1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Sevilla Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

That’s us. Class all the way. Like most of the citizens of Seville which is a very friendly city.

Cottager58 likes this.
  2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Iniesta'd in the Copa del Rey final tonight fulhaman. Sevillastas showing their class again though -

Fulhaman likes this.
  3. Fulhaman

Not been our season this one. We play tomorrow evening as well, away against Levante who are 17th and 9 points clear of Deportivo who are in the drop Zone in 18th. Even if we win we'll only tie on points for 6th with Villareal who have a much better GD than us. Looks like we won't get European football next year but those blighters from over in Heliopolis will, who are sitting pretty in 5th on 56 points. Bah! The only slightly bright spot is that Malaga are already relegated, but then I always used to quite enjoy that away game as it was close(ish), full of ex pat English football fans who were quite good fun to have a drink with pre & post game and it was by the sea-side so if you played them at the start or end of a season you could make a weekend by the coast of it.

4. Fulhaman

And to prove it we lost and Montella got on board the Do One express. (Not so) New Manager is an old favourite, though. Joaquin Caparros. 3 Managers in a year is never good news.

5. Cottager58

Ouch! Bad luck with the guy in the middle of the three but, from the outside, things haven't been the same since Monchi went.

6. Cottager58

Batman pulled it off in style last night, Fulhaman

upload_2018-5-10_22-12-1.png

Pity the last 8 mins spoiled it a tad but sounds like Sevillistas were in top form.

Is it a Derby game next up for you as well?

7. Fulhaman

Was a great night. Got sloppy in the last few minutes thinking it was won and it nearly wasn't. Tonight's draw was a bit of a bugger. Pegged back in the 81st minute by Loren (whose full name is Loren Moron). The same word exists in Spanish and means the same thing. As you can imagine, he got a bit of stick.

Cottager58 likes this.
  8. Fulhaman

9. Fulhaman

There has been some debate over the Spanish goal of the season and this

is right up there and it's from the second devision rather than La Liga as you might expect. A 65 yard screamer into the top right hand corner. It's from Lugo's Juan Carlos. That is the Juan Carlos who happens to be Lugo's goal keeper. The video will be blocked from this site but they will provide a link so you can watch it.

Cottager58 and 2whitestripes like this.
  10. Fulhaman

Okay, it's an advert. But it's a good one.

Cottager58 likes this.

11. Cottager58

Great video Fulhaman and seems you've made a couple of okay signings so far. Words fail me though when I hear you've gone off to your pre-season training camp ... in Benidorm !!

12. Fulhaman

Still, at least the players are guaranteed a good night out, eh? I also see that we are taking on the Captain's Bournemouth on this coming Saturday - although the match is taking place in Murcia, which is quite a way away on the East Coast. It's pretty close to La Manga, so they could be getting a few rounds of golf in, whilst they are there. I have been on holiday there a few times and around Carthagena and Cabo De Payos it is very nice.

Cottager58 likes this.
  13. Cottager58

Safely through your second round of the Europa League then Fulhaman, Bet the players were glad this 2nd leg was in Budapest where it was a cool 24C.

Hope you and the señora are managing in the red-hot stuff you've currently got at home.

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Steady on there, Cottager; too much information! Let's not frighten the horses and all that.

Cottager58 and Fulhaman like this.
  15. Fulhaman

It’s a warm one. I came in from sitting on our balcony last night at just before 1:00am and it was 84 degrees. It will be about 109 degrees here today. The locals are used to it being hot so they are taking it in their stride. The streets are pretty quiet between 1:00pm and 4:00pm, though. Building workers are starting very early finishing by mid morning and then starting again about 4:00pm through to about 8:00pm. Must be hell for them. We are lucky. We have air conditioning. Plenty of homes out here don’t so how they sleep God only knows.

16. Fulhaman

Street.jpg

As an afterthought, we also use shade a lot to keep things cool, which doesn't happen in the UK. This is a fairly typical street in the centre of Sevilla that I snapped on my way into work. Narrow and using canopies to keep the sun out and the temperature down. It's still bloody hot mind. Took bloody ages for me to figure out the photo size was too big for upload so have had to cut it down. The original has lots of people in it and gave it colour and atmosphere - oh well - bang goes my World Press Photo Of The Year entry.

17. Cottager58

Know you wouldn't be there being over here Fulhaman, but sounds as though by all accounts unlucky to lose 2-1 to Barca in the Super Cup last night. Terrible for their winner to be scored by a Dembele as well !!

Real reason for posting though is the news that Dedryck Boyata didn't play for Celtic in their unexpected defeat 1-0 to Hearts at the weekend, the player saying that he was injured. The story is that he didn't want to risk injury because a move to Sevilla was very much on the cards. Suffice to say, when links to us were mooted in the transfer window the comments weren't exactly flattering.

18. Fulhaman

Not too worried by this, actually. We have a track record of taking players who the English League don't rate highly and turning them into club legends and very good players - N'Zonzi and Kanoute, for example.

Cottager58 likes this.
  19. Cottager58

When was the last time a player scored a hat trick for Sevilla, Fulhaman, never mind one in his debut game?

20. Fulhaman

I have no idea to be honest and the only person I knew who probably would know would have been the Senora’s dad, who is no longer with us.

Cracking start though.