1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Mr Wolves-White, May 20, 2022.

1. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Good...Aaronson being announced by the end of the week means we'll be bringing in a fair whack of players during the summer

2. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Hopefully Aaronson will be Rodrigos replacement.

Hopefully Taylor will be Firpos replacement.

Then we need a defensive midfielder to play alongside Phillips.

That's just for starters.

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have a sneaky feeling Marsch might keep Firpo but I'd much prefer Taylor if we could get him, he is 28 so would need to be a good price as a 4 year contract would see him to the end of his career. Phillips showed glimpses of being back to his best today but I am not sure he is going to stay. Aaronson you would hope is a done deal, described as box to box so I thought a replacement for Klich?

NostradEmus likes this.
  4. NostradEmus

Aaronson can play as a playmaker, box to box or he can play wide left.

Thought Firpo played well today apart from the nutmeg but he's not good enough.

To be honest, Raphinha (needs to go to fund other signings), Rodrigo, Firpo, Klich and James aren't good enough. Get rid. Then I'm looking at Roberts, Shackleton who need to leave.

I wouldn't be upset if Llorente left either.

This season has not been good enough. It can't be repeated.

ristac likes this.
  5. Mr Wolves-White

I'm in the mind of do we want a massive clear out after the injury crisis however I do agree with getting rid of Roberts

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I guess it depends on how short the board and Marsch feel we were. If two players I can’t see us bringing in more than 5 new players meaning three out the door?

But on the other hand, Roberts, Klich, Forshaw all need replacing too

NostradEmus likes this.
  7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

If we don't revamp the squad it's madness bordering on insanity hopefully this very close call will focus the powers that be to do whatever is necessary to prevent a repeat........the obvious deficiencies must be ironed out if we are to go forward, we deserve better than what has been served up now the board must act

NostradEmus likes this.
  8. NostradEmus

I thought Greenwood played really well in midfield today. Sure, he got tired in the end but he has potential in there. He's nowhere near ready for a starting spot though.

9. NostradEmus

Aaronson might be the Pablo replacement we badly needed.

10. Mr Wolves-White

This season has shown that we're well behind needing a couple of players. You need to remember that Orta signed a mass load of players in his first summer with is. I don't think Radz and Orta want a paper thin squad and Marsch likes big squads that he can rotate. I reckon there will a fair whack coming in.

NostradEmus and ristac like this.

11. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

We want to be buying about 6 players I’d say and that’s without any leaving so if any leave then they also need replacing unless they’re fringe squad players. I think we’ll defo sell one of Raphinha or Phillips but not both.

We lost a lot of players due to injury this season so we don’t want to let too many leave. Yes we need better than the likes of Rodrigo, Firpo & Roberts but I wouldn’t say we’re at the stage where we let those go to get 3 players in. We need to build a premier league squad now and that may mean having players that cost 10-40m on the bench to compete in this league.

Need at least a backup GK, LB upgrade, RB upgrade, CM, CAM & ST.

Obviously hearing Aaronson is a done deal so that’s the CAM sorted. I’d like us to go in for Nick Pope as he’s an amazing shot stopper and Burnley need some cash. Hearing we’re after Calvin Ramsey for RB so Drameh might be off this summer and Ayling will be backup. Not sure what we’ll do about LB but I definitely don’t want Charlie Taylor back as a lot are suggesting as he’s getting older now and do you not remember that he refused to play for us as he wanted out, not the sort of “team player” we want playing for us. Not sure if he’s been mentioned but Weston McKinnie would be a hell of a signing, is an American CM/box to box type player for Juventus but he might be a little out of reach for us. Striker options would be Dennis or Nketiah for me.

FORZA LEEDS and ristac like this.
  12. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Hay saying besides Aaronson, we're in negotiations for Ramsey and an unnamed PL striker.

13. NostradEmus

PL season starts early on August 6th. 9 weeks until game 1.

It's a short summer so hopefully we are going to move quickly and get this squad sorted early on.

I'm hoping for quite a few changes both ways. Some of these youngsters need new contracts and then sending out on loan. Hjelde, Cresswell, Dramah(?), Klaasen, Greenwood.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought Ramsay to Liverpool was virtually a done deal. I’d still love to give Drameh another try myself.

NostradEmus likes this.
  15. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Maybe we can snatch it due to being able to offer first team football? Not sure if we would due to Ayling but obviously got a better chance of getting in the team over Trent. Depends what the player wants I suppose. Bit part in cups or be pushing for a starting 11 place and playing most games in the PL.

Jammy 07 and NostradEmus like this.
  16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Surely a 19 year old who shines in the SPL is one for the future, I can’t see he’d be ready for the jump to the PL myself? We can’t go the same route as this season snatching up players for the U23s and hoping they’ll be stop gaps all over the pitch.

Aaronson might also struggle a bit year one, the Austrian league is something like 22 games a season, he’s going to be expected to double that. I’m not against the signing but I fear our expectations of him might be too great.

Last year I’d have said don’t touch him but now if we got Nketiah that would be a great capture, I can’t see him not resigning for Arsenal though

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Arsenal are chasing Jesus from City so Fast Eddie not going to be guaranteed games again. So if Hay is correct with the prem striker there are a few available
    • Fast Eddie
    • Weghorst
    • Minamino
    • Pukki
    • Batshuwai
    • Armstrong
    • Ings

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Strikers - Michy Bathsuayi is the favourite according to a few outlets. Looking at his record he is a bit hit and miss but we’ve got to be realistic, we’re not going to sign a £100m player. Somewhere in this rebuild we’re going to have to pick up a freebie out of contract or two

19. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Personally I’d go for Nketiah out of that lot. Minamino might do a job as well but age not on his side which is the same for batshuayi. I thought the plan was to go for younger players with resale value. Is Dennis not available as well with Watford going down? He did show he was PL ready this season and shouldn’t take too much 10-15 million to take him away from Watford but Nketiah would be free, knows some of the players and has played here before. Wouldn’t be surprised if we went in for that Nao Lang as well as I believe Orta thinks he’d be a shrewd investment and now Bielsa has gone Marsch might fancy him.

ristac and Doc like this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Dennis wanted in Italy but yeh available as is Cornet as well. Remember Aaronson and Minamino played for Marsch in Austria and Minamino was setting up goals for Haaland as well as scoring plenty

foolee and NostradEmus like this.