1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Title race

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Libby, Apr 14, 2019.

?

Who will be champions in May?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2019.
  1. Red Scousers

33.3%
  2. Blue Mancs

66.7%
  1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The lord of jinx is always watching. :biggrin:

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  2. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Luv has that as his bedroom wallpaper <ok>

Deleted......., Libby and luvgonzo like this.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Oh ffs <doh>

I could well see Sky following Klopp & mouth breather Hendo as they make a ‘pilgrimage’ with the PL pot to their graves - for a vigil - with Thommo.....<laugh>

4. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

So much bitterness on this page.

Still think City will win as even if they draw a game Wolves will get something at Anfield.

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I quite fancy an open top bus parade...of the world. <laugh>

6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

You have no idea what’s in store for you lot if you don’t win it mate. I’m going to Liverpool with my camera and an 20ft cut-out of Fergie.

7. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I think city will win all their remaining league games.
    He won't make the same mistakes with us and think they want payback for that United comeback last year.

TBH it's a sum win win.
    Liverpool win the title then pep looks a **** for spending that amount and only winning one title.
    On a side not....When is a pundit or reporter going to tell that prick that the Charity Shield is not a resl ****ing trophy and has never been considerered one? FFS...most fans know what years their clubs won what trophies...as a kid I knew them but had no idea about the charity shield ...but no one I know can tell you how many Charity shields they won apart from fans of clubs who ain't ever won the FA Cup or the title...cos it ain't a ****ing trophy <grr>

Anyway back to the point...

If city win it pool fans will get bulleted for them bottling a 10 point lead

Like I said...win win

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah I know that **** will come our way but at this point we've lost 1 game all season and look like pushing City all the way, it's not really bottling it.

Archers Road likes this.
  9. remembercolinlee

If we get accused of bottling the the title v Leicester and v Chelsea when we were NEVER top then you ****ers are gonna get dogs abuse mate...thems the rules <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

True, you were never really close.

11. remembercolinlee

We won 12 out of our last 13 games when we came second to Chelsea and got called bottlers <laugh>

****s <wah>

Archers Road likes this.
  12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Even though they are our rivals I was never too bothered about City winning the title. I knew I'd get fcking **** at work and the usual blue nose bollox, but there was never any sycophantic ****e about their achievement being the most special in the history of the Premier League. There wasn't a footy media infested bunch of faux romanticists trying to claim it was a fcking magical mystery tour never before seen by the world. Even the likes of Summerbee and Quinn did nothing more than make bitter jibes about the city being blue.

In terms of achievement I wouldn't begrudge Liverpool at all in winning the league. They've been excellent and when you look at their mentality and resilience and the way they play, you can't help but respect that. Even as our greatest rivals you have to tip your hat. I can accept any amount of ribbing from rival fans and give it back, that's ALL just part and parcel of being a passionate football fan.

It's just the nauseating media hype that goes around it for fcking years... yes years to come. If they do win the league, next season will have every home game with a 2 hour preview on Sky with highlights of each of the 38 fixtures this season, the goalscorers, VVD's greatest tackles, Jamie Rednapp sniffing Salah's jockstrap, someone waking up Dalglish at whichever park bench he happens to be frequenting with his can of Special Brew giving his most memorable moments the year before, and everyone on TV having it written into their contracts they must accept LFC's PL title is the most special, and greatest achievement in the history of English football. No other club has this bollox, and if they did I'd feel exactly the same about them. And for that reason.... **** 'em <ok>

FosseFilberto likes this.
  13. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

20 years Liverpool fans have had to put up with football in this country being all about United and their achievements.

For a good 15 years Sky, the FA and Premier League rotated around United and Alec Ferguson.

Every ****ing year had to put up with it along with rubbing Liverpool's nose in it.

Poor ****ing you having to put up with 1 year.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Nah it's never as sycophantic. We've had Arsenal, Chelsea and more recently City being given the same pedestal and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Their achievements as well as ours have always reflected the achievement itself. Anything that was made to be special was dependent on the achievement e.g. treble, doubles, invincibles, back to back titles.

The media is FULL of ex-liverpool pundits and those that aren't are usually ABU's. If Liverpool win the league it won't be for 1 year, it'll be fore years to come. And even the year ahead will be made to feel like every waking minute of sporting media dedicating themselves to it. It's not like this hasn't happened before.

15. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

<laugh> That would be pure ****ing gold.

Grown men will be sobbing their ****ing hearts out. This has to happen, the tidal wave of Scouse sentimentality could actually raise sea levels and cause the Mersey to burst it’s banks.

You’re only talking us neutrals into it Tobes <ok>

Tobes and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  16. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

I'm telling you as someone who has had their entire life seeing United win it has been blanket coverage.

At least you've had the good times - I started watching around 95 and grew up having United thrown around everywhere, friends reminding you every year when United win - I grew up having to put up with it!

You perhaps don't see it as you obviously indulged in it which is fair enough.

If Liverpool do win then yes there will be a lot said as not won in so long.

I've had my whole life of the media banging on about United winning title after title, trophy after trophy, look at how **** Liverpool are, how long they haven't won, the cult of Alex Ferguson, King Eric, Christiano Ronaldo, Vidic and Rio etc etc.

Football in this country revolved around United for a bloody long time as the Prem suckled on the cash cow.

And there is then the class of ****ing '92 that gets brought up so much in the media that they made it into a film!

You don't know how good as you've had it.

17. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

God i want that title more with every post <cheers>

Archers Road likes this.
  18. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

I think it would only be fair to dye the Mersey red!

remembercolinlee and luvgonzo like this.
  19. Stan

Stan Stalker

Dis isn't just a title for Liverpool football club. Did is a title for all football fans. Liverpool football club is more than just a football club. Liverpool football club represents da hopes and dreams of all football fans. Dat's why Liverpool football club is every non Liverpool football club fan's second favourite club.
    Phil Thompson, May 2019

BobbyD, haslam and JakartaToon like this.
  20. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

I'm surprised you agree with this statement.