1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Poll

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Mar 11, 2016.

?

What form should this summer's Transfer Rumour Thread take?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2016.
  1. Same as last year, a complete free-for-all within the general rules of the forum.

56 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. Same as last year but keep it on-topic: puns and digressions will be removed.

29 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Same as last year but mods will remove obviously made-up rumours as well as off-topic posts.

14 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Only rumours with linked sources will be allowed.

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Following the debate about the Summer Transfer Rumour thread, here is your chance to choose the form the thread should take this year.

This is an anonymous poll, and you can change your mind if you want to. The poll will be open for 5 weeks, that's about the middle of April, so plenty of time for a decision to be made.

2. RedandWhiteManofKent

RedandWhiteManofKent Well-Known Member

Right, I think I've got it and understand.

Just to confirm if I think I saw Lionel messi shopping for a pair of espadrilles in primark in Southampton, that will just be deleted and I won't be hunted down and made to live in Portsmouth.

Also then, can I request any link or source linking us with a return for Adam lallana is automatically deleted to help my anger management issues.

Ta

saintlyhero likes this.
  3. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

No, as one of our more respected posters, anything you choose to post will automatically be believed 100% by everyone on the board.

I just hope you will be able to live with yourself if you disappoint us though... :rolleyes:

4. greensaint

greensaint Well-Known Member

Are we running a 'get it up on NewsNow' competition? I've several candidates lined up if so.

5. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Ooooh a referendum. Who's coming out in favour of the remain and change campaigns?!

6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I voted Change Vote. I don't think it registered so I did it again.

And again.

And again.

7. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the mods if any of the heavy-handed options are chosen. Prepare for a busy summer deleting threads!

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  8. letissier86

letissier86 Well-Known Member

Why the heavy-handed suggestions? Have these threads been a bad experience for some? Of just taking the chance to start afresh?

9. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Just a thought. You may remember when Ron joined us, the first hint that he might be in the frame was that some random guy, not a journalist, tweeted that his mate had been a caddie for him and overheard RK talking about it. The first actual link to an article in a newspaper was on page 5 of the thread.
    So sometimes rumours are true when "overheard ".

10. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

And Charlie boy was under the "sky sources " and the red top radars.......Billy on TSW broke the rumour spurring a flurry of bets but still never broke mainstream.......Guan is quite ITK as well.

11. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

This is a poll, so if you don't like the "heavy handed" options, don't vote for them! The options represent some of the complaints we had about last year's thread continually going off-topic and being hijacked by pages of puns and so on. If you want that to continue, vote for the first option. If you want the mods to apply some sort of filtering process, vote for one of the others. Whichever option ends up being the one chosen by the largest number at 12:32 pm on 15 April (no PR on this one I'm afraid), the mods will still have to make sure that posts fall within the forum rules, just like we do on all threads on this forum, but this poll is really to give us mods a frame of reference to do our job on this year's Rumours Thread.

12. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

I'm doing a very basic course on philosophy that centres around freedom of speech. This is a good snapshot of theories and principles i've been reading about

13. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I like puns but accept they may annoy some and are easy to spot and remove....ditto, something completely off thread, but, unless the mods are doing a course in omniscience, they are on dodgy grounds with removing suspected false rumours.

14. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Anyone making puns should be treated like a protestor at a Trump rally. Other than that, I'm all for free speech.

15. fatletiss

It is a shame that a little harmless, light hearted fun causes so much grief.

Life is short and looks like it is going to be very serious and dull soon. People complaining about a little light heartedness? Good grief, there are some bad problems out there to complain about, but this isn't one of them.

:(

16. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

I find transfer rumour threads hilarious and I firmly believe they should be kept unchanged.

I love following as people inflate all their hopes/prepare for suicide based on a rumour started by someone whose best mate's brother's workmate overheard someone in a toilet at Newport Pagnell services saying they had heard it from the horse's mouth.

It is creative thinking like that that makes the summer worthwhile.

Vin

17. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

Not complaining - infact I voted of one of them - just saying I feel sorry for you...

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  18. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Keep it the same!!!!

19. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Even if I'm the one who falls for it...I don't mind...alleviates the boredom of the summer. Any news (however false) is news and a topic of conversation.

holierthanthou likes this.
  20. fatletiss

Was that north or southbound at those services? I may be able to verify that or not....

... Is exactly the. Type of immature thing we are trying to avoid. Grow up man*

*says to self

Onionman likes this.