1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

sure, makes sense but equally you take what is available. if he joined LFC then he needs to think his route to the top with us. the money will be good but what other real option does he have.

For example: Dortmund made a net income of last summer. Now they have issues with debts on covid but thats a healthy situation. Haaland is to leave sometime but they don't know when. They signed malen already so have a potential replacement. would dortmund bid in january to get him for 40mil knowing theres a huge wad of cash coming next summer OR wil lthey try hold haaland for another year?

Bayern: always looking for the more proven option. They were wanting to move Lewandowski on but he's scoring for fun. certinyl there is a gap here to be filled and bayern might look to haaland to do it.

But what about us? zero net spend last summer, is 40mil beyond us in january? IMO the time to try is now or never. He will be a 100mil player the day he steps foot in dortmund or our club. the only time to buy for value is this next window.

Now where would he fit in?

a) we have no real competition in his age group so he is straight to first team squad.
    b) he is a centre forward and can fill in wide. This makes sense for us as jota is really a wide left forward and mane can player either side. means he would be back up to firmino straight away IMO.
    c) he doesn't compete with minamino for the "i have no idea where i play role"
    d) origi is playing for a new club in the league cup. His contract is up in july next year so he is out and available for a deal in January to anyone.

Everything "outside" the club tells me this is a nice deal at the right time and right money if LFC wanted to try. only time will tell if we are in any way interested.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

nah. right age but too expensive unless leeds go down and frankly he would be a salah replacement not a addition (IMO)

if we were to go for someone next window imo they need to fill in another gap.

A forward line in 3 years of jota, Adeyemi and raphinha would be nice of course but things need to happen to make it possible, one of which is salah big money transfer.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  3. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Mbappe, on a free, in the summer...

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'd much prefer Felix but he'd cost even more

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  5. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

or Lemar - both tied down to long deals. Atletico have been excellent in the transfer market last few years.

6. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Looking just at nationality and the issues we've had with the Brazilians in terms of travel and the Brazilian FA etc. I'd say Felix over Raphina.

Zanjinho likes this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

Salah has basically said just put the contract in front of him now and it's done.

They know what he wants, they have to make the offer required to balance that with what they can afford.

4 years with massive incentive clauses for goals etc is probably the right deal.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  8. johnsonsbaby

I say give him whatever he wants.

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

Even robbing the bank with mask on <laugh>.

10. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

With you on that la.

11. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

But I also agree with the baby. What can we afford realistically?

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Giving MO Salah what he wants is not the question, but we are going to lay down a precedent.

saintKlopp and Zorba like this.
  13. johnsonsbaby

<laugh> Your mind works in mysterious ways.

Zanjinho likes this.
  14. johnsonsbaby

I think he's asking for £400k . I'd say that's doable.

15. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

based on what? If it means that we can’t afford any transfers in Jan? Or the summer? That extra £150-£200k per week is 2 decent players.
    I hope we can do it but only the financial team at the club know the impact.

saintKlopp likes this.
  16. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

But then at same time, lose Salah and replace him with 2 other players, do we improve?

johnsonsbaby and Zorba like this.
  17. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Who's gonna replace Mo in terms of goal scoring if he was to go? At the moment he's worth his weight in gold and I think looking at his physique / not injury prone he's got a few good years in him yet.

18. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

My point is that will those that are saying ‘give him what he wants’, which I agree with btw, be the same who moan when we can’t afford new signings. There are implications to £400k/week <ok>

19. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Yup it’s a tough one. Thing is, he’s a draw in terms of players and fans as well so more benefit than just his output on the pitch as well.

Guys world class atm, best player in the world. I think we have to put a marker down and say we are one of the elite, we don’t lose top talent for free. Look at arsenal who have lost players to domestic clubs on frees or low fees due to contract issues, we can’t be shown to be weak in that aspect.

We should have enough to give him a contract and still invest in the squad. It doesn’t need huge amounts of investment either, just enough to keep things fresh, especially if we move players like origi on. Milner prob leave next season free up 150k as well

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.
  20. moreinjuredthanowen

Probably 300k a week without killing ourselves. He is probably on 200k and vvd got 220k recently.

Give him a massive goal bonus on top or win bonus either.

Others can pay 350k without blinking that's quite a payment tbh but in the end he isn't quite in the place to walk away at his age. He is in the position to maximise return from us due to us fans demanding the club pay up.