1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts for Wolves game

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thank goodness it's Warnock picking the side for Wolves and not me - I haven't a clue what the "best" starting 11 should be. Tomlin showed some class last night but maybe bringing Damour back into that midfield would be a better option at Molineux?

Up front how can you leave anyone out? Zohore is a constant threat, Mendez is playing out of his skin and Hoilett is far and away a huge improvement on last season. I think Ward is very unlucky to have those three and also Tomlin in front of him.

At the back it has to be the Morro/Bamba combo in the middle, but until Paterson is fit, do you bring back Pelts on the right or stick with Manga? It should be Bennett on the left unless he's going. All in all fantastic options to have all over the pitch.

2. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Should we worry about Bennett leaving, he's looked average on the few occasions I have seen him? Scored a couple against Ipswich last season, but not convinced. Did we pay a fee for him, and how much have Fulham bid...anyone know pals? :emoticon-0103-cool:

3. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I agree about Tomlin, he looked class last night.

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Sky just reported we have just rejected 10 big 'uns for KZ...old news? The

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I've put us down for 1-1 but wouldn't be surprised if we won. Can see the bench having a big say again. Great to be able to say that.
    Loic to join Ralls and gunnar in the centre of the park? 3 at the back? Who knows! One thing I will say is that however they line up, there will be a game plan and everyone will know their job.

Oldsparkey and DaiJones like this.
  6. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Wolves have invested heavily and their result up at Hull was very impressive. We're playing the only side in the championship who's current confidence would be on the same level as ours.
    I make them favourites because of home advantage but we'll be a serious test for everyone in this division. If we win it's going to be difficult not to get VERY excited.

I'm away down West Wales for the weekend or else I'd be going. I fancy Zohore to get back to scoring ways and whatever the result we'd have all been over the moon with 3 from 4 as a worst case scenario <ok>

ML, Zohore and Hoilett have to start. I think Tomlin will make way for Damour but that is harsh based on Tuesday night.
    Tomlin will be a great option off the bench though. I'd probably pick Peltier even though I though Manga showed promise at right back.

Like Masky I'm not convinced Bennet is a huge loss, Warnock seems to want him to stay though and there's little doubt he knows best.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I presume you mean you think Bennett is not a huge loss there Stevo?

I must say I tend to agree - it's only the fact that at the moment apart from Declan, we haven't got a viable left footed option.

Jazz is OK there but wouldn't be my choice - Peltier or Connolly would be hopelessly out of position.

8. Stevoldinho

I did re read the post and amend Sparks but you were quick off the mark there <ok>

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

A couple of comments from a Wolves blog site - they don't think much of us or our manager.......<laugh>

"Am expecting a physical match with Warnock’s lot kicking anything that moves and he will no doubt have them wound up.
    Their defense and strikers are obviously very good. Their midfield on the other hand are much weaker than ours, and we’ll therefore create more chances and win the game comfortably."
    Wolves 4
    Cardiff City 0

"It does not matter how much planning and scheming is done by opposition managers, nothing can predict that wonder goal by Neves on Tuesday.
    This is only one of the reasons why we will storm this league. We have so many different players who have already scored this season, and we have no out and out striker we are depending on to score the bulk of our goals.
    Add in the fact that some of our play has been breathtakingly sublime, super quick and incisive, and the realization that something really special is taking place, and other teams are going to be left chasing shadows.
    Warnock is a McCarthorse style dinosaur, still smarting from his “invincibles” of Cardiff 2003, putting out “shift” players.
    Well, dinosaurs are extinct, the world and football has progressed and evolved, and managers like him should be sent to the knackers yard.
    Easiest three points of the season tomorrow, 5-1 to me babbeez."
    Wolves 5
    Cardiff City 1

I posted a comment from Villa fan saying much the same thing before the game with them last week......<whistle>

10. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Confucius he say, "Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day".

These brain dead gits are worse than the Villa fan.

Wtf is the second one in about in 2003?

I hope their carers look after them tomorrow.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

There's more................<laugh><laugh>

"Let’s get this right no if’s or but’s, if you like football you have to hate Warnock. He’s a cynical opinionated bastard, who’s a poor loser, plays physically to kick the opposition off the park. He has no class at all, his time and attitude at Sheff Utd period shows that in spades always hard done to never getting decisions and often on the backs of the officials for applying the rules of the game.
    I want us to thrash Cardiff for those reason alone.
    That said he’s an old sly cheating SOB and we need to be wary of his team and tactics. They will fly out of the blocks and kick anything moving for first 10mins hoping to get away with blue murder. Come 5pm I will be overjoyed if Cardiff troup home having had their sheepy blue throats cut to ribbons by a bunch of slavering Wolves."

"Agree those savages will do their best to injure one of ours early on."

<laugh><laugh>

12. BluefromBridgend

What an arsehole!!!

13. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

NW has got the last 2 selections spot on & had the nouse to be able to change it at Burton.

He'll know what to do tomorrow.

So I'll not bother speculating and leave it to the gaffer:emoticon-0148-yes:

14. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

They can write all they like IMO as it won't make a jot of difference, they have a very good midfield in fairness with a lot of attacking threat but if we play the same midfield we did against Villa (Gunnarson, Ralls, and Damour) we will have enough industry in there to compete well and execute the pressing game on their back line that worked so effectively against a more attacking midfield. They are growing overconfident in their team and believing that they can smash a team who haven't conceded all year simply out of hatred for Warnock, I honestly don't mind being written off before the whistle blows because it just ensures their defense knocks off early on just like villa did.

Going for a 2-0 for us and some bitter Wolves fans complaining about hoof-ball because we know how to press in midfield and use wingers effectively.

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

More from the Wolves guys before the game.........

"As for the Cardiff infiltrators who’ve got their mams and dahs to buy some electric for their Commodore 64’s: I warned a welly wearing mate of mine a few years ago about having to learn 2 languages OFF of pobwl y com . You can see how educationally confused the poor buggers have become now….yakki dah."

"We are way too quick for Cardiff so grizzly guts will try to cut us down in midfield and on the wings.
    When that doesn’t work they will start falling over if they get anywhere near our box to get a free kick so they can put their giants in the box.
    Nuno will know this and discipline his side accordingly.
    Total confidence but we will need the break to get rid of the bruises."

"After beating Hull on Tuesday night,I think we can and should beat the sheep shaggers regardless what ****er Warnock spews to his team pre match,he’ll be telling them to kick scratch foul when the official’s arn’t looking.but after all quality counts and we’ve got that in she ad loads.UTW"

...........and only one so far after the game.......

"Double bollocks ..thought we couldn’t loose against the Sheep Shaggers..wake me up.."

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

16. Stevoldinho

<laugh> you can't blame them for getting a bit excited before the game. They've been **** for years and were all creaming themselves about winning a few games.

We've got a very good defence and a very good attack. Our manager knows exactly what it takes. This could be a seriously good season.
    The club seem to understand but Zohore is priceless this season. The PL money and parachute dwarf even the 20m warnock has mentioned. There's a long way to go but I'd rather be us than any other side in this division right now.
    On a side note fair play to MM and our cast off in tractor country. They were even less fancied than us to win 4 from 4

17. BluefromBridgend

Very true Stevo. Another manager who gets it organised. Whether they have squad depth is another matter.

18. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

The thing is Blue, I think WE might have the depth.

19. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

agree dude, but even so I think we will bring in another one or two before the window shuts........4 games in and looking in good shape>>>>>>we couldn't ask for more at the moment>>>we create chances for fun and got a solid enough defence..........just hope tans personal battle with malky doesn't get in the way

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  20. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

The Wolves forum is a great comedy read. I think they are worse the Villa

We are a bunch of thugs etc etc

Apparently you could hear one of their players screams in the Upper Stand.<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Stevoldinho likes this.