1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Things that aren't worth a new thread ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

On holiday in Lanzarote and have just listened a young couple sitting next to us arguing about the merits of fake grass. The husband was taking a pumelling! I felt like offering some advice - the only 3 phrases you need in a marriage is "It's up to you". "what do you fancy?" and most importantly "yes dear".

2. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

That fake grass gets hot in the sun
    Not much good in lanzarotte

Makemstine Roger and young2077 like this.
  3. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Think they were from London. No matter where they're from, he's not getting any fake lawn!

Vincemac likes this.
  4. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Fake grass looks ****e imo.

Just finished watching Reacher with Tom Cruise, I said for years I wouldn't watch it as there is no way he should be Reacher. However, couldn't find a film to watch and have enjoyed a couple with him in recently so gave it a go.

I tried to forget Reacher from the books and almost managed it until one part. He had been framed for murder and the cop says to the woman at the motel we are looking for someone who could kill a woman with one punch. She gives Reachers name (or fake name he used) hotel room number and says "you'll see". Now there is no way on ****ing earth anyone would look at someone of Rom Cruise size and build and think anything of the sort.

5. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

i hereby declare i am honestly going to try to just ignore the nutters that appear occasionally on this forum, unfortunately that will mean me not defending some posters so remember, i do not hate you i am just not replying to WUM's any more (if i can keep to this i will have done well)

6. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

It's OK, I think he's leaving on a jet plane...hopefully to Rwanda.

7. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Unless we deal with them/him appropriately, I presume, whereby you won't have to 'ignore' anyone :emoticon-0105-wink:

COYCS and samwise_new like this.
  8. LBW

LBW Well-Known Member

I collect adidas trainers and have decided to let some go with any money I make going to my son & his girlfriend for them to buy things for my soon to be born grandson. Now I’ve made around £300 so far so decided to give her it today as she only has around 7 weeks to go, she said she will put it towards the pram !! I was a little gobsmacked and said what do you mean towards a pram, how much is it like. I nearly fell through the floor when she told me !! I’m going to have to let some more of the collection go to fund this Ferrari / Pram. I can’t believe the price and honestly think they have lost their minds paying that amount of money for probably around 6 months. Worse than that the son informed me that they were over the moon with the furniture for the nursery and they couldn’t thank us enough !! Now I love my kids and the wife but I’ve been kept in the dark here and I’m not enjoying it, our lass is due in shortly from a session with her sister, she will be full of Hooch so it isn’t wise to approach the subject tonight, I will be waiting for her rising tomorrow like a coiled spring. I’m not greedy by any stretch but this baby extravaganza is new on me, when did the world go mad and start providing gold plated prams & furniture??

9. Oldsandy

Oldsandy Well-Known Member

And I bet you still ate them afterwards!:emoticon-0119-puke::emoticon-0136-giggl

Makemstine Roger, COYCS and rooch 3 like this.
  10. Oldsandy

Oldsandy Well-Known Member

Prime have a Reacher series on now and the lead actor really looks the part. I’ve only watched part of the first episode and they seem to stick to the book.

Makemstine Roger likes this.

11. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

massive money now marra, not like when i was a lad, we were grateful for anything we could get given...these days the kids HAVE to be in brand new 'top names' gear, when i hear them talking i still cannot help giving 'the look' and i find myself muttering 'wtf for?... they will not be in anything more than a couple of months' followed by the mass female death stare, so i clam up and wander back to my pc.

pretty much like the time my son at 14 wanted a new pair of nike air, i told him he can get himself a paper round if he wanted them (i am pretty much dead set against named gear, you pay for the name alone) so off he trotted, got himself a pair and paid out of his paper money wages, lasted a month...he never went mad for any named stuff after that.

Robertson and Oldsandy like this.
  12. young2077

Yeah he is more in line with the part. The series is very good to be honest.

I'm not sure anyone could play Reacher and have his supposed physical presence from the books, the way Lee Child writes him he walks in to any bar, diner, bus station during his drifting ways and everyone would turn to look due to his size and physical presence.

The TV series is good though and series 2 has been given the go ahead.

Makemstine Roger, Nacho and rooch 3 like this.
  13. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

It’s a strange one for me, for someone who looks wooden, he is a surprisingly good actor l don’t think he fits the character.

Makemstine Roger and young2077 like this.
  14. young2077

Just seen in the Echo about Gyan:

While sending a message to Arizona-based coach and Sunderland fan Ged Quinn on social media, Gyan said :"Say hi to the Sunderland fans, I miss them and I guess that's life. Hopefully I will see you guys in the future.”

I wonder if he regrets pulling the plug on his career for cash, I doubt he regrets the cash but I have seen a few things that he hints he wishes he did it in front of real football fans.

I doubt he would change a thing if given his time again, he was one of the best paid players in the world when he went there.

Robertson likes this.
  15. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

16. Notaskyboy

Notaskyboy Well-Known Member

Is this wrong, I think it should be but my mouths watering looking at it.

17. John Wick

This cash free society that the so called "Tin hat brigade" said would happen and everyone laughed, well, football stadiums, beamish and now cinemas don't accept cash. What's all that about? keeping track are they? load of ****e.

Makemstine Roger and samwise_new like this.
  18. rooch 3

What’s the problem?

19. John Wick

The problem? I didn't have a card on me.

Oldsandy and Makemstine Roger like this.
  20. rooch 3

That is a problem, I use my phone

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022