1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tranmere support taunts

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bigmackem, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

The Tranmere support on Tuesday was good but I found it more than a little ironic when the chant of “ your support is f*****g s**t “ was aimed at the SAFC supporters . It may have slipped their notice that the average attendance at the Stadium of Light is just short of 30,000 and most of our away games are Sold Out while they average under 7000 attendances .

smithy in nl likes this.
  2. ShieldsmanFTM

ShieldsmanFTM Member

I retrospectively enjoyed their ‘you’re ****ing ****’ with the score at 0-0.

3. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

I think they were referring to the noise level in the stadium rather than the attendance

When I exited the stadium I walked past a Tranmere supporter who was the size of a house who was singing "five nil and you still don't sing" over and over again to antagonise people

I have to say though that their away support was very noisy despite the score line

Main Stand Roker Wing likes this.
  4. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Our vocal support was once again embarrassingly quiet despite the 5-0 win.. I could not argue one bit with what they were singing.. At least half of the crowd couldn't even be arsed to stay to the end to applaud the victory..

5. My Left Foot

My Left Foot Active Member

It was a strange atmosphere last night. I think everyone was waiting for a kick in the teeth or something to go wrong until the 4th went in.

Chizno1, Montysoptician and MrRAWhite like this.
  6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Seems like it's going to take quite a bit to get the proper support back, maybe years. That's assuming of course that things are going well.

7. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

Our fans are as fickle as the next fans marra. Dismal performances by the team lately have sucked the life out of some people. More nights like last night though and the atmosphere will soon change

8. MrRAWhite

Hope so mate..

murray out and clockstander like this.
  9. PatsyMackem

PatsyMackem New Member

What do you mean, "the proper support"?
    Surely those of us who go in this division are the proper support.
    The missing ones are the "Premier League support"
    And I didn't think the atmosphere was bad last night. Hard to get manic when you're playing the likes of Tranmere, no disrespect to them.

10. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

There wasn't any chanting going on, but there was plenty of vocal encouragement and applauding. It was great to see Grigg getting the acknowledgment he deserved for his work rate as well

I agree with you about people leaving early. That is terrible to see, Obviously some will have good reason to leave, but not everyone

11. MrRAWhite

Griggs ovation was good, but I thought the atmosphere was dead in between the goals.. Even from the South of the ground it was the Tranmere fans that could be heard..

12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I mean the vocal support that cheers the team on no matter what, been awol for some time. There's two types of supporter, those who go to games and/or follow the team and those who actively support them on match day. We've got a lot more of the former than we used to.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  13. Mr_B

Mr_B Well-Known Member

To be fair, last nights game was the probably like a Wembley visit for them lads so they made the most of it. Good support though, they made a night of it.

Main Stand Roker Wing likes this.
  14. MrRAWhite

I was drinking with a couple of them in town after the game..

15. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

Their big day out, cup final etc. Expect them to give it the big un bless them.

16. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

Absolutely amazed at the reaction when we scored our fifth goal , their was a mass exodus from the ground so much so you would have thought we had gone five goals down . The team deserved some recognition for their performance but people just could not wait to get out rather than giving them a well earned ovation .

17. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Aye first fixture they would have looked for when they came out would be Sunderland away. 3 years ago they were non league and we were in the Premier league, our ground capacity is 3 times theirs, and our average attendance over 4 times theirs. Big day for them, big shame us being in the same league as them.

Billy Batts likes this.
  18. Barker Woofingham

Barker Woofingham Active Member

on 75 and 80 minutes?? there must have been a lot of good reasons.
    Where I sit now I feel like if I sing, Ill be the only bugger doing so... Illl probably move my seat next season but have to say we are more vocal/noisy away regardless.
    Id love to hear it rocking again... even wise men say is really subdued

19. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Sweet Caroline isn’t :emoticon-0103-cool:

20. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Our support held fast for years of grinding mediocrity.

The home support suffered the worst of it with mind numbing football from Bruce, MON, Moyes, etc. Seriously it was horrible to watch us scrape a handful of wins a season. Year after year of tedious home displays would challenge any group of supporters. Yet we showed, even in the relegation fights with Poyet, Advocat, di Canio and Allardyce that we can create incredible support with the slightest encouragement.

Of course teams like Tranmere will make the most of their biggest game of the season. As people rightly say it's their Cup Final just as it was for Wycombe who did a lap of honour on Saturday.

For us it's a cup match but more like a league cup tie against Mansfield.

Of course we want to win but when you barely know one of their players it's hard to get carried away.