1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

'The Statement'

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by FulwellBri, Dec 28, 2019.

1. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

The release of the statement by the various safc groups is damning to say the least.
    It comes at the same time that PP is laying the ground for no transfers in this window.
    'Doesnt expect early moves'
    'Only want people that will make a difference or improve the team'.
    Nothing really surprising about transfer stuff. Countless managers have made similar statements 8n the past to lower expectations, but sadly I dont believe there is a shred of comfort to be had.
    Donald strikes me as someone who needs praise, respect, adulation etc like most need oxygen.
    He has already retreated to the panic bunker recently to try and drown out the flak.
    This statement will gut him. If sloanes and Jones have any integrity and club affinity at all they will give donald both barrels. My guess is they will keep schtum.
    Nevertheless if donald feels he is regarded with such disdain he is not going to want to spend any money for a club and fans that despise him.
    Reality is the best he can hope for is that he hands over the 'deeds' to the yanks and maybe walk away with some goodwill for accepting he had lost the fans etc .
    I fear it will get worse before it gets better

2. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

what happened with McGeady ? they could not even keep Maja we deserve better with 33,000 when we are crap how many would Arsenal and Spuds attract if they were as bad as us. These people don't know how to run a football club and that includes Murray, Short and Donald all amatures, look at Wolves now there is a club going places. I am on the carlsberg special mind to keep me happy, cos christ we are in a mess.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Whittylad likes this.