1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Mr Wolves-White, May 20, 2022.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've got to say I am not disappointed in that, I'd prefer to buy better or let Dan James have a run in the team. When you avoid relegation by the narrowest of margins you have to just suck it up and question was any of the regular starters actually good enough

Jammy 07 likes this.
  2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Good to see he's ambitious.:)

3. Irishshako

April 1st was weeks ago.:)

4. Irishshako

Get OLOF over to ER to have a word with his kneecaps, that'll slow him down.:)

5. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

The thing is he won't be a regular starter. Yeah he'll get Champs League but it will be from bench

ristac likes this.
  6. Mr Wolves-White

Raph says he wants his future sorted by Thursday and has asked for a move to Barca. A cash and swap deal could be in place as we're meant to be interested in Riqui Puig

7. Mr Wolves-White

Sam Johnstone has left WBA might be worth a punt

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Seems Noah Lang is still a thing and especially as Erik at Man Utd is a sworn enemy so wants prem football and Orta is an admirer.

Lets hope all the other players we always get listed with are not on the list, Ryan Kent who missed 2 sitters last week and cost Rangers European silverware. Traore from Wolves who Barcelona have sent back to Wolves……

Seems that 3 of the 4 top kids we signed season before last are now in line for first team squad under Marsch. Drameh, Greenwood and Gelhardt are in but no word on Summerville yet. YEP saying Drameh is staying to fight for RB place with Ayling and the kid from Aberdeen if we get him. Ayling is not going to be ready for new season. Greenwood has given an interview toan Arsenal journo and said the best thing for his career was leaving Arsenal and Arteta. He is super happy, very happy at Leeds…

foolee likes this.
  9. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Need to get players like Greenwood and Gelhardt to talk to other potential youth signings to sway them.

10. Mr Wolves-White

I reckon Ayling will be out the door soon along with Dallas. They're both getting on a bit

11. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Don’t want to rush players out this year as we’ve got a small squad as it is. Already seen people getting rid of Raphinha, Phillips, Harrison, Cooper, Llorente, Firpo, Klich, Roberts and Rodrigo in this close season but we need to strength and add in about 5-7 positions before getting rid of players. Think we’re running before we can walk tbh so I hope the club are sensible.

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So they offer us someone who’s been told they have no future at the club and we could pick up for peanuts but why would you want him? We’ve seen the quality of Barcelona B players

13. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

You definitely have to ask that question but then you always come back to what were the weakest links that caused the team to malfunction.

Full backs, attacking/goalscoring midfielders and an extra striker immediately spring to mind.

Last summer you felt that Dan James was an uneccessary signing as funds could have been better spent elsewhere. That was a reasonable point of view so should we do similar this summer and sign another keeper to compete with Meslier, for example, or just accept that whilst he's not perfect he's still pretty damn good ?

Unless we have £100M plus to spend it's likely to be more of the same next season.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    Doc and ristac like this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’m thinking we spent £28m on James and £15m on Harrison, it’s questionable who would suit the left side of attack better.

We’d not get our money back on James but we’d turn a profit in on Jack, with Spurs and money bags Newcastle eyeing him up sell him and help fund a more central player. I’ve no idea of the fee involved but I bet we could squeeze Newcastle for £25m possibly a bit more. When I say buy someone better I just mean for the team/squad in general

In regards to Meslier I think he’s just above average, I’d jump at the chance for someone better like Pope.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  15. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Personally think we’d be able to get more than 25 for Jack, I’d be thinking more along the lines of 35-40. For a winger with over 10 goal contributions a season in the PL and being English we could easily drive the price up however saying that I don’t think we should be selling the likes of Harrison and Phillips if we’re losing Raphinha. Can only afford to lose 1 of the players that have performed really otherwise we’re asking for trouble.

Agreed about Pope.

NostradEmus likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Dan James was a waste of money and a Bielsa white elephant to appease the great man. As Jammy says a midfielder should have been bought w the cash. We hear Marsch doesnt use traditional wingers and we are now seeing a lot of stories about Harrison going to Spurs/Newcastle, maybe no smoke without fire and Harrison knows the score? We have Summerville, James, Harrison, Poveda, Costa and Raphinha….. be great to see who goes and who comes in. Half wingers? Aaronson is a half winger, Rodrigo too, Noah Lang can play wing or AM

17. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Raphinha will be going. I’d assume we’ll try offload both Costa and Poveda so that only leaves us with Summerville, James and Harrison. Think it’d be a bit much to get rid of Harrison as well but we’ll see. Harrison also very rarely gets injured and has produced both seasons in the PL. If we got Lang and Aaronson there’s nothing to suggest these would be any good in the PL and could be Rodrigo part 2 so we need to be careful this summer. Also rumours of Minamino and he’s a half winger/attacking midfielder too but doubt we’d get Minamino, Lang and Aaronson tbh.

bucks_is_leeds and Doc like this.
  18. Mr Wolves-White

Personally, I'd rather us bring a young British talent.

blonogasoven and ristac like this.
  19. Mr Wolves-White

Sorry, Ristac another Barca player on the Radar.

Sergino Dest an another American. Guy's a RB and played at Ajax.

Supposedly Barca have offered him to Scum but Marsch wants to sign him

ristac likes this.
  20. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Rodrigo is ****e and is a trouble causer. He is the first one I'd try and offload.

ristac likes this.