1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Caught offside.com the very pinnacle of reliable football news, are suggesting we have agreed an 11m deal for khedira for the January transfer window. The deal is supposedly agreed in principle with arsenal wanting to make sure he has recovered from his latest injury before going through with the deal.

I'd take khedira in a heartbeat.

2. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Caught offside reported twice that he was flying in for a medical in the summer <whistle>

He's going to bayern

3. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Probably!

They do have plenty of midfielders though, so who knows. He'd be a great signing.

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Not sure why Bayern would want Khedira.

He's a great player but ..Schweinsteiger, Alonso and Javi Martinez all play a simular role.

I think he'd be a good signing for us. I also think if Wenger was interested it would have happened already.

5. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

Such a shame we couldn't have grabbed Alonso - would have been a good short term solution...

6. TheBear

Not sure where else to put this but...

Wenger confirms he's trying to turn Diaby into a Defensive midfielder.

"I try to transform it, yes because I feel because he was injured for a long time and he has the physical potential to win the challenges, to face the game will be easier for him than to play with his back to goal with the injuries he had. I tried to develop him in a deeper role, I think he can do it. He can be very interesting because he has all the attributes to do it. After, he must love it as well because he&#8217;s more of an offensive-minded player."

I always felt we should have done this years ago.

7. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

He has the physical attributes but can he last 90 minutes - at the moment no. So let's try playing him n rotation with arteta and flamini and see how he goes until we can get Upgrade in January

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Getting Khadira in Jan would be typical of AW.
    Unwilling to pay market rate for a player with 12 months left on his contract, probably get a massive reduction in Jan and Real would happily take £11m (if that's the figure) given they lose him for **** all a few months later.
    Trouble is, with half the season gone by the time he lands we could be out of contention in every competition when the players presence could have made the difference.
    Planning for next year already ?

9. TheBear

We could be out of contention.. but we're not normally. Usually it's around March when things start to unravel.

Signing Khedira in January could be what we need to stop the usual slump in form.

10. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Khadria has picked up a few injuries (one very serious) in the last two season, so there is a lot of risk. I would prefer Carvalho or one of the Bender bros.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Apparently we made a bid for Lars Bender before and it was rejected, so Wenger obviously wants him at Arsenal. We should go all out to get him in my opinion, I think he's the better of the two brothers in the DM position and **** knows we badly need a holding MF player. £20m bid in January might do it. It would be harder to get Sven on account of Dortmund being in our CL group.

12. Murray

Murray Active Member

I think we need to stop placing our hope in magical players coming in and fixing the team. It just doesn't work that way.

We're always in a perpetual state of "we just need that one more player and we'll stop sucking". I'm thinking the problem is with the way the players are being used more than the actual players who are in the team.

13. TheBear

Well you say that.. but Flamini is the only DM in our squad and he's far from the required standard.

We also only have 2-3 recognised centre backs. Our squad is huge but the players are all very similar.. for me there is a definite lack of balance.

14. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

In fairness I think we've all agreed that we're in need of a CB and a DM. Prior to this window we also wanted another forward and possibly a winger. We got the last two but not the defensive cover needed so nothing has changed there. I don't doubt that Diaby can do a job there but can we ever rely on his fitness? History would say no! I'm happy enough to say farewell to Flamini if it meant we could bring in a new, reliable DM. Can't see Arteta being dropped what with him being our captain.

15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

We need a new conductor more than a few extra cello players.

16. TheBear

But we don't have any double bass players.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I reckon we need one of those blokes who hits the big Gong in the middle of the Orchestra

18. easystarallstar

easystarallstar New Member

what we really need is a roadie for the orchestra to do the actual heavy lifting the guys with the talent are too precious to do themselves how's that for an analogy?

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Are you saying that we need a big hairy midfielder with a beer belly and a mullet ?

20. easystarallstar

easystarallstar New Member

sound a bit like what cesc will look like in 15-20 years time that? but maybe yea prototype 80s hardman just hahaha