1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The rumour mill

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, May 13, 2015.

1. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

He would rather sign for Etcetera than for us..

x

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Papy Djilobodji, a 'target' this window could be available as Loric Cana is expected to sign for Nantes. Wonder if we'd be tempted. Wonder if he's any good.

3. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Linked with Adrian Ramos - £7.2m from Dortmund, looks good but can we afford him?

Sam_Fring and ROBOJOHN like this.
  4. Stu_SAFC

Stu_SAFC Member

Van Rhijn would be a good signing from what I've seen! (which admittedly isn't loads...)

Could we potentially have him and Matthews covering at RB, and PVA/Jones at LB?

Looks like Jonny Evans might be on the move to WBA for £6-8m. Why the hell aren't we in for him if he's available? He's played here before, he's an established PL player, and he's still young... Would shore up our defence no end.

5. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Because he's ****.

Nads, Deleted, Sam_Fring and 3 others like this.
  6. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Heard a rumour yesterday we are after Lescott now Evans is going to WBA, it was not from a very reliable source though.

Well I think we are ****ed personally, the bad feeling is so bad no one wants to come here.

I hope I am proved wrong but we are well on our way to the championship or worse........

7. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

BOLOGNA MEDICAL FOR GIACCHERINI
    Emanuele Giaccherini
    will undergo a medical at Bologna on Sunday ahead of a proposed loan move from Sunderland, reports Gazzetta.it.
    Negotiations between Sunderland and the Serie A side have been conducted positively and Giaccherini looks on the verge of completing a season-long loan away from the Stadium of Light.

on sky website at 8.30pm Saturday

8. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Allegedly £75000 a week. Is he worth that?

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Doesn't make sense though Vegas. M'Vila and Lens are next level for us and both here. Toivonen looks another one on a similar level although admittedly I haven't seen enough of him yet. Kaboul is better than what we had. Full backs are the problem defensively! Time will tell I suppose

10. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Nailed it!!!

Lescott would have been a good buy, and he would have been a year ago.

We should have had Lescott and Micah Richards CB last season. Nice one Gus.

Disco down under and Brian Storm like this.

11. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Sunderland eye move for former Newcastle youngster
    Sunderland eye move for former Newcastle youngster

30th August 2015

Sunderland are reportedly eyeing a move for Peterborough United midfielder Marcus Maddison.

Black Cats boss Dick Advocaat is desperate to bring in a number of new faces before the transfer window closes on Tuesday evening with his side currently bottom of the Premier League standings after picking up just two points from their opening four games.

please log in to view this image

One player he is understood to be interested in is the League One star, with the 21-year-old making an impressive start to his own campaign, scoring three goals in five appearances in all competitions for the Posh.

Peterborough Director of Football Barry Fry has confirmed that Maddison, who started his career with Newcastle, will be allowed to leave if the price is right.

12. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

I disagree about Kaboul, Brown "was" a better player than Kaboul is, its just age has caught up with him.

I hope you are right though and I am proved wrong. Had a bad few days so was thinking quite negatively when I posted those comments.

13. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

I disagree about Kaboul mate! I reckon Bobby Moore would've looked ****e in our defence first two! Kaboul. IMO, was the best defender we had against Norwich. In fact he was the only defender we had! The other three were worse than anything I've seen since mccarthy's premier league season!

Class of 73 likes this.
  14. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

We can but hope

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Celtic are trying to push through last-minute deals for Steven Fletcher and Jozo Simunovic before Tuesday's transfer deadline.

The Parkhead club want to secure Scotland striker Fletcher on a year's loan from Sunderland, while they have put a £3.2million offer on the table for Dinamo Zagreb defender Simunovic.

As Sportsmail first revealed on August 14, the Croatian Under-20 international is first choice to replace Southampton-bound Virgil van Dijk.

Celtic are hopeful of tying up a deal to sign Jozo Simunovic (left) before the end of the transfer window

Celtic view Simunovic as the perfect replacement for outgoing centre-back star Virgil van Dijk (right)

Dinamo Zagreb chief Zdravko Mamic turned down an opening bid for the stopper after meeting Parkhead chief executive Peter Lawwell, insisting the player would stay put.

The Croatian champions subsequently secured qualification for a Champions League group featuring Bayern Munich, Arsenal and Olympiakos.

Despite dropping into the Europa League and securing Manchester United's Tyler Blackett on a season-long loan deal, however, Celtic remain keen on a player they believe represents value for money and have tendered a fresh proposal, pending personal terms and a medical.

The arrival of Simunovic would clear the way for the sale of Van Dijk to Premier League Southampton following months of speculation.

Making the reverse journey over the border could be Fletcher. The 28-year-old has repeatedly been linked with a move back north ever since a move from Hibernian fell through in 2009.

But with the striker now out of favour under Dick Advocaat at the Stadium of Light, the Scottish champions believe they can finally secure his services - initially for the current season and possibly longer.

Despite talk of a switch to Celtic never being far away, the player's circumstances and his wages were always stumbling blocks.

However, having started just one game under Advocaat this term, the player is now open to moving to Celtic Park with the Black Cats keen to off-load a percentage of his £40,000 per week weekly wage.

15. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

A years loan? Isn't he in the last year of his contract? Oh well! I hope he goes!

16. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I think he is. So he goes for a year loan and after that they get him for nowt.

Can`t complain tbf that`s about what he`s worth.

17. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

There'll be a loan fee fella. It's good way to combat the mercenaries. Now Celtic only need to pay his high wages for a year. Where if they tried to buy him outright Fletch would be demanding what he's on now for the duration of his new contract.

18. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

De Guzman just signed for Bournemouth on a 1 year loan with option to buy. 720k for the loan and £3.5m to buy later. Hope he lives to regret it even tho i'd rather have the hardworking and pleased to be here Toivonen.

Nacho likes this.
  19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Think we did right pulling out if he was dragging his feet, left himself with only Bournemouth. He was hoping for Everton but they didn't move. We have Ola & Fabio now so for all he's a good player I think we are fine without.

20. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

Just read that he has rejected a move to both clubs and is staying with Napoli???