was.
    I want to see him stay. I hope we offer him a deal worth his value to us, but not fold to excessive demands which, after all, will be more his agent's doing than his.
    What I don't like to read is the "it's out of my hands" comments from him, putting the onus on the club to satisfy his demands. Of course we don't know what offer is on the table, but he is equally responsible for reaching an agreement that is acceptable to both parties.

Zanjinho, Bumps, organic red and 2 others like this.
  13. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

There’s obviously a limit on what we can afford and tbh we don’t know the numbers so hard to judge. Just think right now the guy is best in the world and not giving him a contract now is a statement that we maybe aren’t one of the elite. What does that say to players like vvd, alisson?

Also don’t forget the amount of money he prob brings in from shirt sales in Egypt. Especially given our deal with Nike gives us a % of money for each sale.

He’s an attraction to help bring other players in. Players will want to join to play with him, younger players will learn from him. More to having him in the squad than just his performance on the pitch

Zorba and SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING like this.
  14. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Unpopular opinion but I would sell him
    He has been fantastic
    But I think now would be a great time to get max value
    I would not sell him to another English club but sadly we appear to be the stupidest with money

Zanjinho likes this.
  15. saintKlopp

I'm not sure what you mean by this. We are currently elite in the sense of quality, but will quite simply never compete with some others in the sense of budgetary outlay while we have the current owners. So what does it say to Virgil or Ali if we give one player a massively bigger slice of the pie than they? Or to prospective new players if we can't afford to give them more than a fraction of what Mo is on.
    Much as I think he's amazing right now, no player is bigger than the club, so the long-term prospects are the thing that counts in the end.
    Tbh, I think we all fully appreciate the pros and cons of the situation, it just comes down to personal opinion as to which option we think is best.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

Imo on salah, yes there's always someone different out there coming up.

Yes he will age out.

We gave coutinho everything he wanted but he still wanted to leave.

The contract is about buying length of tenure at minimum outlay so we can maximise sell on if someone does try to buy a player.

If he were 26 not 29 I'd fall over to offer the right deal.

The reality for lfc is mbappe to real triggers a deluge of moves imo.

real Madrid then have a galactico
    Psg suddenly have a gap, would they need to buy salah just to show politically they are relevant

Barca can't afford anyone but will try all sort anyway.

Bayern and Chelsea are queuing up for haaland.

17. saintKlopp

I don't think we (by we I mean FSG) are stupid with money - I think we just operate on a tight budget with little or no input beyond that generated by football and marketing.

Zanjinho and Bumps like this.
  18. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Sorry no I meant the English prem clubs generally piss money away
    Not us <cheers>
    Atm but we have done in the past

saintKlopp likes this.
  19. saintKlopp

Ah, you meant wasteful? I think I misunderstood.
    Yeah, we've bought a lot of dross in the past, but in the Klopp/Edwards era we've been fairly sound. Mistakes will always be made, you can never predict for sure how a player will turn out. There's a Keita for every Salah. :)

Zorba and Bumps like this.
  20. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

If you start selling your best players, doesn’t look great to the other players at the club. Maybe signals that you don’t feel like your a top club who will challenge for all the major trophies.

Tbh can’t see other players moaning too much if the best player is paid the most money. I’d imagine they would rather he earn more money and still be at the club, than lose him

Zorba and Bumps like this.